Texas has declared war on the United States. Other Governors are joining

You want a fix? Enforce the law! Deport every damn illegal and their families under the current laws. That would be a start.

You have zero idea what "the law" says, do you? *le sigh*

"I love the poorly-educated"! -- former #IMPOTUSx2 DJT

We all know you won't do a thing, pussy. As far as those 8 million veterans go, please let us know when they "obliterate" tanks and fighter jets.

Easy.
Just take over or disable the airfield they are based at. You don't even need 8 million people to do it. You'll also find that either of these weapons are pretty useless against 8 million people.

Tell me, Vinny....

Do you have a tattoo on your forehead that reads,

"I am one stupid bitch,"

so that those who haven't shared discourse with you

won't have to learn the hard way?

We have plenty of JPP posters slithering around
like so many Putin dick holsters
but no sane person would accuse me of being one of them.

At one point or another, evince has called every person on this board a Putin cocksucker. She is actually insane.

Hello Doc Dutch,

Technically true but misrepresents the fact that most violence and hatred comes from the right.

The summers when Trump was in office were pretty violent. Overall, I agree the Trumpers are more violent because they tend to use guns instead of bottles and arson, but I haven't seen any data on apples to apples comparisons. Certainly more deaths are attributed to the white supremacists.

I AM A PSYCHO
I CAN'T CONTROL MY OWN MIND
PLEASE COME LOCK ME UP
Go fight with your fellow psycho, Perry, dumbass.

8ax8fk.gif

Biden Doesn’t Have Any Legal Authority to Seize Control of Texas National Guard

State governors, however, like Abbott, remain the commanders in chief of their state National Guard units, such as the Texas National Guard, unless they have consented to the president’s call for those units to be in active federal service.

The only exception to the consent requirement is contained in subsection (f) and it only applies if National Guard units are needed for active duty for overseas service—such as when we were in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Thus, under this statute, without the consent of Abbott, Biden has no power to simply seize control of the Texas National Guard as he is being urged to do and order them to stand down, since we are not in a war and the Guard is not needed for service abroad.

Biden could go to the extreme by trying to use the Insurrection Act of 1807 to take over the Texas National Guard. The Insurrection Act authorizes the president to federalize the National Guard under certain narrow and exceptional circumstances. The last time it was invoked was by President George W. Bush to help quell the deadly widespread riots in 1992 in Los Angeles after the arrest and beating of Rodney King, when state authorities were unable to cope with the violence and mayhem.

Under 10 U.S.C. § 252, the president can “call into Federal service the militia of any State” when “unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any state by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings.”

Clearly, there is no insurrection going on in Texas as defined in that law.

Nor is Texas violating any court order issued in “the ordinary court of judicial proceedings.” The state has been placing barbed-wire fencing on state-owned and private property, and no court has ordered Texas to remove or cease installing that fencing.

The only thing that has happened is that the U.S. Supreme Court vacated—while the case between Texas and the federal government is on appeal—an injunction that prevented the feds from removing the fencing. But nothing prevents Texas from continuing to put in more fencing, even after it has been removed.

Biden would also be hard-pressed to legitimately use another part of the Insurrection Act, 10 U.S.C. § 253, which allows a president to use a state militia (the National Guard) if an insurrection or domestic violence “hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2024/01/27/biden-has-no-legal-authority-seize-texas-national-guard/

Yes he does. He can federalize the National Guard troops just like we had to do in the southern states on the 60's when the southern racist fucks tried to halt integration.

Back