Sad news: E man is gone.

I pretty much stayed out of the threads eman hijacked but I always imagined him sitting behind the keyboard laughing his ass off as he would rile up numerous people at a time. I managed to get under his skin once while he was going off on a religious rant, calling him the black Gary Busey. His passing came as quite a shock and he will be remembered by many people for a multitude of reasons.

Hi folks! Long time...

The beautiful Black Woman from Roatan (Honduras) used the screen name "Rasta Uman" at DCJ.

I sent her an email maybe she will read this thread.

Sorry to hear about E-Man's passing he was one of a kind!

Respectfully,

Murky

Hi folks! Long time...

The beautiful Black Woman from Roatan (Honduras) used the screen name "Rasta Uman" at DCJ.

I sent her an email maybe she will read this thread.

Sorry to hear about E-Man's passing he was one of a kind!

Respectfully,

Murky

Hey Murk, thanks for stopping by & the heads up on Rasta.... How you doing?? Hope all is well out on the island.:)

We have not seen BAC around in a while either.. Beginning of the year he said he had "had" some ailments but not much more, then suddenly stopped posting...

Hope she stops by & you swing by now & then & say hi............ Take care..

My condolences on the loss of your friend and forum buddy. I was a member at DCJ but rarely posted. I remember reading Eman and some woman constantly bickering, Eman claiming to be a studmuffin and the woman putting him in his place. :D
Eman was a walking talking contradiction. There is some classic stuff on Youtube from a trip he took to China. He was gorging himself in a restaurant, surrounded by a group of Chinese women. One of the girls mentioned that he 'eat so much. He eat, and then he eat more.'

Hilarious. You either loved him, hated him, or both. He could stretch threads by 50 pages overnight, without ever saying a thing of value.

Sad news. He was too young to die.

He was a powerful personality, in cyberspace as well as the real world.. I can think of a few who that might be, but if I had to guess I would say Minty...

While they fought @ times, just as often were the best of friends.....

I have been around many years posting & I have never, not even close found anyone as prolific a poster as Eman....... He could easily post well over 25,000 post per year, & that would be just talking about himself, you add some serious flirting & some debate & you were looking @ 35,000-40,000+ posts......... & even then he would go long spells w/out posting @all... Man was a beast w/ a keyboard..
I was thinking Dadakarma. Minty and he were buds due to their political beliefs, but he even managed to piss her off at times.

It wasn't Minty, it was a woman who lived on an island IIRC. 35-40K posts a year, he made sparks fly!
Eman lived on Catalina Island. I'm thinking it was a member who left here because she refused to tolerate the racism/misogyny. Parade Rain here, I believe. We arrived together.

Not quite in the same league as Dixie when it came to ranting and like Dixie he never let ignorance get in the way of strongly hel beliefs. I do remember that he loathed me but that’s hardly unique.

First time I ran into Eman he was ranting on an environmental issue he didn’t have that first clue about. I made the mistake of pointing that out to him.
Oh boy...that'll stretch a thread.

Uh no. Dixie was a he. Check out the “in memorium” thread for Dixie who also is no longer with us. Dixie was a JPP hall of famer from Alabama who was well known for his stubbornness, his ascerbic wit and his rants. He was often hilarious for all the wrong reasons and unintentionally. He was also astounding for creating threads would receive over 500 responses.

Dixie was probably the most important member of JPP in its early days due to his propensity for making the most outrageous comments, such as his famous definition of thirds, and defending them passionately.
Wait a minute...that sounds familiar

You’ll have to excuse me. It’s poor manors to speak ill of The recently departed, but I’m shocked that he wrote a book on environmentalism that had any shred of credibility as in my few conversations with him on environmentalism he struck me as profoundly uninformed and ignorant on the subject. I don’t say that as a political antagonist but as an environmental professional who has actually worked in the field for 30 years and has often gone into harms way. He was almost completely unedecated in even the most basic sciences related to environmental work. I often made sport of the poor fellow on that account.
Agree. He was more about promoting HIS agenda, which happened to be pro nuclear. Not typically what you see in an environmentalist.

And then there were the thousand or so pages about reparations.

Exactly. I was part of a team, back when I started my environmental career, that obtained the first federal exemption for recycling hazardous waste. It was a significant accomplishment as it set the precedent for today’s standards for recycling hazardous waste. My point being establishing those standards was the significant accomplishment, not who did what first. We did work that benefited the entire regulated community but we were motivated by self interest.

Eman was more of an activist and a social climber. He certainly wasn’t a professional in the field.
You have to admit...he has more photo ops than any 10 people you know

Where did you all find news or info about him passing away???

I searched using his screen name and his real name and found nothing in reference to him passing away.

Anyway, I did a search of archived DCJ pages for the girl you're wondering about. I searched through several archived pages over a span of a few years up until about 2014. I also searched through as much of the member list as it would let me. It only had the first page for each letter of the alphabet, but many of them were only one page anyhow.
I recently had problems trying to get into any DCJ archived material

I was thinking Dadakarma. Minty and he were buds due to their political beliefs, but he even managed to piss her off at times.

Yep, some seriously LONG threads that were impossible to follow, I gave up....... Yea, Minty, trinnity, & who was that other guy?? Can't recall his name as he changed it several times, like elvis something 57...

Yea, him & Dada would be like water, gas in a lightening storm.....:rofl2:

Wayers57???? He posted here for a short time.

I pretty much stayed out of the threads eman hijacked but I always imagined him sitting behind the keyboard laughing his ass off as he would rile up numerous people at a time. I managed to get under his skin once while he was going off on a religious rant, calling him the black Gary Busey. His passing came as quite a shock and he will be remembered by many people for a multitude of reasons.
I had to eventually put him on ignore. I would retire for the night, and check a really good thread the next morning...only to find Eman added about 100 inane posts.

Yep, some seriously LONG threads that were impossible to follow, I gave up....... Yea, Minty, trinnity, & who was that other guy?? Can't recall his name as he changed it several times, like elvis something 57...

Yea, him & Dada would be like water, gas in a lightening storm.....:rofl2:

Wayers57???? He posted here for a short time.
I believe the other guy posts here as Big Dog. Unless you're thinking of Doctor Dog/Wayers? He was a real piece of shit.

Eman lived on Catalina Island. I'm thinking it was a member who left here because she refused to tolerate the racism/misogyny. Parade Rain here, I believe. We arrived together.

No, actually Eman lived in Maryland in a small, older, one story concrete block ranch style house in Prince George's County.

I looked up the address once and Google Street Viewed it. I might still have it stored on my old computer.

Small-ish and nothing fancy, but well maintained.

I'm guessing he knew somebody on Catalina Island who let him stay occasionally.

Back