The Ethics of Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy philosophy and philosophical questions, but sometimes philosophers can get themselves twisted into knots by overthinking things. This, to me, seems to be one of them.

What the essay does do, indirectly, is reinforce the case for why it's immoral to end someone else's life, outside of some imaginary being telling us it's immoral.

You rarely have anything interesting to say about philosophy.

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die—to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to: 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd.

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/56965/speech-to-be-or-not-to-be-that-is-the-question

Don't you have anything more important to do in your life than to be a troll on a politics forum?

I am on a debate site pointing out what a lying sack of shit you are

why do you continually lie and say people are getting on your ignore list? do you not care that your name is a joke around here? obviously not, but then why do you post when nobody respects what you say and know you are a liar? seems like a waste of time

Nope. Japan is 60% higher than the global average, with an excess of 18,000 child suicides between 1972 and 2013.

In the US, Sybil. Get a fucking clue and keep up with the conversation. Besides you, who gives a fuck what the suicide rate is in other countries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back