THREADBAN POLL 2019

What should JPP do with its threadban feature?

• I am NEUTRAL on this issue. I truly do not care one way or the other.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • KEEP threadbans.

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • ABOLISH threadbans

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But like Stone posted.

It get kinds of old, when someone starts a thread about nothing really political or news shaking; but just to have some pleasantries and the next thing is, two or more people turn the entire thread into an insult exchange.
Yeah but that shit just happens, always has since the beginning of the Innerwebz. Not the end of the world.

Little words in a box on my screen don't intimidate me, at least not enough for me to expect another adult somewhere in another state to protect my eyes from seeing it.

HA

But that's just me. Pacifiers aren't my deal.....

it was numerous things. tapatalk incongruence, excessive retros, I had someone message me about how hard it was to edit their list of like 50+ when a couple people changed their name, the multitude of threads of people moaning about threadbans. Just seemed like an issue that needed revisiting. I am fine with either outcome, at least now we can move forward with confidence that JPP still prefers and approves of threadbans, which is good. This issue always seems polarizing so it's good to reaffirm it every year or so.

Two things what happened to the Tapatalk code?

After the poll closes anyone who bitches about thread bans who voted should get a bitch slap ban

Jade, you realize this is about little words in a box on a computer/laptop/phone screen, right? No one's life is hanging in the balance here. hahaha

Widdle words on a scween. That's it!

Does anyone here need another adult to remove words from your screen so widdle eyes don't get hwurt?

Fucking, seriously? lol

I damn sure don't. I can scroll right past the shit I don't wanna read and get to the part I do. Easy peasy.

I voted neutral cuz I thought if someone needs such a security blanket, idc. But, living rules argument makes much sense to me. Thread bans are kinda stupid and echo chamber-ish. Rough and tumble is always the best. If someone can't handle reading little words in a box on your computer screen, use ignore, for fucks sake. This isn't a daycare center with diaper change services. lol. Good God. :palm:

Jade has no life. No wife. No kids. Lives with his mama. Unemployed. Fat. No girlfriend

JPP is all he has

I don’t Thread Ban because I can’t handle rough and tumble. I thread Ban because sometimes I am just putting out information and don’t give a fuck what leftists think about it or I have heard thier tired arguments before and know there is nothing new.

I don't like how you talk recipes or travel, and then someone comes in starting shit, and the discussion devolves. I tried it, and had to send two packing. As for politics, I quit putting up bans, since most don't want to be held back in political discussions, and neither do I. My big issue is I just want to stay on topic. Basically I adore the few discussions like my recipe discussion, and like to keep it civil. Otherwise you could do away with banning people.

:crybaby:

I get it. For people complaining about editing their list, that is their problem.

People are such whiny bitches. It amazes me how they whine and complain about how the board is run yet ignore the lengths Damo and the Mods go to take what members think into account

Cue Yurt and some snarky “brown nose” comment

What is your problem? Seriously, what is your problem?

It's not weak to want to deny a certain few idiots like Truth Deflector, CFM and a couple of others, the chance to fuck up every thread you start just because they're childish, immature assholes and have nothing worthwhile to contribute.

But if you have some desperate, pathological inner need to feel superior to other people, then you just go right ahead.

I won't judge.

Ftr I voted to keep threadbans. Truth Destroyer... page after effing page of nothing except .gifs and insults. CFM... page after effing page of the N-word. I Hate America... page after page of hate, racism and death wishes. I don't need people like this trashing my threads and don't even want to waste the time scrolling past them. I'm exercising the right not to see their shit just as they're exercising their right to be gross, disgusting assholes.

Yeah but that shit just happens, always has since the beginning of the Innerwebz. Not the end of the world.

Little words in a box on my screen don't intimidate me, at least not enough for me to expect another adult somewhere in another state to protect my eyes from seeing it.

HA

But that's just me. Pacifiers aren't my deal.....

And I understand, but shouldn't "adults" be able to control their NEED to act in such a manner; because there is no other reason except, for that NEED to do so?

My thread ban list is compiled of individuals who hold a different political view of mine; but instead are posters who have proven to me that the only reason they post, is to be a disruption and a really sad NEED to be recognized.

I started a thread, gave them a format to explain why I should remove them from my list and not one of them even made an attempt.

My list:

ZappasGuitar; Troll; PoliTalker; StoneByStone; evince; Nomad; Jade Dragon; domer76; Adolf_Twitler; lisasanders1964; moon; MASON; guno; jimmymccready; Jack; StoneByStone; NiftyNiblick; archives; Micawber; Trump Suckers Everywhere; Cypress; CFM; ThatOwlWoman;

The way I've been feeling, I've needed to vent a little myself. I've always referred to a few like TDAK, as being like those clown boppers people used to get as a kid. Yurt seems to get upset that I use trolls to vent though.

What is your problem with me? Your obsession with me is beyond kinky, it is freaking bizarre...

State your issue with me.

Jade, you realize this is about little words in a box on a computer/laptop/phone screen, right? No one's life is hanging in the balance here. hahaha

Widdle words on a scween. That's it!

Does anyone here need another adult to remove words from your screen so widdle eyes don't get hwurt?

Fucking, seriously? lol

I damn sure don't. I can scroll right past the shit I don't wanna read and get to the part I do. Easy peasy.

I voted neutral cuz I thought if someone needs such a security blanket, idc. But, living rules argument makes much sense to me. Thread bans are kinda stupid and echo chamber-ish. Rough and tumble is always the best. If someone can't handle reading little words in a box on your computer screen, use ignore, for fucks sake. This isn't a daycare center with diaper change services. lol. Good God. :palm:

Minty - you should vote to abolish a few more times with all your different screen names to take the lead since you claim you don't want to pacify anyone...…….which is exactly what you did by voting neutral.....you feel one way but vote another to pacify others.

Ftr I voted to keep threadbans. Truth Destroyer... page after effing page of nothing except .gifs and insults. CFM... page after effing page of the N-word. I Hate America... page after page of hate, racism and death wishes. I don't need people like this trashing my threads and don't even want to waste the time scrolling past them. I'm exercising the right not to see their shit just as they're exercising their right to be gross, disgusting assholes.

Exactly why I voted to keep them as well. There aren't that many known trolls, but the worst of them are virulent and cause interesting discussions to quickly devolve into sandbox squabbles only with swears.

That's hilarious, from you of all ppl. Talk about not wanting freedom of speech!

He still probably thinks most Amazonian's are just other forms of Mason. Mason can get racy, but he's no Jack. Also he was quite the fan of Best Western Whisperer. Even enough to make a thread that he changed names to something.

I was tempted to change my name once, but it fits me too much. I think my name changing would disappoint a few among the detractors, and the friendly.

Exactly, thank you

I started a thread, gave them a format to explain why I should remove them from my list and not one of them even made an attempt.

My list:

ZappasGuitar; Troll; PoliTalker; StoneByStone; evince; Nomad; Jade Dragon; domer76; Adolf_Twitler; lisasanders1964; moon; MASON; guno; jimmymccready; Jack; StoneByStone; NiftyNiblick; archives; Micawber; Trump Suckers Everywhere; Cypress; CFM; ThatOwlWoman;

I seldom read your shit so that's probably why I never even saw your plea for someone to look at you. There are enough other needy, desperate damaged attention whores here as it is, and that's why you are almost always thread-banned from my OPs. There are also plenty of quality threads that anything you start isn't needed.

You're welcome, and please have a pleasant evening. :laugh:

He still probably thinks most Amazonian's are just other forms of Mason. Mason can get racy, but he's no Jack. Also he was quite the fan of Best Western Whisperer. Even enough to make a thread that he changed names to something.

I was tempted to change my name once, but it fits me too much. I think my name changing would disappoint a few among the detractors, and the friendly.

The "Amazon" label is just an excuse to be an ignorant prick to anyone who doesn't share his flavor of politics. Notice how he never mentioned Toxic, who is a thread disrupter par excellence. He also didn't mention Grumpy or RB, because they share political POVs.

Exactly why I voted to keep them as well. There aren't that many known trolls, but the worst of them are virulent and cause interesting discussions to quickly devolve into sandbox squabbles only with swears.

Teflon Don, Legion, Yurt, USfreedom911, Evmetro, Havana Moon, Bobb, TDAK, Truth Detector, CFM, Bhaktajan, Top. I think that covers about all of the aforementioned type. Well there are a few on the left, but I have trouble being mad at detractors to the Christian faith, and white people. We have a lot of screwed up members in those two groups.

Minty - you should vote to abolish a few more times with all your different screen names to take the lead since you claim you don't want to pacify anyone...…….which is exactly what you did by voting neutral.....you feel one way but vote another to pacify others.
TTQ, I don't have any other accounts here besides this one. There is an option to change your username every 10 days here.

I have changed my name for this account several times, Stargazer, Trump Diva, America First and a couple of others. If you go to the profile part of your account, look at the tab called "username history".

At first, I didn't care, and I've seen valid arguments for both banning and abolishing but the last one made me think it is really silly sometimes. If it was close I would change my vote.

What is your stance on the subject?

TTQ, I don't have any other accounts here besides this one. There is an option to change your username every 10 days here.

I have changed my name for this account several times, Stargazer, Trump Diva, America First and a couple of others. If you go to the profile part of your account, look at the tab called "username history".

At first, I didn't care, and I've seen valid arguments for both banning and abolishing but the last one made me think it is really silly sometimes. If it was close I would change my vote.

What is your stance on the subject?

I personally voted to abolish them.

Even with thread bans the nastiness can still be read on another thread.

I personally like to read the trash coming from the racist right.....it lets me know exactly where they stand.

As I have been doing for years I can simply scroll pass their post.

This site is full of racists scumbags and a tread ban isn't going to change that.

My apologies, I have never changed my name so I'm not up to how it's done.

Oh and have you started traveling yet?

I personally voted to abolish them.

Even with thread bans the nastiness can still be read on another thread.

I personally like to read the trash coming from the racist right.....it lets me know exactly where they stand.

As I have been doing for years I can simply scroll pass their post.

This site is full of racists scumbags and a tread ban isn't going to change that.

My apologies, I have never changed my name so I'm not up to how it's done.

Oh and have you started traveling yet?
Yep, we are from those old boards where there were no added extras. You either made it on your own, sink or swim. lol

I would change my vote if it was getting close. Although I will survive either way. No, I'm not traveling, are you? Have you heard anything from your old friend?

Back