THREADBAN POLL 2019

What should JPP do with its threadban feature?

• I am NEUTRAL on this issue. I truly do not care one way or the other.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • KEEP threadbans.

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • ABOLISH threadbans

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
for the record, and to be straight up about the issue, I actually voted to abolish this time around. Personally I'm kind of over them now. I think they have served their purpose, and they do have value when it comes to banning people like desh, but I also think we are falling into doing echo chamber stuff. I sort of miss the rough and tumble JPP. Then there are the conflicts between tapatalk and JPP, so our platforms arent synced up on this issue. Then we have retros which always leads to people complaining.

Going forward (assuming threadbans stay, which it seems it's going to be the case) I will probably only threadban desh and maybe domer, who are both huge retards, and let everyone else participate in my threads. we'll see.

You'll never get to outright get rid of them. I'd just try other tactics. I don't think anyone likes trolling, and personal vendettas taking place on what are supposed to be non-confrontational subjects. You have to be able to ban at least some in those. I've tried, but even you admitted it was an odd idea not to ban Yurt. If it's politics I'd just throw it back at them, but that ruins stuff like recipes, gardening, and travel. You could limit them in politics, because you should be able to tussle a bit there. You better be given the premise of this forum. The limit would allow you to keep the ones that have vendettas against you away, without letting trolls spam the boards.

Is this what precipitated the new bote

it was numerous things. tapatalk incongruence, excessive retros, I had someone message me about how hard it was to edit their list of like 50+ when a couple people changed their name, the multitude of threads of people moaning about threadbans. Just seemed like an issue that needed revisiting. I am fine with either outcome, at least now we can move forward with confidence that JPP still prefers and approves of threadbans, which is good. This issue always seems polarizing so it's good to reaffirm it every year or so.

You'll never get to outright get rid of them. I'd just try other tactics. I don't think anyone likes trolling, and personal vendettas taking place on what are supposed to be non-confrontational subjects. You have to be able to ban at least some in those. I've tried, but even you admitted it was an odd idea not to ban Yurt. If it's politics I'd just throw it back at them, but that ruins stuff like recipes, gardening, and travel. You could limit them in politics, because you should be able to tussle a bit there. You better be given the premise of this forum. The limit would allow you to keep the ones that have vendettas against you away, without letting trolls spam the boards.
Jade, you realize this is about little words in a box on a computer/laptop/phone screen, right? No one's life is hanging in the balance here. hahaha

Widdle words on a scween. That's it!

Does anyone here need another adult to remove words from your screen so widdle eyes don't get hwurt?

Fucking, seriously? lol

I damn sure don't. I can scroll right past the shit I don't wanna read and get to the part I do. Easy peasy.

I voted neutral cuz I thought if someone needs such a security blanket, idc. But, living rules argument makes much sense to me. Thread bans are kinda stupid and echo chamber-ish. Rough and tumble is always the best. If someone can't handle reading little words in a box on your computer screen, use ignore, for fucks sake. This isn't a daycare center with diaper change services. lol. Good God. :palm:

It is the bare minimum courtesy this board can extend to mitigate those kind of issues.

As long as this forum refuses to take even minimal measures to limit or control overt racism, bigotry, anti-Semitism, and the most degenerate personal insults I have ever seen on a message board, the bare minimum should be to allow posters the option to exercise some modest control over how much racism, bigotry, threats, and sociopathic degeneracy they have to see.

And everything you want to see "controlled" is subjective from person to person.

for the record, and to be straight up about the issue, I actually voted to abolish this time around. Personally I'm kind of over them now. I think they have served their purpose, and they do have value when it comes to banning people like desh, but I also think we are falling into doing echo chamber stuff. I sort of miss the rough and tumble JPP. Then there are the conflicts between tapatalk and JPP, so our platforms arent synced up on this issue. Then we have retros which always leads to people complaining.

Going forward (assuming threadbans stay, which it seems it's going to be the case) I will probably only threadban desh and maybe domer, who are both huge retards, and let everyone else participate in my threads. we'll see.

I will find it highly amusing if the Keep votes =X and the Abolish votes =X+2;; but after removing Mason's dumbass votes, the true final tally becomes Keep = X and the Abolish = X-1

095ea45e2311cd42867eb1923bf858c3.gif

Jade, you realize this is about little words in a box on a computer/laptop/phone screen, right? No one's life is hanging in the balance here. hahaha

Does anyone here need another adult to remove words from your screen so widdle eyes don't get hwurt?

Fucking, seriously? lol

I damn sure don't. I can scroll right past the shit I don't wanna read and get to the part I do. Easy peasy.

I voted neutral cuz I thought if someone needs such a security blanket, idc. But, living rules argument makes much sense to me. Thread bans are kinda stupid and echo chamber-ish. Rough and tumble is always the best. If someone can't handle reading little words in a box on your computer screen, use ignore, for fucks sake. This isn't a daycare center with diaper change services. lol. Good God. :palm:

I don't like how you talk recipes or travel, and then someone comes in starting shit, and the discussion devolves. I tried it, and had to send two packing. As for politics, I quit putting up bans, since most don't want to be held back in political discussions, and neither do I. My big issue is I just want to stay on topic. Basically I adore the few discussions like my recipe discussion, and like to keep it civil. Otherwise you could do away with banning people.

It is the bare minimum courtesy this board can extend to mitigate those kind of issues.

As long as this forum refuses to take even minimal measures to limit or control overt racism, bigotry, anti-Semitism, and the most degenerate personal insults I have ever seen on a message board, the bare minimum should be to allow posters the option to exercise some modest control over how much racism, bigotry, threats, and sociopathic degeneracy they have to see.

As you define them? Not a chance you whiny asshole. The most degenerate insults posted on this forum come from leftist dunces you don't thread ban. Moron.

I would like to see a 30 day temporary rule that would ban someone for 1 week, if they derail the thread from the Posters OP.

It doesn’t matter the forum, sexual deviants harass women in every forum. I don’t want to subject myself to that.

Women aren't harassed on this forum. It doesn't matter the gender or race; you say something profoundly stupid, you are going to get nailed for it.

I have to laugh at the leftists on this forum who bombard it with insults, stupidity and lies whining about people who insult, lie and whine.

it was numerous things. tapatalk incongruence, excessive retros, I had someone message me about how hard it was to edit their list of like 50+ when a couple people changed their name, the multitude of threads of people moaning about threadbans. Just seemed like an issue that needed revisiting. I am fine with either outcome, at least now we can move forward with confidence that JPP still prefers and approves of threadbans, which is good. This issue always seems polarizing so it's good to reaffirm it every year or so.

Grind, you gullible fool you.

Do you really think that this is going to put an end to the Thread Ban complaints??

:facepalm:

I don't like how you talk recipes or travel, and then someone comes in starting shit, and the discussion devolves. I tried it, walked on eggshells handling it, got played, and had to send two packing. As for politics, I quit putting up bans, since most don't want to be held back in political discussions, and neither do I. My big issue is I just want to stay on topic. Basically I adore the few discussions like my recipe discussion, and like to keep it civil. Otherwise you could do away with banning people.
Right, I get it. My remark wasn't directed to you, per se. Just my general thoughts on the whole thing.

Translation: Jade the pussy wants thread bans for his fat boy threads but nobody else.

Oh come on, this isn't a formal debate board. There is a section for that, APP.

But like Stone posted.

It get kinds of old, when someone starts a thread about nothing really political or news shaking; but just to have some pleasantries and the next thing is, two or more people turn the entire thread into an insult exchange.

Fucking, seriously? lol

Yurt!

I get it. For people complaining about editing their list, that is their problem.

People are such whiny bitches. It amazes me how they whine and complain about how the board is run yet ignore the lengths Damo and the Mods go to take what members think into account

Cue Yurt and some snarky “brown nose” comment

Right, I get it. My remark wasn't directed to you, per se. Just my general thoughts on the whole thing.

The way I've been feeling, I've needed to vent a little myself. I've always referred to a few like TDAK, as being like those clown boppers people used to get as a kid. Yurt seems to get upset that I use trolls to vent though.

Back