The Spouses

Desh, let's address your last paragraph.

You say you think that for some money trumps all, but for you the kids trumped all.

You are making a judgement right there. And you don't even realize it.

You just gave away that deep down, you see working moms as caring less about their kids than you do about yours, and more about money than you do.

That is absolutely false.

It can be honorable to stay home and it can be honorable to go to work. In my family we both work. We have a GREAT nanny who stays with our son from 9:30 am to 5:30 P.M. three days a week and from about 7:30am till 530pm two days a week. She spends two or three nights a week at our house, but does not care for our son when we are home. My son is happy, well adjusted and he speaks Spanish as well as he speaks English.

Top, super, Dixie, Grind, SR and hell I cant remember who all.
Top is a lefty, insults and economic posts notwithstanding. I'd like to see you pull up one from Dix. I haven't seen Grind insult you on this board for staying at home. Seriously. I don't remember them doing this. SR was a member, but only to insult the board for a bit. SF, insults you, but not for staying home.

I think you are transferring all insults here. I think most of them have insulted you, but I don't think they have insulted you for your choice to stay home.

Desh, let's address your last paragraph.

You say you think that for some money trumps all, but for you the kids trumped all.

You are making a judgement right there. And you don't even realize it.

You just gave away that deep down, you see working moms as caring less about their kids than you do about yours, and more about money than you do.

That is absolutely false.

For some its true Darla but not for all.

I have at least on family in my hood that the Mom has already dumped two of the kids out of the house because she just could not deal with them. Her husband makes a shitload and she doesnt make all that much but shkeeps working even though if she stopped working and paid attention to the kids they would not be elsewhere right now.

It can be honorable to stay home and it can be honorable to go to work. In my family we both work. We have a GREAT nanny who stays with our son from 9:30 am to 5:30 P.M. three days a week and from about 7:30am till 530pm two days a week. She spends two or three nights a week at our house, but does not care for our son when we are home. My son is happy, well adjusted and he speaks Spanish as well as he speaks English.

I agree that they are both fine choices, would like to point out again that having the choice at all is a high-falutin problem, and would only like to see that young girls are taught the value of education along side the value of mother hood, so that they can have a choice at all when the time comes...and then afterwards as well.

Life takes some strange twists and turns. Prepare yourself.

For some its true Darla but not for all.

I have at least on family in my hood that the Mom has already dumped two of the kids out of the house because she just could not deal with them. Her husband makes a shitload and she doesnt make all that much but shkeeps working even though if she stopped working and paid attention to the kids they would not be elsewhere right now.

That sounds less like a money problem and more like a woman who never should have had children.

If society did not place motherhood on a pedestal, maybe she wouldn't have had them.

Maybe some working mothers work out of greed, but then, some women don't work becauase they're lazy and like to lay around all day.

The stereotype cuts both ways. I reject it on all counts, and assume the best intentions all around.

I have nothing against it when Its dome right.

I have family who has and are doing and doing it right.

My sister and her husband both work and have done it in such a way that she is often home with the kids and when they are not with them they are with their Grandma. The kids are the happiest kids you could ask for and feel More loved by the way they do it.

I agree that they are both fine choices, would like to point out again that having the choice at all is a high-falutin problem, and would only like to see that young girls are taught the value of education along side the value of mother hood, so that they can have a choice at all when the time comes...and then afterwards as well.

Life takes some strange twists and turns. Prepare yourself.

If I have anything to do with it, my daughter (arriving tomorrow or Wenesday by the way) will get a good education prior to having to make the choice between staying at home or going to work.

If I have anything to do with it, my daughter (arriving tomorrow or Wenesday by the way) will get a good education prior to having to make the choice between staying at home or going to work.

I'm sure you will have much to do with it Jarod, and congratulations, that is so exciting!

Thanks, I lost my father last Monday so it will be nice to have something posative for the family to focus on.

My condolences. Having lost mine in the fall, I know how hard that is.

Thanks, to my suprise, it has not been as hard as when I innitially found out he was sick, 10 months ago.

Pancratic Cancer is a terrable disease.

That sounds less like a money problem and more like a woman who never should have had children.

If society did not place motherhood on a pedestal, maybe she wouldn't have had them.

Maybe some working mothers work out of greed, but then, some women don't work becauase they're lazy and like to lay around all day.

The stereotype cuts both ways. I reject it on all counts, and assume the best intentions all around.

Its a blended family she dumped the guys oldest which was a girl who at 13 was taking care of four younger kids( they would spend the majority of their day at my house swiming , playing video games and getting fed.

When the girl felt the pangs of being ignored and started acting out the womsn made her hubby chose between her or the daughter. She actually said "It me or her". Then they ohter one she dumped was her own daughter. She sent her to live with her dad because should could not deal with her.

She seems fine with the three boys they have left. But I think the Dad is the main figure in the house.

Thanks, to my suprise, it has not been as hard as when I innitially found out he was sick, 10 months ago.

Pancratic Cancer is a terrable disease.

That is a hard way to go. Sorry to hear about it Jarod.

I hope all goes well with the delivery. Babies are such a joy.

Its a blended family she dumped the guys oldest which was a girl who at 13 was taking care of four younger kids( they would spend the majority of their day at my house swiming , playing video games and getting fed.

When the girl felt the pangs of being ignored and started acting out the womsn made her hubby chose between her or the daughter. She actually said "It me or her". Then they ohter one she dumped was her own daughter. She sent her to live with her dad because should could not deal with her.

She seems fine with the three boys they have left. But I think the Dad is the main figure in the house.

Desh, you sound like you have the patience of a saint. I am a true Aquarius in many ways. They say about us that we love humanity, but can't stand people.

I'm similar about kids. I love them, and I actually do work to protect them. My heart breaks and I literally sob when I read of one being harmed in any way. I would put my own life on the line to protect any child, and I believe that adults in any society are morally charged with protecting its young. I would give up my own life for either my niece or my nephew in a heartbeat, but...they are the only two kids I can stand to be around for long periods of time, and even then I'm often happy when my brother is coming to pick them up. Though, less so as they are getting older.

I cannot stand to be in a store and hear one of them screaming. I can think of almost no hell worse than being in a household filled with them through some "blended" family. The woman is at fault for getting herself into that position, you may be assured I never will. but I feel for her reaction to it.

And Desh, I'm not a bad person.

Back