The Right Wing and Women

I am totally confused as to what you are trying to say. Hence the question marks.

WHAT do you think her being a "different shade" of black has to do with people voting for her. WHY would it matter?

Apparently I am missing why different "shades" makes a difference.

I dont know why, it just does to some people, Ive seen it plenty.

Damn SF do you even know any black people.

And Cypress lets you and I hope the cons do spend to much time saying Obama's wife is too ambitious. OMG get the Navy.
I don't doubt you I just hope your right. Their candidate sucks balls and their strategy is pulled out of a bag as old as Mcain.

Yes idiot. But I have never had a conversation with them regarding skin pigmentation or the perceived differences that some on this thread are alluding to.

ok.... still confused. Not trying to be a pain here, I really do not understand.

What do you mean it validates him?

He's saying that within the black community Obama has gained more "props" or respect if you will for having married a darker skin woman.

Yes idiot. But I have never had a conversation with them regarding skin pigmentation or the perceived differences that some on this thread are alluding to.

So what you are saying is that you only talk to black people about certian topics?

Damn SF do you even know any black people.

And Cypress lets you and I hope the cons do spend to much time saying Obama's wife is too ambitious. OMG get the Navy.
I don't doubt you I just hope your right. Their candidate sucks balls and their strategy is pulled out of a bag as old as Mcain.

That made me laugh. Get the Navy! lol

ok.... still confused. Not trying to be a pain here, I really do not understand.

What do you mean it validates him?

No problem brother.

Perhaps I should have been more explicit.

Some within the black community questioned Obama's perspective on being black. Was he another Tiger Woods .. who hasn't the slightest smidgen of black perspective. This is important because blacks will not support you just because your skin is black. You've gotta bring some perspective to the table.

Does Obama understand the issues important to the black community and is he committed to addressing those issues. We aren't looking for him to be the president of black people, but only to have a sense of understanding we can believe in.

Obama wants Michelle

Tiger Woods wants Hannah Montana

Michelle validates Obama as having a perspective that we can believe in.

Tiger is great on the greens, but I'm betting he has no sense of the black community.

Cawacko, I think you'd be better off going and hanging out on one of those threads were Watermark and beefy discuss the latest photos of some teenage actress, and comment on her tits and ass. :)

The riech wing is not going to portray Michelle Obama as a glamorous and beautiful first lady.

So now it is rich Republicans going after Obama's wife? Whatever. She's an attractive woman.

I think you need to defer to blackascoal as the expert on what the black community thinks. He says Obama gets street cred for being married to a dark sister. Who are we to dispute, that's what I would have thought to. But I wasn't raised in lilly white Colorado.

From my experience skin tone within the black community isn't much of an issue unless someone is referring to it jokingly. Even those jokes stop right there for the most part (again, this is my experience). What I do see more of is an emergence of class discrimination within the black community. Green is the new "light-skin"

Cut him some slack... I think his sleep cycle being disrupted has caused him to lose his sense of rational thought. He'll be back to normal in a few months.

I am just doing to you what you have done to me so much lately.

You rephrase something I say, change the meaning to something rediculous, then claim I said it.

Speaking of presidential wives, I have a feeling McCain's wife is on some serious anti-depressants. She looks so contrived and phony to me.

No problem brother.

Perhaps I should have been more explicit.

Some within the black community questioned Obama's perspective on being black. Was he another Tiger Woods .. who hasn't the slightest smidgen of black perspective. This is important because blacks will not support you just because your skin is black. You've gotta bring some perspective to the table.

Does Obama understand the issues important to the black community and is he committed to addressing those issues. We aren't looking for him to be the president of black people, but only to have a sense of understanding we can believe in.

Obama wants Michelle

Tiger Woods wants Hannah Montana

Michelle validates Obama as having a perspective that we can believe in.

Tiger is great on the greens, but I'm betting he has no sense of the black community.

Ok... I can certainly understand the "married a white woman" vs. "Married a black woman".

I just didn't realize that it went further in terms of how dark the skin was.

Side note: I think Tigers wife is named Elin not Hannah. :)

From my experience skin tone within the black community isn't much of an issue unless someone is referring to it jokingly. Even those jokes stop right there for the most part (again, this is my experience). What I do see more of is an emergence of class discrimination within the black community. Green is the new "light-skin"

True

Bottom line .. we're all in the same boat.

Back