The difference between philosophy and religion.

Saint Peter is in the Bible, yes. Peter, the disciple that Jesus called, "The Rock on which I build my church." was the first Pope. Are there are no Catholics on this site to talk about their sect of Christianity?

I don't think the story of Peter going to Rome and becoming bishop is in the Bible. I think that tradition is in the apocryphal Christian writings.

Saint Peter is in the Bible, yes. Peter, the disciple that Jesus called, "The Rock on which I build my church." was the first Pope. Are there are no Catholics on this site to talk about their sect of Christianity?

That's before it happened!
No where in the Bible do we have a situation of WHEN Peter was Pope.

That's before it happened!
No where in the Bible do we have a situation of WHEN Peter was Pope.

Yet the first pope is in the bible. Amazing. Moving the goalposts notwithstanding, the foundation of the principle that the Catholic Church used to create the Pope was established with that very sentence along with a few others by Jesus... Like: As it is in Heaven so it is on Earth... Things like that is what they interpret to mean that their Church is the only valid one as their church is "as it is in Heaven"... Peter was the foundation on which the church was built... etc.

Yet the first pope is in the bible. Amazing. Moving the goalposts notwithstanding, the foundation of the principle that the Catholic Church used to create the Pope was established with that very sentence along with a few others by Jesus... Like: As it is in Heaven so it is on Earth... Things like that is what they interpret to mean that their Church is the only valid one as their church is "as it is in Heaven"... Peter was the foundation on which the church was built... etc.

But Peter wasn't Pope yet,anywhere in the Bible,just that he would become Pope

But Peter wasn't Pope yet,anywhere in the Bible,just that he would become Pope

Only Protestants deny that anything outside the bible can be authoritative religiously. That is a minority opinion in world Christianity.

The apocryphal Christian literature records that Peter went to Italy and became Bishop of Rome. This is taken to be authoritative in the Catholic tradition.

Only Protestants deny that anything outside the bible can be authoritative religiously. That is a minority opinion in world Christianity.

The apocryphal Christian literature records that Peter went to Italy and became Bishop of Rome. This is taken to be authoritative in the Catholic tradition.

The true definition of the Church is all believers filled with the Holy Spirit.
Denominations is an example of man messing up Gods message, with their misinterpretation.

This thread had a couple of morons who thought any claim of some convergence between philosophy and religious thought was the stupidest thing they had ever heard of.

But even Harvard University recognizes such a convergence-->

Moral of the story:

On the one hand, you have the opinion of Cypress, Harvard University, and Encyclopedia Britannica

On the opposite point of view you have a couple of internet morons.

You are a pathological liar.

Back