Tire gauge-gate

"Again, how is that comparison of the two not the main point of the article? The comparison is the basis for the argument that the portion of Obamas solution is somehow more impacting than offshore drilliing. But I know... it isn't what YOU wanted to focus on."

The point was that the GOP it touting offshore drilling & ridiculing Obama's suggestion, but that neither makes a huge impact, and both can be part of a more comprehensive approach. You honed in on the one part of it and ran with that; the whole idea is that it's stupid for McCain to be ridiculing the tire suggestion, because the difference between that & the impact of offshore drilling is negligible. Yes, the article uses the Bush admin stats & based on those, speculates that the impact of checking tires would be more, but the MAIN point of the article - that it's stupid to make fun of Obama's suggestion - doesn't change if you use other stats, and drilling is closer to checking tires, or would even have more of an impact than checking tires.

You're just too stupid to see that. I'm consistently amazed by the depth of your stupidity. Go ahead now - give me your best "LMAO" and call me a good little lemming as you attempt to distract even further in defense of your Messiah.

Yes, both can be a part of the solution.... But you and the article and Bush are flat out wrong on the impact of off shore drilling. The comparison used by your article and highlighted by you are faulty. The fact that they were based on Bush estimates simply made it funny as well.

Again, you fail to address the point I did make about his "suggestion". It assumes that the bulk of the country doesn't already do so and the comparison assumes that oil is used by vehicles only. It is not only misleading but quite dishonest. Which I believe was the whole point of your whine fest on the other thread.

"Again, you fail to address the point I did make about his "suggestion". It assumes that the bulk of the country doesn't already do so and the comparison assumes that oil is used by vehicles only. It is not only misleading but quite dishonest. Which I believe was the whole point of your whine fest on the other thread."

You have nothing to go on w/ this, and yet you do not hesitate to say that he's being dishonest.

As it turns out - and this is a shocker - you have no f**king clue what you are talking about. According to a recent survey, 85% of drivers do not know how to properly check their tire pressure, and 1 in 3 cars has a SIGNIFICANTLY under-inflated tire:

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/11/08/070109.html

Last edited:
"Again, you fail to address the point I did make about his "suggestion". It assumes that the bulk of the country doesn't already do so and the comparison assumes that oil is used by vehicles only. It is not only misleading but quite dishonest. Which I believe was the whole point of your whine fest on the other thread."

You have nothing to go on w/ this, and yet you do not hesitate to say that he's being dishonest.

As it turns out - and this is a shocker - you have no f**king clue what you are talking about. According to a recent survey, 85% of drivers do not know how to properly check their tire pressure, and 1 in 3 cars has a SIGNIFICANTLY under-inflated tire:

LOL I’m one of them.

I sure the fuck hope Obama shuts up about inflating tires.
The tired old fossil Mcain doesn't need more Help.

your about as dumb as a college educated poster can be Dhula.
He's going into the freaking stategic reserve!!!! Why??? TO INCREASE SUPPLY
No wonder you don't make shit for a living.

Was this the "game, set, match" post of the tire-gauge threads, or are you still working on how you're going to spin it?

Was this the "game, set, match" post of the tire-gauge threads, or are you still working on how you're going to spin it?

If you asking me, your link is a joke.
Auto channels sell these turbo spinners that get you more miles per gallon, do you have one. LOFL

85 percent of drivers do not know how to properly check their tire pressure.

Additionally, a 2007 RMA survey found:

-- Nearly seven in ten drivers say they wash their vehicles every month,
but barely more than half check tire pressure monthly.
-- 45 percent of drivers wrongly believe that the correct inflation
pressure is printed on the tire sidewall. (The "maximum" inflation
pressure is found on the tire sidewall. Instead, Goodyear reminds
motorists to check for a sticker on the driver's door or the fuel door,
or look in the vehicle owner's manual for the "recommended" inflation
pressure.)
-- 26 percent of drivers wrongly believe the best time to check tire
inflation is when the tires are warm, after being driven for at least a
few miles. (Check before driving, when tires are cold.)
-- 71 percent of drivers do not check the tire pressure in their spare
tire.

So lets see.... 66% of cars do not have a significantly underinflated tire and over half check their pressure on a monthly basis.

Good to see I was correct. Despite the fact that 85% do not know how to properly check their pressure... 66% still manage not to have a tire significanly undereinflated. Over 50% check their tires on a monthly basis.

Again.... The majority do not have a problem in this regard, despite the apparent lack of knowledge of how to properly check the tire.

I for one was not aware that it made a difference if you checked it after driving a few miles vs. before taking off. I usually do it at the station, which always requires a short drive. So I would have fallen into your 85%, yet my tires are always well inflated.

So the statistic to look at is that 66% (2 out of 3) are not significantly underinflated. Which backs my assumption that the majority do not have a problem in this regard. Add in the fact that I would be willing to bet most people take their vehicles in for regular tunes/oil changes and that makes the assumptions in your article (original) as bad as I said.

Add in the fact that you still did not address the point that oil is not only consumed by vehichles... so it is not the apples to apples comparison to off shore drilling that the article presented.

Back