The difference between philosophy and religion.

I am going with the highly regarded Encyclopedia Britannica that there is overlap in the types of metaphysical questions philosophers and religious scholars explore, over the claims of someone who's only knowledge of religion is Sunday School for kiddies.

You are a pathological liar.

The usual trolls tried to derail my thread.

In philosophy, one states what one thinks is true. Then gives reasons for it.
It is somewhat like science in being a critical method.

Yes, because you are a pussy. Get lost, coward.
There is nothing cowardly about her.

Why don't you put up a public poll where longstanding posters can vote on who comports themselves with more integrity and forthrightness on this board --> you or me.

Jack wouldn't take me up on that challenge.

There is nothing cowardly about her.

Why don't you put up a public poll where longstanding posters can vote who comports themselves with more integrity and forthrightness on this board --> you or me.

Jack wouldn't take me up on that challenge.

Philosophy is a bit like stating one's opinion. The difference is, you must give reasons for holding your opinion. That is how knowledge is advanced.

Philosophy is a bit like stating one's opinion. The difference is, you must give reasons for holding your opinion. That is how knowledge is advanced.

What counts as evidence? Unlike science, there are no physical things to talk about to ground an investigation. So part of the philosophical argument is to state what counts as evidence.

Unlike religion, a philosopher will not tell you to have faith, pray, or seek guidance.

It's funny how you and your boyfriend Jack relentlessly troll me, but then when I respond in kind and reverse troll you, you both start crying like little girls.

I never said anything to you in bad faith, which is what trolling is.

hahahahaha ... Yeah. Ever heard the Saying: 'Fool me Once, shame on You. Fool me Twice, shame on Me'.
I was taken in 3, maybe four (possibly 5) times with Cypress and his 'Threads about Scholars'. It seemed interesting and would encourage a lively debate/discussion/argument.
Then, instead of a fun, interesting conversation, it turned into a 'Watch Cypress lie, dodge, twist and twirl Performance'.
At first I thought I was just not expressing myself adequately. Then I noticed a pattern of evasion from Cypress. Then, he would outright lie!
So, I finally realized (sadly) that Cypress was an Intellectual Fraud. He lacked the Basic Integrity to discuss a Topic that infers an 'honesty' as an accepted criteria to begin with.

After about 5 (6?) times, I had to put Cypress on Ignore just so I wouldn't fall into the same trap again and again. :(

Back