Theology Question

But God presumably knows every action you are GOING to take.
Do you know every action a child of yours is going to take? No. You do, however, have a very good idea of what that child will do in any given situation.
So God knows the MILLISECOND you were created, everything you are going to do, right?
No. He knows you...he created you...but YOU are free to choose your own destiny. That freedom comes from God.
If He does then He creates that which He then needs to punish eternally.
I think you miss the message of Easter, or why and how Christ was resurrected.
OR God DOESN'T know what your actions will be. Which I find rather interesting theology.
You should.
A God who doesn't know the future of the universe and space-time which He created.
Did God create all of space and time, or just the Earth and many worlds like it? How do you know the Universe was even created or had a beginning at all? Perhaps it has always been here, and always will be.
It is an interesting idea. But most people will recognize that it is a legitimate theological question. Is God impotent to stop you from doing what He knows you will do and for which He will need to torment you for eternity?
God teaches freedom of choice and gave the freedom to you. You are free to choose. You are NOT free of the consequences of that choice.
Satan teaches compulsion. There is no choice.

Do not confuse Satan with God.

Or is God another bystander and witness to the random unfolding of reality just like us?
Reality isn't 'folded', so it can't unfold.

The assertion that there are no gods...can only be a blind guess.

"Atheism" is just a word some people use as a self-descriptor to denote that they either have blindly guessed that there are no gods...or that they have blindly guessed that it is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one.

They do indeed.

It is almost certain that there is a depth to existence that is MUCH GREATER than what humans can see...or even imagine.
Agreed. Unfortunately, there is no physical proof of anything beyond the Natural Universe and physical existence. Ergo, it's a matter of spiritual belief.

Do you know every action a child of yours is going to take?

I am not God. Do you think God is exactly equivalent (with all limitations) that a human parent has?

I think you miss the message of Easter, or why and how Christ was resurrected.

I'm an atheist so I don't really much care one way or the other. But that being said, the concept that an all-powerful being had to manifest himself as a human-god in a small corner of a small province of Rome so that He could arrange to have Himself killed to atone His creation to Himself for sins that creation committed (being lesser beings and incapable of perfection) has always felt a bit difficult theologically.

Did God create all of space and time, or just the Earth and many worlds like it?

So a "local God"...not as powerful as the Creator of the ENTIRE universe. That's interesting.

God teaches freedom of choice and gave the freedom to you. You are free to choose. You are NOT free of the consequences of that choice.
Satan teaches compulsion. There is no choice.

Actually HUMANS teach those things. They just TELL you that God and Satan teach them respectively.

Reality isn't 'folded', so it can't unfold.

Autism is very interesting especially when it manifests as hyper literalism.

A shame you choose to join the other asshole trolls. Back to ignore.

Oh, my. Now I will have to suffer being without you.

However will I do that?

hysterical-laughter.gif

Why would you fault God for the choices of His creations ?

It depends on what one means by "God". Is God outside of space and time and knows all things past, present and future? If God knows everything I'm going to do from the second He created me then He KNOWS my choices. That defeats the concept of "free will" in any real sense, but it also means God creates me and knows He will have to punish me for the things I have yet to do.

And further: is God to be held responsible for creating all things, including the choices those creations make? If he is not then he is subservient to a lesser being's desires.

Look at the Bible: God regrets making humans before he has to kill most of them in a giant Flood. We are constantly told God is saddened when one of His flock goes astray. How can that possibly be? Unless God is as locked in and mystified by the future as we are. Which kind of makes him less than that being than which none greater can be conceived.

It depends on what one means by "God". Is God outside of space and time and knows all things past, present and future? If God knows everything I'm going to do from the second He created me then He KNOWS my choices. That defeats the concept of "free will" in any real sense, but it also means God creates me and knows He will have to punish me for the things I have yet to do.

And further: is God to be held responsible for creating all things, including the choices those creations make? If he is not then he is subservient to a lesser being's desires.

Look at the Bible: God regrets making humans before he has to kill most of them in a giant Flood. We are constantly told God is saddened when one of His flock goes astray. How can that possibly be? Unless God is as locked in and mystified by the future as we are. Which kind of makes him less than that being than which none greater can be conceived.

1st sentence
No it does not.If by knowing he forced you to change then yes. And God is done with punishing in case you had not read that in the Bible. You chose an eternal soul or not. You punish yourself by deprivation.

2nd sentence
He crate the things, he does nto create the actions.

3rd sentence
Until you allow your creation to act, there is no past present or future.

1st sentence
No it does not.If by knowing he forced you to change then yes. And God is done with punishing in case you had not read that in the Bible. You chose an eternal soul or not. You punish yourself by deprivation.

No. I'm a fallen and flawed and imperfect being. He holds all the cards. He created me and he created my brain chemistry. When I sought him in my darkest hour but heard nothing He helped me realize He either didn't really care or wasn't really there. Since I cannot accept a God who acts with evil intent I can only draw the conclusion that he isn't there.

2nd sentence

So your version of God doesn't know what is going to happen in the future?

3rd sentence

That is wrong. Time is not contingent upon MY actions. I can sit here doing nothing and time still passes.

1st sentence

2nd sentence

3rd sentence

1. Do you take the Bible literally and believe the Earth is only 6000 years old? God gave us free will. Why punish for using it?

2. IOW, God gave us Free Will to choose our actions. It's not up to your to murder people for choosing differently than you.

3. Space/Time began with the Big Bang. God lives outside of space and time. Hence the term "eternal", not that many people understand what that really means.

The assertion that there are no gods...can only be a blind guess.

"Atheism" is just a word some people use as a self-descriptor to denote that they either have blindly guessed that there are no gods...or that they have blindly guessed that it is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one.

Atheism does not mean the Church of No God. The Church of Not God is a religion.
Atheism means 'no religion'. It does not care whether there is a god or gods or not.

I am not God. Do you think God is exactly equivalent (with all limitations) that a human parent has?
Not a limitation. I have already answered this question.
I'm an atheist so I don't really much care one way or the other. But that being said, the concept that an all-powerful being had to manifest himself as a human-god in a small corner of a small province of Rome so that He could arrange to have Himself killed to atone His creation to Himself for sins that creation committed (being lesser beings and incapable of perfection) has always felt a bit difficult theologically.
You are no atheist. You belong to the Church of No God. You also belong to the Church of Green, the Church of Global Warming, the Church of Covid, the Church of the Ozone Hole, and the Church of Karl Marx. You do care for your religions. You are trying to disprove God right now.
So a "local God"...not as powerful as the Creator of the ENTIRE universe. That's interesting.
Why do you think the Universe was created at all?
Actually HUMANS teach those things. They just TELL you that God and Satan teach them respectively.
Since you believe there is no God and no Satan, your argument is rather silly.
Autism is very interesting especially when it manifests as hyper literalism.
Psychoquackery.

It depends on what one means by "God". Is God outside of space and time
Irrational. If God is outside the Universe, than the Universe isn't universal. It is not the universe.
and knows all things past, present and future?
You might say he's seen it before.
If God knows everything I'm going to do from the second He created me then He KNOWS my choices.
No. God gave your freedom of choice.
That defeats the concept of "free will" in any real sense,
Not at all. You have freedom of choice.
but it also means God creates me and knows He will have to punish me for the things I have yet to do.
Because of your choices.
God is not responsible for YOUR choices. The choices you make are YOURS.
Look at the Bible: God regrets making humans before he has to kill most of them in a giant Flood.
God does not regret making humans. He regretted that he had to destroy such evil from the choices they made.
We are constantly told God is saddened when one of His flock goes astray.
He is.
How can that possibly be?
I have already explained it to you.
Unless God is as locked in and mystified by the future as we are.
He is not mystified. He is not 'locked in' anywhere.
Which kind of makes him less than that being than which none greater can be conceived.
Attempted proof by contrivance. That's a fallacy, dude.

Back