Should a new rule be proposed banning the use of racial slurs?

Should a new rule be proposed banning the use of racial slurs?

• Total voters
Already asked and answered, Yurt.

What are the chances you'll take a moment and read through the thread before requesting multiple repetitions of things that I have already stated?

Ha ha, you don't consider the terms racist, after arguing they are not,but I never said that... You're confused.

Keep rollin LT!

Remind me, Sister Holier-than-thou, did you condemn Bill Maher when he used that racial slur on HBO?

How about rappers who use it?[/QUOTE]

White people can't use it EVER!

That's the bottom line. No amount of false equivalencies will change that.

Where is your proof that Desh was repeating what another poster said in order to highlight their racism?

Just click back through the comments and it's clear the comment originated with CFM.

But you won't acknowledge the truth, you're going to continue to play your infantile games.

I beg to differ. I've never heard it applied to a person of color. If you have evidence that it has, post it.

Having said that, it certainly doesn't have the negative historical connotation that the word Desh, Bill Maher and hundreds of rappers have used.

You white people invented racial slurs against Blacks now you want to act like victims.

STFU with this dumb thread. People are already comparing crackka to nigga......as if.

Equally unsurprising is his spirited defense of Desh's use of the same racial slurs he condemns others for using.

Desh was clearly quoting CFM, but it's not surprising at all that two JPP posters who harbor the greatest hate for me continue to refuse to acknowledge the truth.

Racial slurs truly offer zero value to a discussion. But then what value do other insults add?

This board, as I understand, wants to be as free from moderation as possible. Banning some offensive words and not others is nanny state moderation, Imho.

And how does one identify a racial slur? LTroll doesn't think cracka or cracker is racist. And CFM doesn't think nigger is racist.

Ultimately someone has to decide.

And let's face it, if YoYo can't spew his petty insults, he won't have anything to contribute whatsoever.

^ Logical fallacy. Furthermore, this forum is full of people who are abusive to blacks because they mainly vote for Democrats, far more abusive than the opposite.

If you're excusing that dog whistle then this whole thread is bogus.

This entire thread is dumb.

Desh was clearly quoting CFM, but it's not surprising at all that two JPP posters who harbor the greatest hate for me continue to refuse to acknowledge the truth.

As I previously noted, Desh was repeating CFM's vile racist language, not "quoting" him.

Conservatives love to boast about how they are better than Liberals because they take personal responsibility for the things they do and say. Right up until they say something patently stupid like dropping a public "N" bomb...then they blame everyone but themselves.

Zappacrite is willing to exercise a double standard when the person posting racial slurs is a DEMOCRAT, apparently.

Yes, consensus is always the way to go.

Bow your heads kids, and put a thumbs up if you agree.....

The thread ban feature is not open to different interpretations. It is what it is. Whereas words are different and Damocles has made clear he wants this forum free as possible, except for legal issues with pedophile comments.

Get with the program LT. I've been told you apparently have a college degree now.... If true.....

Do you consider cracka or cracker to be racist comments?

A strictly-defined list of racial slurs isn't open to interpretation, either.

Those who don't think it's a good idea can vote NO.

Damocles may not want to impose a new rule.

I've said all that already, Yurt.

Ha ha, you don't consider the terms racist, after arguing they are not,but I never said that... You're confused.

Keep rollin LT!

You think saying that I don't personally consider the term racist means I am claiming that it isn't racist, Yurt?

BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...WHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Man there ain't NOTHING funnier than watching two crybaby trolls whining back and forth.

You said "Is that so? I don't rank them higher." I am taking that to mean that you think cracker, redneck and the n-word all have the same degree of offensiveness.

White people in the US were never subjected to systemic and institutionalized oppression based solely on race.

I told you false comparisons would be thrown around like a rag doll.

They want to ban someone for calling them a racist or a craka....that's all this thread is about.

You white people invented racial slurs against Blacks now you want to act like victims.

Who told you what color my skin is? I don't recall "acting like a victim", and I certainly didn't "invent racial slurs against Blacks."

STFU with this dumb thread.

No.

People are already comparing crackka to nigga......as if.

You have a firm grasp of the obvious, don't you?

Fair enough. But what do you do with posters like Legion who says he does not consider cracka to be a racial slur and CFM who doesn't consider nigger to be a racial slur?

Who makes the decision?

It really doesn't matter what they think. What does matter is what the site owner wants. It's his game and his rules so if he wants to ban certain words or phrases so be it.

As I previously noted, Desh was repeating CFM's vile racist language, not "quoting" him.

Zappacrite is willing to exercise a double standard when the person posting racial slurs is a DEMOCRAT, apparently.

Whatever.

It's clear to anyone with an ounce of honesty that desh was QUOTING what CFM had said earlier.

All anyone has to do is clack back through the thread and it becomes obvious.

Your pig-headed refusal to admit the truth speaks volumes about you and your double standard.

It really doesn't matter what they think. What does matter is what the site owner wants. It's his game and his rules so if he wants to ban certain words or phrases so be it.

Exactly. As a cursory reading of the current rules shows, he already bans certain words or phrases.

Back