Scott McClellen's new book

Has anyone in here actually............

read his book?..I haven't as it just came out...yet everyone is going on super diatribes about how the GW administration is in so much trouble over this...you are basing your rants on msn sound bites...how much of the book is actual fact...how much speculation...how much drama and suspense...sounds more like a movie novel than a factual biography!

Ok, and what is said in that PBS show that differs from what I said about him?

John O'Neill's friend and companion

What was the attitude towards John O'Neill from headquarters?

... He was very controversial there. You've got to know that. He was very controversial at headquarters.

And he got that?

He got that, loud and clear.

Did he battle that?

Very much so.

Did he ever rant and rave about this? Did he fixate on this?

Yes.

What would he say?

John became very paranoid the last year, year and a half of his life. I would say to him, "John, I feel like you're paranoid." But you know what? He wasn't paranoid. They were out to get him. There were a handful of people in D.C. that were out to get John O'Neill.

But why? This guy knew so much. He was so good at what he did. Nobody says he did a lousy job. Why? Was it because of his demeanor?

O'Neill liked to do things his way. He was a little rough around the edges as far as politics. But I think it annoyed him when he knew the right way that something should be done and he couldn't get it done. Or he didn't care how he got it done.

And what we're talking about here is not a job.

We're talking about saving our country.

Tell me about after the decision for retirement.

Well, it was a very, very painful decision for John. John needed to make some money, too. Let's not forget that the FBI does not have the biggest entertainment budget in the world. One of John's greatest skills was liaison. He paid for a lot of that himself out of his own pocket. He needed to make some money. He had some debt to pay off.

John actually is not the happiest person in the world with this great new job. He wasn't excited about it. If John had his druthers, he would have stayed with the FBI. He [rather] would have still been assistant director in New York.

Tell me about The New York Times article and about the briefcase.

We knew before we got The New York Times that it was going to be in the paper. John was absolutely distraught over it. Number one, it was a ridiculous thing. He had to go to a retirement seminar. It is a mandatory seminar. You must go. It is in Florida. He went down for a few days, and then we were meeting for the weekend. So I flew down on a Friday afternoon. I was supposed to meet John.

We were meeting in Bal Harbor at the Marriott. John came in. I don't remember seeing John as distraught as he was this night. What has happened? He told me he left his briefcase in this room of 150 FBI agents and got a phone call. Couldn't hear on his cell phone, so he just walked outside to take his call.

Walked back in, his briefcase was gone. He was completely freaked. They found the briefcase within 20 minutes. There was nothing missing from the briefcase other than a Mont Blanc pen and a lighter. Anyhow, that story, interestingly enough, died for 18 months. John went to Yemen. All of that happened, and then, all of a sudden, this story was dragged up again.

And that was the final nail in John O'Neill's coffin that they were going to use to have him retire.

Last edited:

... He was very controversial there. You've got to know that. He was very controversial at headquarters.

And he got that?

Did he battle that?

Very much so.

Yes.

What would he say?

John became very paranoid the last year, year and a half of his life. I would say to him, "John, I feel like you're paranoid." But you know what? He wasn't paranoid. They were out to get him. There were a handful of people in D.C. that were out to get John O'Neill.

But why? This guy knew so much. He was so good at what he did. Nobody says he did a lousy job. Why? Was it because of his demeanor?

O'Neill liked to do things his way. He was a little rough around the edges as far as politics. But I think it annoyed him when he knew the right way that something should be done and he couldn't get it done. Or he didn't care how he got it done.

Well, it was a very, very painful decision for John. John needed to make some money, too. Let's not forget that the FBI does not have the biggest entertainment budget in the world. One of John's greatest skills was liaison. He paid for a lot of that himself out of his own pocket. He needed to make some money. He had some debt to pay off.

John actually is not the happiest person in the world with this great new job. He wasn't excited about it. If John had his druthers, he would have stayed with the FBI. He [rather] would have still been assistant director in New York.

We knew before we got The New York Times that it was going to be in the paper. John was absolutely distraught over it. Number one, it was a ridiculous thing. He had to go to a retirement seminar. It is a mandatory seminar. You must go. It is in Florida. He went down for a few days, and then we were meeting for the weekend. So I flew down on a Friday afternoon. I was supposed to meet John.

We were meeting in Bal Harbor at the Marriott. John came in. I don't remember seeing John as distraught as he was this night. What has happened? He told me he left his briefcase in this room of 150 FBI agents and got a phone call. Couldn't hear on his cell phone, so he just walked outside to take his call.

Walked back in, his briefcase was gone. He was completely freaked. They found the briefcase within 20 minutes. There was nothing missing from the briefcase other than a Mont Blanc pen and a lighter. Anyhow, that story, interestingly enough, died for 18 months. John went to Yemen. All of that happened, and then, all of a sudden, this story was dragged up again.

And that was the final nail in John O'Neill's coffin that they were going to use to have him retire.

Desh you can’t just repost stuff and expect Cawacko to follow it. You are going to have to do something better than that. He has a slight comprehension problem, well, unless you are writing about sexual positions.

Through years of experience, I suggest a bullet list.

And he got that?

Did he battle that?

Very much so.

Yes.

What would he say?

Ok, and? I'm aware of all this. I've read all this before. They are talking about O'Neil and his relationships within the FBI. What does it have to do with the Bush Administration is what I'm asking.

When did he die?

In september 2001

a year and a half before his death what was going on?

The election fo GWBush which included the fraud in Florida.

They were cleaning house to get him out because he knew too much about AQ. I wonder who it was who hired him for the WTT job?

Do you know?

Should you not.............

And he got that?

Did he battle that?

Very much so.

Yes.

What would he say?

be giving credit to the actual commentator of the above(lack of quotation marks)this smacks of copywright infringement...we know you did not write this desh...lack of spelling and grammar errors is a giveaway!:cof1:

When did he die?

In september 2001

a year and a half before his death what was going on?

The election fo GWBush which included the fraud in Florida.

They were cleaning house to get him out because he knew too much about AQ. I wonder who it was who hired him for the WTT job?

Do you know?

:lolup::rant::blah: = :foil:

I laugh..

when he was working for Bush, I'm sure he was despised..

Now that he supposedly turned on Bush...He's a HERO and his word is pure gold.
funny how that is.:rolleyes:
The problem is when he left the Whitehouse Bush has a photo op where he talked about how Scotty was going back home to help his mom run for governor, and what a great guy he was and how much he will be missed etc etc etc. So the problem ISN'T that the dems most assuredly despised him as he was the mouthpiece of "shading, misleading, cherry picking". The problem is Scotty boy left the Whitehouse on the BEST of terms, so coming out now and assassinating his character will look exactly like what it is. Pure politics with no connection to the truth. This president is going to change so much that instead of Tricky Dick, Nixon with now be known as Reliable Richard.

Hummm..........

The problem is when he left the Whitehouse Bush has a photo op where he talked about how Scotty was going back home to help his mom run for governor, and what a great guy he was and how much he will be missed etc etc etc. So the problem ISN'T that the dems most assuredly despised him as he was the mouthpiece of "shading, misleading, cherry picking". The problem is Scotty boy left the Whitehouse on the BEST of terms, so coming out now and assassinating his character will look exactly like what it is. Pure politics with no connection to the truth. This president is going to change so much that instead of Tricky Dick, Nixon with now be known as Reliable Richard.

However praising one leaving a appointed position is common practice on both sides of the aisle,regardless of how the administration actually felt about them!

Back