Should a new rule be proposed banning the use of racial slurs?

Should a new rule be proposed banning the use of racial slurs?

• Total voters
And who is the almighty decision maker that formulates this list? What if the list maker decides that certain words aren't racist? Who holds the list maker responsible?

This would be the third time I've addressed those issues in this thread. Please review what I suggested above the last time you raised the issue.

Doesn't that depend on the reason one person has used it and what the one it's directed to thinks it meant. You're trying to regulate free speech, just to avoid offending someone. No one has the right to NOT BE offended. And yes, I find the accusation to be very racist and based only on racism of the accuser.

You're entitled to your opinion and your vote.

This would be the third time I've addressed those issues in this thread. Please review what I suggested above the last time you raised the issue.

OH, you've addressed it alright; but your conclusions have been very vague and uncommitted.

Start being very specific and it resolves the questions being asked.

OH, you've addressed it alright; but your conclusions have been very vague and uncommitted. Start being very specific and it resolves the questions being asked.

I've said all I can at this point. Nothing at all may come of it. I don't use racial slurs myself, as far as I know, so my personal stake is non-existent.

I've said all I can at this point. Nothing at all may come of it. I don't use racial slurs myself, as far as I know, so my personal stake is non-existent.

But you and I appear to be the only one's discussing it and you are the one who stated the thread.

Some might not agree with that assessment.

Are you even aware of the entire circumstances surrounding the "thread ban" feature.

JPP liberals pushed for it and vetted it as being necessary, of great importance, and how it would end up being an asset to JPP.

Then after it was implemented, would you like to guess which political group then did the most complaining??

Are you even aware of the entire circumstances surrounding the "thread ban" feature.

JPP liberals pushed for it and vetted it as being necessary, of great importance, and how it would end up being an asset to JPP.

Then after it was implemented, would you like to guess which political group then did the most complaining??

I'm aware. There were two votes because they decided they didn't like the outcome of the first vote later on, as I recall.

I wasn't surprised that some of the liberals who wanted threadbans (and even voted for it) are now the ones who complain about it the most, despite using it themselves.

What do you expect from liberals?

I'm aware. There were two votes because they decided they didn't like the outcome of the first vote later on, as I recall.

I wasn't surprised that some of the liberals who wanted threadbans (and even voted for it) are now the ones who complain about it the most, despite using it themselves.

What do you expect from liberals?

The same behavior that would occur if some kind of "racial comment ban" might be instituted.

I voted no because I find that continued use of racial slurs deems them less meaningful.
Besides I get my point across better when speaking of Polacks .

It's possible that liberals will cry about it regardless.

AB-SO-FUCKING-LUTELY

I can foresee it now.

JPP liberal - What do you mean I posted a racial slur.
MOD - You voted for the new rule and you violated it.
JPP liberal - But what I said was towards a white poster and I can't be racist against whitey.
MOD - It's not about WHO; but instead it's regarding WHAT you said.
JPP liberal - This is fucking unfair and I'm going to start 20 or 30 threads complaining about this.
MOD - :palm:

AB-SO-FUCKING-LUTELY

I can foresee it now.

JPP liberal - What do you mean I posted a racial slur.
MOD - You voted for the new rule and you violated it.
JPP liberal - But what I said was towards a white poster and I can't be racist against whitey.
MOD - It's not about WHO; but instead it's regarding WHAT you said.
JPP liberal - This is fucking unfair and I'm going to start 20 or 30 threads complaining about this.
MOD - :palm:

If said liberal is banned for a week (1st offense), how will they start 20 or 30 threads? :D

Back