The difference between philosophy and religion.

Just read this.

"In recent years, people have confused beliefs with truths. From this confusion have come ideologies and dogmas—the characteristic of a dogma being that it’s proposed as an absolute truth and cannot be disputed, and if you try disputing it, you’ll be burned as a heretic."

https://www.theatlantic.com/books/archive/2022/04/margaret-atwood-hitchens-prize-speech/629443/

So there's no absolutely truth?
No absolute truth?
This is like the gender shell game!

No idea what gender has to do with this.

Ok,my point is in today's PC world from there POV,you're not male or female!
You're whatever you identify as!
So lets say I decide to identify as a woman, than I can go to the ladies room,pull my dick out and piss in the lady's toilet.Because I identify as a woman!
BUT the reality is I'm a guy,and bullshitting myself that I am a woman because the gender I identify as female,isn't reality it's bullshit!
But that's the world we live in.
So would any of the famous Philosophers go along with Gender identification?

Ok,my point is in today's PC world from there POV,you're not male or female!
You're whatever you identify as!
So lets say I decide to identify as a woman, than I can go to the ladies room,pull my dick out and piss in the lady's toilet.Because I identify as a woman!
BUT the reality is I'm a guy,and bullshitting myself that I am a woman because the gender I identify as female,isn't reality it's bullshit!
But that's the world we live in.
So would any of the famous Philosophers go along with Gender identification?

What does that have to do with absolutes?

Take two sentences.

"There are four chairs and one table."

"It is an absolute truth that there are four chairs and one table."

They both mean the same thing. Adding "absolute" does not change the meaning.

I am going with the highly regarded Encyclopedia Britannica that there is overlap in the types of metaphysical questions philosophers and religious scholars explore, over the claims of someone who's only knowledge of religion is Sunday School for kiddies.

This thread had a couple of morons who thought any claim of some convergence between philosophy and religious thought was the stupidest thing they had ever heard of.

But even Harvard University recognizes such a convergence-->

Harvard University: Religious Thought (Theology and Philosophy)

"The field of religious thought addresses theological and philosophical reflection in religious texts and contexts. Modes of analysis include intellectual history, critical engagement, and comparative work. The faculty at Harvard has particular strength in Christian thought but can also support theological or philosophical doctoral projects in other religious traditions, including Buddhist, Hindu, and Islamic thought."

https://studyofreligion.fas.harvard.edu/pages/religious-thought

Moral of the story:

On the one hand, you have the opinion of Cypress, Harvard University, and Encyclopedia Britannica

On the opposite point of view you have a couple of internet morons.

This thread had a couple of morons who thought any claim of some convergence between philosophy and religious thought was the stupidest thing they had ever heard of.

But even Harvard University recognizes such a convergence-->

Moral of the story:

On the one hand, you have the opinion of Cypress, Harvard University, and Encyclopedia Britannica

On the opposite point of view you have a couple of internet morons.

Stop slapping yourself on the back!
I know my post last night went over your head.

Of course if they are legit!
But I generally think for myself!
Not all experts are experts,some just get good press!
Me too. I read and consider a lot of expert opinion from a range of perspectives and filter it though my own thought process and personal experience.

Back