Tire gauge-gate

I was saying.... demonstrate your evidence that he is lying about this vs. it being a hit job by a member of the opposing party. Surely you have such evidence if you are going to say he lied about it. Otherwise you are being nothing more than a partisan hack.

How long did it take you to admit Bush is a liar?

Or…have you admitted it yet?

Don’t expect everyone to play on your own non-existent learning curve SF. McCain lies every day. So badly that his claims that Obama didn’t care about the troops and didn’t visit them, had to be disputed for days before he was finally forced to back down.

That’s what he does. He lies.

Webb is not known for being a liar. McCain is. Period. Jerk off alone now ok? Because I see a long, chimpanzee circle jerk coming. Damo is around right?

Maybe he’s stoned.

Maybe with Top, things work in reverse. Like in Bizzaro world.

Most def not stoned, why these ghestapo right wingers at the company drug test office workers. HR5843 "WE SHALL OVERCOME RACISM":clink:

Poor Gerbils keep on chasing their tails in the corporate wheel and do not know why. Yet they defend their right to keep chasing their tails.

How long did it take you to admit Bush is a liar?

Or…have you admitted it yet?

Don’t expect everyone to play on your own non-existent learning curve SF. McCain lies every day. So badly that his claims that Obama didn’t care about the troops and didn’t visit them, had to be disputed for days before he was finally forced to back down.

That’s what he does. He lies.

Webb is not known for being a liar. McCain is. Period. Jerk off alone now ok? Because I see a long, chimpanzee circle jerk coming. Damo is around right?

So you make the claim that he lies every day and when asked for some examples you come up empty??? I see. Thanks.

As for the chimpanzee circle jerk... it has already started and Lorax etc... eagerly await your return.

So you make the claim that he lies every day and when asked for some examples you come up empty??? I see. Thanks.

As for the chimpanzee circle jerk... it has already started and Lorax etc... eagerly await your return.

She talked about the lie where he was making bogus claims about Obama & the troops...how did you miss that?

The topic of this thread is also something I'd call a lie; hopelessly & dishonestly misrepresenting someone else's position, and hoping that the damage is done by the time the truth comes out.

He lied about Obama's position on Pakistan, which basically reiterated his own position (supported unilateral action against any suspected terrorists in that country, but it was "confused leadership" and "naive" when Obama suggested it). He lied about Obama's position on the surge, and said that Obama's position was that it wouldn't reduce violence (that's one you're familiar with). He lied about Obama's tax plan, saying it would increase taxes for most Americans.

It goes on & on. Do your own homework. You can't even notice a lie when Darla posts it for you, and you'll dismiss these, and ask for more, and ignore the headlines, and continue to call us hacks, until like 6-12 months from now you'll FINALLY notice "hey, he doesn't seem too forthright," and then it will be okay to notice.

You are so sad SF.

Are you truly this stupid? The guy lies every day.

He lied all week about Obama’s Iraq trip. My God, the man lied and claimed that he had “never said the economy wasn’t his strong point.” They had him on video saying the economy wasn’t his strong point one day and on video saying he had never said it the next day. He lied about supporting the MLK holiday, over and over, until finally he realized he was being hit up on youtube, and then stopped lying and saying he had supported it, and started saying he was wrong not to have supported it. He lied and claimed he had called for Rumsfeld’s resignation. He lied and claimed he had never voted against any investigation of Katrina. The guy lies every single day. Turn on your tv and get your head out of your ass. Don’t you dare come on here and jump around like you got something. All you got, is a case of the hacks.

Jim Webb on the other hand, does not seem to have this problem.

She talked about the lie where he was making bogus claims about Obama & the troops...how did you miss that?

The topic of this thread is also something I'd call a lie; hopelessly & dishonestly misrepresenting someone else's position, and hoping that the damage is done by the time the truth comes out.

He lied about Obama's position on Pakistan, which basically reiterated his own position (supported unilateral action against any suspected terrorists in that country, but it was "confused leadership" and "naive" when Obama suggested it). He lied about Obama's position on the surge, and said that Obama's position was that it wouldn't reduce violence (that's one you're familiar with). He lied about Obama's tax plan, saying it would increase taxes for most Americans.

It goes on & on. Do your own homework. You can't even notice a lie when Darla posts it for you, and you'll dismiss these, and ask for more, and ignore the headlines, and continue to call us hacks, until like 6-12 months from now you'll FINALLY notice "hey, he doesn't seem too forthright," and then it will be okay to notice.

Boy is that SF’s M.O. in a nutshell.

I will bet he still argues that Bush didn’t lie about Iraq. That he was just “mistaken”. And after all, didn’t “everyone believe that Saddam had wmd’s”?

I think this is pretty hilarious.

In any event, I assume the GOP will out out similar tire gauges to ridicule Charlie Crist, Arnold Schwarzenegger and NASCAR, who provided the same common-sense suggestion to their constituents and fans.

And no, this isn't like claiming McCain's entire healthcare plan is "Get in shape." Instead, it's like claiming McCain's entire healthcare plan is "wear sunblock" after the comments below and distributing little bottles of Coppertone at campaign events.

"I want to again urge all Americans to wear sunscreen, particularly this summer, to stay out of the sun as much as possible," he said, with his wife Cindy standing next to him.

"Remember, a lot of the damage that people receive from the sun when they're young sometimes comes back later in life."

It's pretty fucking stupid, but par for the course for the McCain campaign.

Jesus, am I really evil? I read DH's post, and thought "wow what a great fucking campaign idea".

I'd totally do it. Hey, it still doesn't sink to the level of purple bandaids. And it's funny.

One further note, let's take a look at what the DoE says about Obama's aside.

How about getting tune ups:

Fixing a car that is noticeably out of tune or has failed an emissions test can improve its gas mileage by an average of 4 percent, though results vary based on the kind of repair and how well it is done.

Fixing a serious maintenance problem, such as a faulty oxygen sensor, can improve your mileage by as much as 40 percent.

Oooh, and they provide some handy figures on cost savings: $0.16/gallon. Not bad.

What about properly inflating tires:

You can improve your gas mileage by around 3.3 percent by keeping your tires inflated to the proper pressure. Under-inflated tires can lower gas mileage by 0.4 percent for every 1 psi drop in pressure of all four tires. Properly inflated tires are safer and last longer.

Ooooh, looky here, more handy figures on cost savings: up to $0.12/gallon.

What were the figures for the cost-savings on crude oil prices if drilling were opened up in the outer continental shelf:

The projections in the OCS access case indicate that access to the Pacific, Atlantic, and eastern Gulf regions would not have a significant impact on domestic crude oil and natural gas production or prices before 2030.

The Moron-a-thon continues unabated!

http://fueleconomy.gov/feg/maintain.shtml

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/aeo/otheranalysis/ongr.html

Originally Posted by Onceler

She talked about the lie where he was making bogus claims about Obama & the troops...how did you miss that?..snip

Boy is that SF’s M.O. in a nutshell.

I will bet he still argues that Bush didn’t lie about Iraq. That he was just “mistaken”. And after all, didn’t “everyone believe that Saddam had wmd’s”?

Jesus, supertool got his ass spanked. This is the message board equivalent of an atomic wedgie.

Wow - McCain must have pretty rigid standards for his VP candidates. Romney was just on the news saying "Obama thinks the way we can eliminate our dependence on foreign oil is to check our tires."

Lying is clearly some sort of prerequisite. The interesting thing is that the cable panel that played the clip didn't even comment on how dishonest it was; Buchanan was singing his praises, and said he had probably moved himself to the top of the list.

The "lie" about the troops? So Obama didn't cancel his visit? No, that part is true. Was the ad fucking retarded... yes, but it wasn't a friggin lie. He canceled because he was told that someone on his staff couldn't go? He should have gone. Unless of course he is such a weak leader that he can't go on a simple visit to the troops without his hand being held.

As for the surge... Obama did indeed state that he thought the surge would not make things better AND that he thought it could actually make things worse. I posted that the last time you whined about this supposed "lie".

You spout off ignorant crap about not knowing a lie.... well could that be because you see lies in damn near everything a Rep says without giving a shit whether a lie actually exists or not. You behave like a good little lemming and scream "he lies" whenever the left wing nutjobs tell you to.

Good little lemming.

Obama continues to toss out the "oh look the Reps are about to go all racist on me" and not a peep from you morons to condemn it. Then you have your little leg humper who reads some leftwing nutjobs article and then proclaims it as his opinion and that he sees racism "subliminally" in the most recent pathetic ad from McCain. Which translates to... I will find a way to proclaim every ad from McCain and the Reps has "subliminal" racism. Because we love to play that race card. It is our only line of defense.

Good to see you are all such good little sheeple. Baaaaa...

This kind of stuff brings out the real hackity-hack in Superfreak.

How embarassing. We go to all the effort, and that's what he comes up with.

Wow - McCain must have pretty rigid standards for his VP candidates. Romney was just on the news saying "Obama thinks the way we can eliminate our dependence on foreign oil is to check our tires."

Lying is clearly some sort of prerequisite. The interesting thing is that the cable panel that played the clip didn't even comment on how dishonest it was; Buchanan was singing his praises, and said he had probably moved himself to the top of the list.

LMAO... this is so hypocritical for you and gumby to be tossing out your faux outrage on some political spin like this. Because how many times just today has Gumby stated what "my positions" are on different topics that are not my positions? How many times did you flip out on global warming because I would not agree with you 100% and then you pretend that somehow made me a global warming denialist.

How many times does your little circle jerk team come at me with the whole... you are a Bush apologist bullshit, even after I state how bad he has been both economically and with the management of the war.

But I suppose team Obama and the idiots on the left haven't exaggerated in any of their ads or depictions of McCain... right?

Back