Texas urges residents to cut power usage as prices surge

Isn't that odd? My area is putting in huge 10+ acre solar farms everywhere. I get a 10% savings on my electric bill because my power is coming from the grid that is fed in part by solar.

No. You get a 10% savings because of subsidies. Solar farms are the most expensive method of producing electricity there is.

Nope. You are a liar who cannot tell the truth. Gas failed miserably last winter. And now with soaring temps, Texas would be fucked without wind/solar.

Big Freeze 2023: Can Solar Save Texas’ Fragile Power Grid?

Solar, wind energy keeping Texas power grids running amid weekslong heat wave

Texas has very little solar power panels. Most of Texas power comes from natural gas. Wind generators are a significant portion, but wind turbines cannot operate in icing conditions.

You are describing yourself again, Sock.
YALSA
4ddlj6.jpg

Wrong. Solar and wind, per your article supplied about 25% (mostly wind) of the Texas grid usage. That could have been imported from elsewhere if it had to be. So, the article is really lying. Solar and wind made local production easier, but that's it. And, it could just as easily, depending on conditions, have been a near zero contributor.

Solar made essentially zero contribution, since Texas has almost no solar power plants.
Wind generators produced nothing. They cannot operate in icing conditions.

Pretty much ALL the power in Texas during the Big Freeze came from natural gas and coal.

Stop lying for once in your life. Without Fed funding via loan guarantees there would be no nuke plants.
Blatant lie. I have already given you the link showing otherwise.
Say nothing of all of the research that developed our nuke industry.
That came from private funding as well. In Idaho.
The govt. loves nukes because the waste makes great bombs.
Nuclear waste cannot make a bomb. Not even newly made nuclear fuel can make a bomb. Even if you had weapons grade material, it's still not a bomb, though you can use that to make one.

Really? What do you think they do with spent uranium? Hint...we dumped thousands of them in Iraq.

Spent nuclear fuel is kept in ponds on site for a period of time. They are then moved to nuclear waste dumps. They are not capable of making a bomb.
NO nuclear weapon was used on Iraq.

Back