Trump Advocates for State-Level Decision Making on Abortion Rights

In a recent video, Donald Trump articulated his stance on abortion, emphasizing that the matter should be decided by individual states rather than at the federal level. This announcement, shared on his Truth Social platform, ended months of speculation regarding his position. Trump conveyed that the decision on abortion rights should rest with state legislatures or through direct voter input, asserting that their resolutions should stand as the prevailing laws within each state.

Without specifying a timeframe, Trump outlined his perspective against the backdrop of varied state regulations following the Supreme Court's overturning of Roe v. Wade. He acknowledged that states might adopt different restrictions based on the collective will of their citizens.

Amidst the ongoing debate on abortion rights, Trump's comments come as both political parties eye the 2024 presidential election, with abortion access remaining a pivotal issue. President Joe Biden has been vocal about the impact of the Supreme Court's decision on women's health, supporting individuals like Amanda Zurawski of Texas and Kaitlyn Joshua of Louisiana. These women, facing dire medical situations under restrictive abortion laws, have decided to campaign for Biden, highlighting the personal stakes involved.

Furthermore, as misinformation campaigns targeting Latino voters ramp up, efforts like those by La Campesina, a Spanish-language radio network, aim to provide accurate information on voting and election processes. This outreach underscores the importance of informed voting on critical issues, including abortion rights.

Trump, while positioning himself as a pro-life advocate, has critiqued his party's rigid stance on abortion, suggesting that inflexibility on exceptions for rape, incest, and maternal health has cost Republicans elections. His recent remarks reflect an attempt to navigate the deeply polarized opinions on abortion, proposing a consensus around a potential 15-week national ban, a position that aligns with some segments within the pro-life movement.

As the political landscape evolves, the issue of abortion rights continues to stir significant debate, with the Supreme Court's decision reshaping the battleground. This ongoing discourse highlights the complex interplay between personal beliefs, political strategy, and the legal framework governing abortion in the United States.

Contributions to this report were made by Michelle L. Price of The Associated Press.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-abortion-2024-ban-7bf06e0856b88a710c79a6eb85cffa6a

So Trump supports democracy?

That will make the Stalinist democrats hate him even more. democrats BITTERLY hate democracy.

He is desperate to get on the other side of this issue.

I am glad to see he agrees with Biden on this part of the issue.

Comrade Fake Lawyer - isn't that EXACTLY what Dobbs did - put the issue to the states and the people? You know, "democracy?"

I wonder if he still supports women getting prosecuted?

I still wonder how many abortions he has paid for?

I wonder if you've ever posted anything on topic and rational?

Why do you Marxists hate democracy? Why does it anger you so deeply that the people be allowed to decide?

I wonder if you've ever posted anything on topic and rational?

Why do you Marxists hate democracy? Why does it anger you so deeply that the people be allowed to decide?

Let’s go look at which party has been caught for decades cheating voters out of their rights

The facts fuck you Republicans bought by Russia and your lame assed lies

Sounds good to me, TOP.
I honestly don't care if Biden is campaigning on free heroin for elementary school students.
I really don't.

Virtually any priority other than stopping Trump is in my view a highly immoral priority
and a stance of belligerence taken against me and my family personally.

I don't want the leader of devolved mutants in the Oval Office again.
His having been there once is a humiliation that will take at least decades for humanity to overcome.
I shan't recover from it in my short remaining lifetime.

Well obviously - you are a Stalinist - sociopathic with utterly zero ethical or moral code. You want absolute power for your party and view all people as expendable in pursuit of that goal.

The question is whether Biden is harming his chances with his positions?

I fully support the Marxist democrats running on a platform of forced gender reassignment for all white 6 year olds along with offering bounties to girls under 12 who have abortions.

I think democrats should use "We're coming for your children" as the slogan for the party. I mean, it's accurate and really captures the soul of the party.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/court-cases/dnc-v-rnc-consent-decree

In 1982, after caging in predominantly African-American and Latino neighborhoods, the Republican National Committee and New Jersey Republican State Committee entered into a consent decree with their Democratic party counterparts. Under that decree and its 1987 successor, the Republican party organizations agreed to allow a federal court to review proposed “ballot security” programs, including any proposed voter caging.

The consent decree has been invoked several times, by the parties to the decree and by others. In late 2008, the Democratic National Committee and Obama for America sought to enforce the consent decree, claiming that the RNC had not submitted alleged ballot security operations for review. After the election, the RNC asked the federal court to vacate or substantially modify the decree. The court denied the RNC’s motion to vacate the consent decree and ordered the decree remain in effect until December 2017. The RNC then appealed to the Third Circuit, which unanimously rejected the appeal and affirmed the District Court’s decision. A subsequent petition for rehearing en banc by the full Third Circuit, and a certiorari petition to U.S. Supreme Court, were denied.

There is no like record in the courts for the Democratic party

Free heroin for elementary school students wouldn't be the best idea... Just Is my humble opinion as an educator and a mom...

But don't you agree that it's a position Joe Biden should advertise heavily?

"I'm Joe Biden, vote for me and I'll give your children heroin!"

I know that you don't like Trump ...similarly I don't like Biden... It will take decades for this country to recover... The last three and a half years have been a personal offense to all Americans and our families... I agree..

Yep, building takes a long time. Biden came in and burned everything down - that goes quickly.

Well obviously - you are a Stalinist - sociopathic with utterly zero ethical or moral code. You want absolute power for your party and view all people as expendable in pursuit of that goal.

The question is whether Biden is harming his chances with his positions?

I fully support the Marxist democrats running on a platform of forced gender reassignment for all white 6 year olds along with offering bounties to girls under 12 who have abortions.

I think democrats should use "We're coming for your children" as the slogan for the party. I mean, it's accurate and really captures the soul of the party.

Suck that Putin cock lie bag

But don't you agree that it's a position Joe Biden should advertise heavily?

"I'm Joe Biden, vote for me and I'll give your children heroin!"

Yep, building takes a long time. Biden came in and burned everything down - that goes quickly.

The trump White House was caught handing out drugs to their staff on demand

Including the infamous rape drugs

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/tr...ided-drugs-misused-funds-pentagon-2024-01-28/

WASHINGTON, Jan 28 (Reuters) - The White House Medical Unit during the Trump administration provided prescription drugs, including controlled substances, to ineligible staff and spent tens of thousands of dollars more on brand-name drugs than what generic equivalents would have cost, a Pentagon report shows.
The unit, part of the White House Military Office, did not comply with federal government and Department of Defense guidelines, the report, opens new tab, which was released on Jan. 8, found.

Ineligible staffers received free specialty care and surgery at military medical facilities and were provided with prescription drugs including controlled substances, in violation of federal law, the report also found.
"The White House Medical Unit's pharmaceutical management practices ineffectively used DoD funds by obtaining brand‑name medications instead of generic

The trump White House was caught handing out drugs to their staff on demand

Including the infamous rape drugs

Sure Truthy...

Just because you're a pathological liar who has no grasp on reality doesn't mean people shouldn't believe your insane rambling....

Indeed.

And TOP is case # 1 on that.

She will complain about inflation and people not 'feeling' better off while mocking the significant wins Biden has made for the MC and below on saving them money on Healthcare. That puts money directly in the pockets of those who need it most, and who were paying 10-20 times or more for the SAME medications that those in Canada or Europe were getting for much cheaper.

Indeed there is something wrong with a person, like that.

Absolutely wrong. But then, what do you expect from someone who constantly cries that everything is worse now, but who has yet to show a single example of HOW it is worse and HOW Pres. Biden caused it to be worse. It's just more inane and mindless repetition of lies.

We probably shouldn't even mention that when lower-income ppl can save money in one area, they spend it in another -- which drives the economy and creates jobs.

No way... It's much much worse now.. Believe me ... I wish it wasn't so... I'm not really political....That's what let's me take a look at the way things really are... And the honest about it... I don't disagree with you that there are concerns about Trump... But four more years of joe is certain death for America as we know and love it....
We at least need a chance to recover...

Why would anyone believe a well-known liar? What is not "political" about your skewed and fucked up POV, when you constantly blame Biden for it? Is he not a politician?

Question: Why can't you elaborate on exactly how America is so "broken" and how Biden supposedly "broke" it?

Answer: Because you can't. You have no credible source for this belief except for your dark hatred of any (D) politician, esp. non-white ones like Kamala, who you harp on almost as much as you do Joe.

Back