Scientism

I'm consistently surprised, and confused, by the mental leaps and assumptions you make.

The nuances of curfew laws vary across Arizona cities, but there are some popular guidelines that many cities follow. For example, Avondale, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Goodyear, Mesa, Phoenix, Queen Creek and Scottsdale and Tempe all have very similar laws: If you’re under age 16, you cannot be outside without adult supervision between the hours of 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.; if you’re between ages 16 and 18, you cannot be outside without adult supervision between midnight and 5 a.m. In Surprise, however, minors under age 18 may not be in a city public place between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday, or between midnight and 5 a.m. on Friday and Saturday.Thanks for the feedback! :thup:

https://stopandgo1.com/arizona-driv...dale, Chandler,,you cannot be outside without

Traditionally under the jurisdiction of local governments, curfews are commonplace in cities and towns across America, according to the U.S. Conference of Mayors. In a December 1995 survey of 1,000 cities with populations of more than 30,000, the conference found that 70 percent, or 270 of the 387 cities responding, have a curfew ordinance in place. An additional 6 percent, or 23 cities, were considering adopting curfew legislation, according to the survey.50 Cities that have enacted new curfew ordinances or have amended existing curfew legislation since 1994 include Arlington, VA; Austin, TX; Baltimore, MD; Buffalo, NY; Phoenix, AZ; Oklahoma City, OK; and San Jose, CA.51

https://ojjdp.ojp.gov/sites/g/files...waii has enacted statewide curfew legislation.

I had no idea Arizona was so Left-Winged. Texas is banning curfews.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/n...fews-in-texas-cities-and-counties/ar-AA1d30zn
New law strikes down juvenile curfews in Texas cities and counties
House Bill 1819 takes effect on Sept. 1. It forbids Texas cities and counties from enforcing a curfew “to regulate the movements or actions of persons younger than 18 years of age.” Emergency management curfews can still be imposed under a different section of state law...

..Tim Lambert, President of the Texas Home School Coalition praised the legislation, saying it had support from homeschoolers, the NAACP and some groups “left of center.”

“The point we would make: the parents should make the decision on when kids can be out,” Lambert said. “Home school students were picked up for not being in a school.”

I definitely would not say that Arizona is a left wing state
because of cities having curfew laws. Arizona's gun laws or anything but left wing.

Curfew laws are authoritarian. Mostly associated with LW states in the US, but, in the past, associated with RW dictatorships.

Curfew laws are authoritarian. Mostly associated with LW states in the US, but, in the past, associated with RW dictatorships.

Ok, but generalizing Arizona as a left wing state based on that one thing is odd. Arizona is ripped by the Left because of our very pro-2A laws.

Ok, but generalizing Arizona as a left wing state based on that one thing is odd. Arizona is ripped by the Left because of our very pro-2A laws.

Yes, it is. Why did you do it? I posted curfews are LW, you lept to the conclusion that makes AZ a LW state. Why?

I had no idea Arizona was so Left-Winged.
because of cities having curfew laws. Arizona's gun laws or anything but left wing.

Yes, it is. Why did you do it? I posted curfews are LW, you lept to the conclusion that makes AZ a LW state. Why?

lol.... in your post... your first post above stating an opinion about curfews, you called Arizona left wing. You even posted your own quote, in the post I'm replying to here, where you call AZ left wing.

Am I in some alternate universe?

Last edited:
lol.... in your post... your first post above stating an opinion about curfews, you called Arizona left wing. You even posted your own quote in the post I'm replying to here.

Am I in some alternate universe?
Yes, I commented that AZ was left-wing. You leapt to the conclusion that makes AZ a LW state. The fact you don't see the difference is interesting, Mode.

I don't want to be judgy, but it appears so. :)

Yes, I commented that AZ was left-wing. You leapt to the conclusion that makes AZ a LW state. The fact you don't see the difference is interesting, Mode.

I don't want to be judgy, but it appears so. :)

So, let's break this down to make sure I understand what you're saying:

Arizona is left wing
Arizona is a state
Arizona is not a left wing state

Do I have that right?

So, let's break this down to make sure I understand what you're saying:

Arizona is left wing
Arizona is a state
Arizona is not a left wing state

Do I have that right?
You're getting closer, Mode. Curfews are Left Wing. It doesn't make AZ a LW state.

Consider that I support, like the rest of the Constitution, the Equal Protection Clause. This means I support gays having the same rights and benefits of marriage as any other couple. Trumpers say that's "left wing", yet I also support gun rights and State's rights, which are RW. So am I LW or RW?

Does having a LW law like curfews make a state LW or RW?

You're getting closer, Mode. Curfews are Left Wing. It doesn't make AZ a LW state.

Consider that I support, like the rest of the Constitution, the Equal Protection Clause. This means I support gays having the same rights and benefits of marriage as any other couple. Trumpers say that's "left wing", yet I also support gun rights and State's rights, which are RW. So am I LW or RW?

Does having a LW law like curfews make a state LW or RW?

You said Arizona is LW

We know that Arizona is a state

Arizona is not a LW state?

23FL.gif

You said Arizona is LW

We know that Arizona is a state

Arizona is not a LW state?

23FL.gif
No. What is your level of education and IQ, Mode? You've repeatedly claimed that saying a law is LW, such as curfews, means that it makes the state LW. That's not true and is a logic failure on your part.

I had no idea Arizona was so Left-Winged.

No. What is your level of education and IQ, Mode? You've repeatedly claimed that saying a law is LW, such as curfews, means that it makes the state LW. That's not true and is a logic failure on your part.

I'm going to assume you're messing with me because there's just no way you can be serious right now.

I'm going to assume you're messing with me because there's just no way you can be serious right now.

Probing is not "messing". I'm curious about the discrepancies in your views.

Text is a very poor form of communication. Only by asking questions and discussion (probing) can people better understand each other through text.

In your case, there was the discussion on Free Will versus Determinism, your son versus Determinism and, now, your persistence in claiming a comment that an action or law being LW means the entire state or person must be LW. I find your behavior to be outside the norm. Abnormal. :)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/abnormal
abnormal
: deviating from the normal or average

Probing is not "messing". I'm curious about the discrepancies in your views.

Text is a very poor form of communication. Only by asking questions and discussion (probing) can people better understand each other through text.

In your case, there was the discussion on Free Will versus Determinism, your son versus Determinism and, now, your persistence in claiming a comment that an action or law being LW means the entire state or person must be LW. I find your behavior to be outside the norm. Abnormal. :)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/abnormal
abnormal
: deviating from the normal or average

Maybe try probing the English language, word meanings, sentence structure, etc. It will alleviate much of your confusion in this discussion about whether a reference to Arizona is also a reference to a state. :laugh:

Maybe try probing the English language, word meanings, sentence structure, etc. It will alleviate much of your confusion in this discussion about whether a reference to Arizona is also a reference to a state. :laugh:

The fact you are now claiming I'm not "probing" in English is very interesting, Mode.

On a day to day basis, science plays almost no role in the cultivation of human knowledge and wisdom.
Science is obviously critical to grasping the mechanistic properties of natural phenomena.
But very few people understand or know particle physics, higher mathematics, quantum electrodynamics, and they don't really need it in the aquisition of human wisdom, knowledge, and veracity.

The problem with scientism is similar to the problem Ayne Rands philosophy of objectivism. It isn’t Objective.

Not coincidentally Scientism isn’t scientific as it attempts to explain phenomena that are outside the limitations of science so it is thus not scientific.

The problem with scientism is similar to the problem Ayne Rands philosophy of objectivism. It isn’t Objective.

Not coincidentally Scientism isn’t scientific as it attempts to explain phenomena that are outside the limitations of science so it is thus not scientific.

Agreed that human beings can't be completely objective. Like high morals, it's more of a goal than a reality. People who excel in such goals should be respected in their abilities. The problem is in choosing which goals we choose to admire. There's a big difference between "Largest Bank Account" and "Peabody Award".

Agreed scientism isn't scientific. It fails to see what it cannot measure.

Back