Roll Call...New Member On The Floor

Just looked at our newcomers blog and it confirmed for me that he is solidly in Nancy Pelosi's camp and this continued shutdown is strictly the fault of Trump and the GOP. Even though it's evident to reasonable people that we have two egotistical idiots locked in mortal combat to prove who is the stronger and neither caring what their stonewalling each other is doing to the country. Welcome Felex you have plenty of left wing nut jobs here to support you.

Just looked at our newcomers blog and it confirmed for me that he is solidly in Nancy Pelosi's camp and this continued shutdown is strictly the fault of Trump and the GOP. Even though it's evident to reasonable people that we have two egotistical idiots locked in mortal combat to prove who is the stronger and neither caring what their stonewalling each other is doing to the country. Welcome Felex you have plenty of left wing nut jobs here to support you.

There is NO equivalency here, Grumpy.

Nancy Pelosi is JUST ASKING FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO BE RE-OPENED...and has steered a clean CR through in order to get it done.

Donald Trump is insisting he is not going to re-open the government until he gets this idiotic wall.

Donald Trump is using the government shut-down as an extortion tool for expenditures he wants...and that the congress has not approved.

No one...not Nancy Pelosi or anyone else...should allow Donald Trump to extort the Congress.

The wall will be the result of expenditure of taxpayer money...AND THE CONSTITUTION REQUIRES THAT EXPENDITURES OF THIS SORT MUST BE INITIATED IN THE HOUSE.

Nancy Pelosi is JUST ASKING FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO BE RE-OPENED...and has steered a clean CR through in order to get it done.

Donald Trump is insisting he is not going to re-open the government until he gets this idiotic wall.

Donald Trump is using the government shut-down as an extortion tool for expenditures he wants...and that the congress has not approved.

No one...not Nancy Pelosi or anyone else...should allow Donald Trump to extort the Congress.

The wall will be the result of expenditure of taxpayer money...AND THE CONSTITUTION REQUIRES THAT EXPENDITURES OF THIS SORT MUST BE INITIATED IN THE HOUSE.

That's where we disagree. Trump won't budge till he get's something for the wall and Nancy refuses to even talk funding for the wall. As I said one needs to take the high ground and either drop the 5 billion or offer Trump half of what he wants. Then if Trump declines it's all on him.

The way I see it both are doing the exact same thing. Pelosi is trying to use extortion on the president into letting her dictate presidential policies. The major difference we have is I firmly dislike Trump and Pelosi equally. When you only hate Trump.

Last edited:

I believe the President ,when he said he would own the shutdown

That's where we disagree. Trump won't budge till he get's something for the wall and Nancy refuses to even talk funding for the wall. As I said one needs to take the high ground and either drop the 5 billion or offer Trump half of what he wants. Then if Trump declines it's all on him.

The way I see it both are doing the exact same thing. Pelosi is trying to use extortion on the president into letting her dictate presidential policies. The major difference we have is I firmly dislike Trump and Pelosi equally. When you only hate Trump.

It's already all on Trump!

Extortion is the magic word

We do disagree here, Grumpy.

What if, instead of his "wall", Trump were demanding that gold toilets be put into the White House lavatories before he would re-open the government?

What if, instead of his "wall", Trump were demanding any of dozens of other things he might want before he would re-open the government?

Pelosi would be dishonoring her oath of office if she conceded to Trumps' extortion. I am sorrowed to acknowledge she probably will make a concession to that disgusting abomination...but I would prefer that she not do so.

The opening of the government should NOT be tied to any other demand...ever.

I hope they finally put a law in place that requires a CR immediately upon an impasse.

The way I see it both are doing the exact same thing. Pelosi is trying to use extortion on the president into letting her dictate presidential policies.

Well then you are "seeing" it wrong. The Constitution specifically assigns responsibility for how the taxpayers' money is to be spent to be initiated by the House. That is NOT a function of the president.

Trump made an idiotic promise to some morons that he was going to get Mexico to build a wall across our southern border...and now is trying to extort the House into allocating money to build that wall.

No competent legislator should allow the extortion to succeed.

Trump is about to speak. Some kind of deal has apparently been made. We'll see what happens.

The major difference we have is I firmly dislike Trump and Pelosi equally. When you only hate Trump.

I do NOT hate Trump or Pelosi.

We do disagree here, Grumpy.

What if, instead of his "wall", Trump were demanding that gold toilets be put into the White House lavatories before he would re-open the government?

What if, instead of his "wall", Trump were demanding any of dozens of other things he might want before he would re-open the government?

Pelosi would be dishonoring her oath of office if she conceded to Trumps' extortion. I am sorrowed to acknowledge she probably will make a concession to that disgusting abomination...but I would prefer that she not do so.

The opening of the government should NOT be tied to any other demand...ever.

I hope they finally put a law in place that requires a CR immediately upon an impasse.

Well then you are "seeing" it wrong. The Constitution specifically assigns responsibility for how the taxpayers' money is to be spent to be initiated by the House. That is NOT a function of the president.

Trump made an idiotic promise to some morons that he was going to get Mexico to build a wall across our southern border...and now is trying to extort the House into allocating money to build that wall.

No competent legislator should allow the extortion to succeed.

Trump is about to speak. Some kind of deal has apparently been made. We'll see what happens.

I do NOT hate Trump or Pelosi.

I won't address your asinine what if crap.

For someone who claims not to hate Trump you sure can throw a malignant triade against him.

I won't address your asinine what if crap.

I don't blame you. It would show just how absurd and "asinine" your claim that Pelosi and Schumer should offer Trump some concessions on his extortion...are.

For someone who claims not to hate Trump you sure can throw a malignant triade against him.

My "tirade" is aimed at the fact that he is president of the United States...the face of our nation on the world's stage. Anyone who is not disgusted with that is an ignoramus.

As Donald Trump, the human, if I found him in distress, I would do everything possible to comfort him...as I would do for any other human. I do not "hate" people. Sorry that you do.

People triggered by a hat... It's not "caving" when that's the mentality of those you're trying to negotiate with...;)

People triggered by a hat... It's not "caving" when that's the mentality of those you're trying to negotiate with...;)

What Donald Trump did yesterday is CAVING...no matter what assholes like you want to pretend it to be. ;)

He didn't cave....

HE CAVED!

ABOUT AS THUNDEROUSLY AS IT IS POSSIBLE TO CAVE.

Anyone sane could read it in his face...if the fact that he gave into everything he said he wouldn't were not enough.

does that hat trigger you, Mr. Frank;)?

I look at someone with one of those red hats and have to stifle the laughter.

They are the mark of someone too stupid to realize how stupid he/she is. Essentially someone wearing one of them is saying, "I am an asshole...and I am proud to be an asshole."

Back