Tim Walz basically challenges JD Vance to a pheasant hunt

Walz on Vance: ‘I guarantee you he can’t shoot pheasants like I can’​

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (D) appeared to challenge Sen. JD Vance’s (R-Ohio) shooting skills, saying that the vice presidential hopeful cannot hunt pheasants like he can.

“That’s what JD Vance’s stick is, talking about guns. I guarantee you he can’t shoot pheasants like I can,” Walz said Tuesday.

Vance has heavily leaned into his personal story of his Appalachian roots as he makes his case as former President Trump’s running mate. He shared an anecdote during his speech to the Republican National Convention earlier this month about finding 19 loaded guns stashed around his grandmother’s house, which was met with loud applause from the audience.

Wow he is a tough guy

Challenge someone to see who can kill the most animals

Last edited:
The thing about Vance's personal story about growing up in Appalachia is that it did not happen. He grew up in a middle class/upper middle class Ohio suburb. He did not even visit Appalachia during his childhood.

His real story is ripping off people buying stuff at a big box store in high school. He never worked on a farm, in a factory, in construction, etc. like Walz actually did. He never went fishing or hunting, like Walz did. It is all an act.
Link, Walter, or you are lying.

the democrats have become a joke

does Walz also support reparations? does he support allowing illegal to vote? does he still want to defund the police? does he still support his covid hotline to rat out neighbors? If Kamala flip flops on the fence, is he still going to buy stock in ladders?

who the fuck knows - they are running a childish brat campaign.
The Valor Thief, Elmer Fudd, who allowed Minneapolis to burn, is a bad joke and a Communist Chinese sympathizer.

Link, Walter, or you are lying.

I, too, am curious about the claims. My understanding is that Vance grew up in southwest Ohio which is a fair piece from Appalachia proper. I briefly lived in that part of the country and it was a couple hours drive to get to true Appalachia. SW Ohio is effectively Indiana-Cincinnati and it's pretty middle-of-the-road midwest. Sure there's some poverty and I assume that is what he grew up with. I'm curious why he somehow aligned his experience with Appalachia, though. When I lived there I never considered myself to be in Appalachia. I did travel over to Appalachia occasionally and it wasn't really like SW Ohio.

Wow he is a tough guy

This is why we need to stop pitting rural America against non-rural America.

Yeah he probably can hunt pheasant quite well. Super. Who cares?

The one thing I will grant the Dems in this area: in any way they can point up how Trump and his cadre have nothing in common with vast swaths of America, but this hagiography of the rural isn't a great way to shift our politics.

Wow he is a tough guy

Seriously....He was bragging about being a great shot earlier today when speaking tot he firefighters (he was all over the place)...and said he had the trophy to prove it...
He's so strange...

I, too, am curious about the claims. My understanding is that Vance grew up in southwest Ohio which is a fair piece from Appalachia proper.
Map_of_Appalachia_without_county_borders.svg.png

[td]

Red and dark red counties form the Appalachian Regional Commission; dark red and dark red striped counties form traditional Appalachia.[2] Coordinates: 38.80°N 81.00°W

He was closer to Appalachia than Harris is to being black

Reactions: TOP
Seriously....He was bragging about being a great shot earlier today when speaking tot he firefighters (he was all over the place)...and said he had the trophy to prove it...
He's so strange...

Hey, Trump brags about being Michigan's "Man of the Year" quite a bit. So, there's that.

You think hunting is just senseless murdering of animals?

When it's a political stunt, yeah. The reason I don't hunt anymore is because I had no use for the meat. God bless those who do.

But making a political stunt out of it? Yeah, not a great look.

What are you, one of those Coastal Rightwing Elitists?

And there you have it, folks. The usual pitting one type of American against another.

ALL OF THIS IS POLITICAL THEATER. It isn't real. It isn't valuable. All it does is put wedges between ourselves. No one has a corner on what it is to be a "real American".

Buy a chicken and let the pheasants live in nature .

I have no problem with hunting. I grew up in a hunting family. I didn't enjoy it, but then I didn't really like eating the spoils. So there was no reason to continue hunting for me. But I know it has value on so many levels.

But making a political stunt to score cheap points who who is more American is pretty wasteful.

Back