Theology Question

Personal experience! Whether you believe it or not is not my problem!
I accept many of your claims in this thread as true, but you are oddly trying to pretend that your beliefs aren't faith based (thus aren't "blind"). Don't run away from it; embrace it. There's nothing wrong with it.

I accept many of your claims in this thread as true, but you are oddly trying to pretend that your beliefs aren't faith based (thus aren't "blind"). Don't run away from it; embrace it. There's nothing wrong with it.

They aren't Faith based! I was minding my own business when I was chosen,I resigned, but my resignation was not accepted.

Faith in the Holy Spirit is in and of itself a circular argument. It is blind faith. The other name for the circular argument is the Argument of Faith. This is not a fallacy, but trying to prove a circular argument True IS.
I'm glad you were here to field this one. I would not have thought that any adult Christian would need this to be explained to him and after poking my nose into it, I really didn't want to go there. He got hung up on the word "blind", thinking that it means "unreasonable" and "wrong" instead of "unconditional."

Anyway, I hope he heeds your counsel.

I'm glad you were here to field this one. I would not have thought that any adult Christian would need this to be explained to him and after poking my nose into it, I really didn't want to go there. He got hung up on the word "blind", thinking that it means "unreasonable" and "wrong" instead of "unconditional."

Anyway, I hope he heeds your counsel.

I love it when you talk to yourself, Sybil. What's also interesting is how civil you can be with your socks when you aren't to others. Even those with whom you agree.

If God is all powerful, why can God not make everyone happy? If God created the entire universe, why not create a utopia?

If God cannot make everyone happy, God is not all powerful.
If God can make everyone happy and does not, God is cruel and petty.

Solution, God is not all powerful and cannot make everyone happy.

Even God has limits to power.

Or

God was bored, and created humanity and the Earth with all their flaws as a form of divine television.

It's not my responsibility to evangelize you.

It sure as hell isn't.

But you are claiming that there is nothing to discuss.

Okay. I accept that you have nothing to use in defense of your "arguments."

I have plenty. If you grow up...let me know. We can talk.

Spot on. Well put, although your previous citation from John really is the capstone that closes out the point.

Great post.

You got nothing, that's my point

I've got plenty.

YOU are the one saying there is nothing to discuss. Obviously YOU are the one who has got nothing.

So now you are reduced to just mouthing off...and pretending you are making a point.

Hey...at least you continue to provide laughs.

hysterical-laughter.gif

If God is all powerful, why can God not make everyone happy? If God created the entire universe, why not create a utopia?

If God cannot make everyone happy, God is not all powerful.
If God can make everyone happy and does not, God is cruel and petty.

Solution, God is not all powerful and cannot make everyone happy.

Even God has limits to power.

I wonder what those who work at Shriners hospital and watch children die every day from cancer think about how powerful God is?

I wonder what those who work at Shriners hospital and watch children die every day from cancer think about how powerful God is?
I wonder what those leftists who deny the stealing of the election think about how their beliefs end up mass-murdering Jews, Cambodians, Russians, etc., and force countless world-wide into abject poverty, e.g. Venezuela, Russia, North Korea, etc.

Back