The Palin Chronicles

This is also from the Newsweek piece:

At the GOP convention in St. Paul, Palin was completely unfazed by the boys' club fraternity she had just joined. One night, Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter went to her hotel room to brief her. After a minute, Palin sailed into the room wearing nothing but a towel, with another on her wet hair. She told them to chat with her laconic husband, Todd. "I'll be just a minute," she said.

I do not know what to say about this, if it's really true. It seems stunning.

It does go a long way to proving my earlier theory that hard dicks actually ran the R party into the ground this year. And very nearly, our country.

Think about that guys. How does that make you feel?

I thought that during his concession speech last night, McCain was at best dismissive of Palin, and in his remarks all but banished her back to Alaska. She, too, appeared somewhat flummoxed and seemed to realize that it really is over for her.

Did anyone see the clip from McCain's appearance on SNL on Saturday? They really ripped Palin, and I doubt they'd have gone that far without his complicity, even if it was tacit.

I thought that during his concession speech last night, McCain was at best dismissive of Palin, and in his remarks all but banished her back to Alaska. She, too, appeared somewhat flummoxed and seemed to realize that it really is over for her.

Did anyone see the clip from McCain's appearance on SNL on Saturday? They really ripped Palin, and I doubt they'd have gone that far without his complicity, even if it was tacit.

I agree.

I just watched Andrea Mitchell repeating the towell story to conservative columunist Kathleen Parker. Parker said "wow. I guess she really did need those clothes"

Now that's funny.

At the GOP convention in St. Paul, Palin was completely unfazed by the boys' club fraternity she had just joined. One night, Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter went to her hotel room to brief her. After a minute, Palin sailed into the room wearing nothing but a towel, with another on her wet hair. She told them to chat with her laconic husband, Todd. "I'll be just a minute," she said.

It does go a long way to proving my earlier theory that hard dicks actually ran the R party into the ground this year. And very nearly, our country.

Are you some kind of prude?

I just watched Andrea Mitchell repeating the towell story to conservative columunist Kathleen Parker. Parker said "wow. I guess she really did need those clothes"

Now that's funny.

Why'd you take out the "Wasilla hillbilly" line from the article?

An angry aide characterized the shopping spree as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast," and said the truth will eventually come out when the Republican Party audits its books.

I think Palin's 15 minutes are up and she will disappear from the national scene.

Oh there will be some remaining talk shows and the like, but she will end up as just a footnote in the history books.

Sometimes things work out as they should.

Maybe she can get work as a tour guide in the Creationist Museum.

You don't think that maybe Stevens will wind up stepping down and they will put Palin in his slot as senator ?

Otherwise I expect her to try for a talking head spot on Fox or something.

I dont really even see why this story is remarkable. They were in her hotel room.

I think if a couple of female staffers were in Bush's hotel room and he came out in nothing but a towel, it would be talked about as well.

I think its about decorum. Although why the staffers told anyone is beyond me.

Back