THE QUESTION OF WHETHER ANY GODS EXIST...

Nope. Not in any way.

Consider this question:

FACT: There is no evidence of the existence of any sentient life on any of the planets circling the nearest 10 stars to Sol.

Is that "a logical argument" that no sentient life exists on any of those planets...

...or is it "a logical argument" that we do not know if any sentient life exists on any of those planets?

It's simply an acknowledgment that we don't know anything about any of those planets. Quite a bit different from an omnipotent and omnipresent god who supposedly intervenes in human affairs.

sorry, can you be specific of this thing you claim I refuse to believe that the Bible says?......because from here it looks like you have no idea what you are talking about.....

The passage was John 3:16..."For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." which you insisted did not mean what it says. I see that so often from believers, who insist that the Bible has to mean what they want it to mean, instead of what it actually says.

Some do, yes.

Back in those days, the Senate voted for the divinity of Julius Caesar. It seems a bit silly to be arguing about such stuff as if we lived back then. Real discussion: Julius Caesar was a mass murderer and war criminal, Jesus of Nazareth a model of how to behave. If we spent more time on that sort of question we might perhaps get somewhere.

It's simply an acknowledgment that we don't know anything about any of those planets. Quite a bit different from an omnipotent and omnipresent god who supposedly intervenes in human affairs.

You are supposing gods have to be "omnipotent" "omnipresent" and "intervening."

No need to make those assumptions.

If you are saying you can show that NO GODS EXIST...or IT IS MORE LIKELY THAT NO GODS EXIST THAN AT LEAST ONE CAN...

...using logic, reason, science, or math...do so.

I will give it consideration...and I promise you, if I find it compelling, I will acknowledge you have done it.

Back in those days, the Senate voted for the divinity of Julius Caesar. It seems a bit silly to be arguing about such stuff as if we lived back then. Real discussion: Julius Caesar was a mass murderer and war criminal, Jesus of Nazareth a model of how to behave. If we spent more time on that sort of question we might perhaps get somewhere.

Excellent point...although peripheral to the discussion.

I must agree that Jesus had incredible ideas of how to behave and conduct one's self. Outside of the "love GOD" bit...I feel his advise is outstanding. I only wish more Christians felt that way.

Back