THE QUESTION OF WHETHER ANY GODS EXIST...

The passage was John 3:16..."For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." which you insisted did not mean what it says. I see that so often from believers, who insist that the Bible has to mean what they want it to mean, instead of what it actually says.

really?.....I don't recall saying that......are you referring to the fact I pointed out that the Son was actually God himself incarnate?......because I have heard it said that some refuse to believe what the Bible actually said regarding that.......

The proof is simply the complete and total lack of any proof in support of religious faith.

that logical fallacy actually has a name.....its called the argument from ignorance....."a proposition is false because it has not yet been proven true".....just thought I would help you by pointing out that people have known your argument to be wrong for thousands of years.......you even have your own wiki page.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

27geah.jpg

That's OK Francis, you go right on believing that.

Here’s how I view you.

tenor.gif

Now show everyone how your OCD makes you reply, first thing in the morning. :D

You seem to be determined to demonstrate that you're an idiot with absolutely nothing to contribute. So, I think I'll follow OW's example and toss you on the garbage heap of my ignore list.

And you seem to be determined to be an idiot, who is unable to present "information" and instead just likes to see their words in print.

mahatmagandhi1.jpg

it is not limited to two things.......obviously the third might be the one explained in scripture.......that he seeks those that choose him by faith and not by proof.......

again is this merely a "reality" of your imagination?.....

Those who seem to require that God reveal himself, before they can believe in Him, reminds me of the following story:

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.
Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."
The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."
So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."
To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."
To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"
To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

The passage was John 3:16..."For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." which you insisted did not mean what it says. I see that so often from believers, who insist that the Bible has to mean what they want it to mean, instead of what it actually says.

Can you quote where PMP said that it did not mean what it said?

Here’s how I view you.

https://media.tenor.com/images/d9fc1ababa7ee13704dce7ad64baf522/tenor.gif[IMG]

Now show everyone how your OCD makes you reply, first thing in the morning. :D[/QUOTE]

My name is not Francis...I do not do "believing."

You are my pet, US. Here is how I think of you:

[IMG]https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/66999206/please-pet-me-im-begging-you.jpg

Here’s how I view you.

Now show everyone how your OCD makes you reply, first thing in the morning. :D[/QUOTE]

[IMG]https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/66999206/please-pet-me-im-begging-you.jpg

Here’s how I view you.

Those who seem to require that God reveal himself, before they can believe in Him, reminds me of the following story:

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.
Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."
The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."
So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."
To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."
To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"
To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

Cute story.

This disease, this way of looking at all life, and the planet, … this perceptual reality, rolled out over the tribes of Europe first. We are all the decedents of tribes and a spiritual perceptual reality of the universe and the creator. That memory has been wiped out of white consciousness pretty much, their enslavement having happened long before the disease rolled out across the rest of the planet via colonialism and proselytizing.

That perceptual reality was replaced with a male dominator god perceptual reality which gave rise to the notion that this male dominator god gave mankind, only the “chosen ones” mind you, dominion over the natural world, the planet, anything they “discovered”, and any other human beings they could manage to whip into consent. So you bring that into a technological perceptual reality era where we are now, and we’ve all been enslaved to/by an economic system that has no other purpose than to continue the colonialization of all human beings, further redistributing and concentrating wealth into the pockets of fewer and fewer, much of that wealth coming from the natural world that was in place long before the humans who manipulate it into their own hands. In the same manner the system mines uranium or coal or gold, it also mines the energy, spirit, and soul of the human being to run these authoritarian systems that enslave us all. In essence, they mine the being part of the human being. Think about your own experiences in the corporate world if you have them.

And so all of this racism, classism, sexism, religion, et.al. arises from the system’s need to keep the masses quibbling amongst themselves. The same applies to the american political system; it is designed to prevent any gathering of the masses against the aristocracy. It’s an illusion, this democracy and liberty. You have ostensibly “two” political parties who very comfortably don’t really have to do anything at all except point at the “other” party and with your consent present them as evil and scary; disconnected from what? Well, they’re not “real” americans like you and they don’t bow as deeply to the male dominator god as you do. Again, go back and look at Bacon’s Rebellion and the aftermath. The power structure learned that lesson very well. The system also learned very well from the 60-70s / the Viet Nam War / Civil Rights era, the last large scale questioning of our authoritarian system. The beast is bigger and stronger now.

It’s useful for all of us to go back and study our tribal ancestry, go dig into how they got “civilized”, invariably, it was anything but civil, that’s the great lie, it was very brutal stuff, they had to be brutalized into “accepting” the proper perceptual reality, and thus consent. And so now that the colonialism has become globalism, the power structure no longer has any national affiliations at all. That’s for YOU to hold onto, again, because it will feed into the unsubstantial people’s fighting amongst themselves so the system doesn’t have to, and so that the unsubstantial people will line up to go to war and die in endless wars over resources and turf someone else sits on that the system covets. It’s really no different than the manner in which any street gang goes after turf.

We have been with our own consent and participation indoctrinated into submission, consent, and acceptance of this authoritarian system that runs on our energy and labor just as surely as we’ve all been indoctrinated into hating and distrusting the only possible allies we have in this authoritarian system.

The hour is late, the vote is meaningless, police departments have been militarized, and we’re all on the menu. All humanity needs to do is simply align across imaginary indoctrinated lines and withdraw consent. That’s where the power is, they have no power, all they have is authority, and they realize that is only an illusion too. That’s why they need force to hold it all together.

Back