Revamping the Republican Strategy

Taking Apple's "roads, sidewalks & streetlights" analogy to the appropriate level... How crazy would it be, if we decided that individual citizens have the right to call up the Department of Transportation and order a new road or sidewalk wherever they pleased? I can't see too well, so I think the government should provide me a streetlight on EVERY pole, not just one every 5 or 6, as it has been... I have that right to be able to see, correct? I live in rural Alabama, and we have a lot of dirt roads, shouldn't my rights to a nice paved road be met? Why do all the nice paved roads go to the rich sub-developments? Aren't I entitled to the same rights to nice paved roads? And I own some property out in the boonies, and need a nice paved road out to it, so I can then have streetlights and sidewalks, because I have the right to this, and the government needs to provide it for me. Why should millions of people have to risk personal safety, indeed, their own LIFE, to walk along the shoulder of a road, where there is no sidewalk? Think of the thousands of lives we could save each year, if only there were sidewalks beside every road? And while we're on the subject, can we get some public transportation out here in the boonies too? Government could help SO many people in rural America, if they would just give us free buses or trains into the cities! That should be our RIGHT!

Am I making my point yet?

I don't have a "right" to be transported from point A to point B. Transportation workers do not have an obligation to provide me with free transportation. The government can't provide me with free transportation because the government does not own transportation workers. I don't have a "right" to have a road or sidewalk, or streetlights, the government can't give these to me for free, they don't own the people who provide these things, and those individuals are not obligated to provide them for me at no charge. The costs for all these things are paid for by the people in the form of taxes. Not because they have a "right" to them, but because they collectively agreed to pay for these things. The people who work in transportation, or build roads, sidewalks, etc., aren't obligated to do so because I am entitled to their services. If the government were unable to adequately compensate them for their services, they are free to do something else, and there is nothing the government can do about that. I can't claim their service is my right of entitlement, that is the argument for slavery.

BINGO! :good4u: That's why Obama is back in the White House where he belongs. The PEOPLE decided and you know the old saying, "To get along, you go along." :)

Taking Apple's "roads, sidewalks & streetlights" analogy to the appropriate level... How crazy would it be, if we decided that individual citizens have the right to call up the Department of Transportation and order a new road or sidewalk wherever they pleased? I can't see too well, so I think the government should provide me a streetlight on EVERY pole, not just one every 5 or 6, as it has been... I have that right to be able to see, correct? I live in rural Alabama, and we have a lot of dirt roads, shouldn't my rights to a nice paved road be met? Why do all the nice paved roads go to the rich sub-developments? Aren't I entitled to the same rights to nice paved roads? And I own some property out in the boonies, and need a nice paved road out to it, so I can then have streetlights and sidewalks, because I have the right to this, and the government needs to provide it for me. Why should millions of people have to risk personal safety, indeed, their own LIFE, to walk along the shoulder of a road, where there is no sidewalk? Think of the thousands of lives we could save each year, if only there were sidewalks beside every road? And while we're on the subject, can we get some public transportation out here in the boonies too? Government could help SO many people in rural America, if they would just give us free buses or trains into the cities! That should be our RIGHT!

Am I making my point yet?

Absolutely! And it is your right to get the people together and vote for a guy who believes you deserve a paved road and that guy will raise taxes and get the road paved. See how easy it is? And if some dufus complains just ignore him because he is also going to pay a portion of that road whether he likes it or not.

Pretty hilarious when one party demonizes democracy in motion. Righties are such dumb fucks.

:rofl2:

I've recently read there may be evidence homo sapiens and neanderthals interbred. If that is the case the present day Republican may carry some recessive neanderthal genes. :dunno:

BINGO! :good4u: That's why Obama is back in the White House where he belongs. The PEOPLE decided and you know the old saying, "To get along, you go along." :)

Not exactly true. A majority of Americans still want Obamacare repealed. But even assuming this is true, people elected James Buchanan to keep slavery legal, and we went along with that idea too.

Absolutely! And it is your right to get the people together and vote for a guy who believes you deserve a paved road and that guy will raise taxes and get the road paved. See how easy it is? And if some dufus complains just ignore him because he is also going to pay a portion of that road whether he likes it or not.

It's not your right to spend MY money on YOUR road. It's not even your moral right to vote for politicians to make that happen. Just as people once ignored abolitionists, there will be a huge price to pay for your ignorance and smugness.

Not exactly true. A majority of Americans still want Obamacare repealed. But even assuming this is true, people elected James Buchanan to keep slavery legal, and we went along with that idea too.

What can one expect regarding ObamaCare considering all the outrageous lies? Regarding slavery how many "regular" folks voted back in those days? Obliged to own land. Literacy tests. Check it out. http://www.infoplease.com/timelines/voting.html

It's not your right to spend MY money on YOUR road. It's not even your moral right to vote for politicians to make that happen. Just as people once ignored abolitionists, there will be a huge price to pay for your ignorance and smugness.

Ah, but it is our right to spend your money. :) Taxes voted on by Congress. If you are part of society then dig in that pocket or get more money sent over from Germany. :lol:

Ah, but it is our right to spend your money.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Uhm, so.... NO, it's NOT your damn right.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Yes it is, rube. See; CONSTITUTION

Article I, Section 8 and Amendment XVI. Quit while you're BEHIND, moron.

Yes it is, rube. See; CONSTITUTION

Article I, Section 8 and Amendment XVI. Quit while you're BEHIND, moron.

You know how, on Sesame Street, when they say at the end: "Sesame Street was made possible by..." then they go on to tell you who made it possible? Well..... Article I, Section 8, and Amendment XVI were made possible by the Preamble I quoted from.

I understand you want me to quit, I don't blame you for that. But you're going to have to come kill me to get me to quit, and all I have to say is, good luck with that. Better bring a ton of ammo, fairy!

You know how, on Sesame Street, when they say at the end: "Sesame Street was made possible by..." then they go on to tell you who made it possible? Well..... Article I, Section 8, and Amendment XVI were made possible by the Preamble I quoted from.

I understand you want me to quit, I don't blame you for that. But you're going to have to come kill me to get me to quit, and all I have to say is, good luck with that. Better bring a ton of ammo, fairy!

'Quit' what? Being the laughingstock JPP righty dumbass? Don't ever quit. :rofl2:

Another self-evident right is kicking the ass of those people living in ones country using the services and infrastructure and not paying their fair share when able to do so. I think the term is "freeloader". It may be ones right to dissolve the political bands but that does not mean lay claim to part of the country in which they happen to live.

As far as "Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government," is concerned that's exactly what the people did. They abolished the Repub government and instituted a Democrat government. Just like you said they were supposed to do. :)

You just can't please some people. :rolleyes:

You're the biggest fucking drama queen on the board Dixie Lou. The title of the thread you started is: 'Revamping the Republican Strategy'

And you have preceded to tell us that the majority of Americans just got it wrong, according to YOU.

You have one right...A vote, singular, mono, one. If your local government put a referendum on the ballot to put up street lights every 2 ft, you have the right to A vote, singular, mono, one. If you and 998 others vote nay, and 999 + one other votes yea, they have the right to spend your money.

You're the biggest fucking drama queen on the board Dixie Lou. The title of the thread you started is: 'Revamping the Republican Strategy'

And you have preceded to tell us that the majority of Americans just got it wrong, according to YOU.

You have one right...A vote, singular, mono, one. If your local government put a referendum on the ballot to put up street lights every 2 ft, you have the right to A vote, singular, mono, one. If you and 998 others vote nay, and 999 + one other votes yea, they have the right to spend your money.

Dixie Lou. That's such a sweet name. :lol:

Back