Trump is not a racist

We already know that you think you can frame Trump as a racist if you remove race from the equation and pretend like Mexican is a race. Let's have some fun here and pretend like Mexican is one of the five races recognized by the US Census. Assuming that Mexican is now an actual race, which it most certainly is NOT, let's see you prove he is racist against the "Mexican race".

that's how trump pretends to be racist, by making the media misinterpret and abuse words and meanings.

Just two things you can be pretty certain of around here...
No one is really on ignore...
Those who claim they don't believe in prayer or God (any more)?....They are the ones praying the hardest when there's a personal crisis....

Those who claim they don't believe in prayer or God (any more)?....They are the ones praying the hardest when there's a personal crisis....

Why do rightys say things like that? There is no god and praying is a waste of time. I have not prayed or even thought about it since I was 12 and became way too smart for religion. Thinking and science sweep those ancient beliefs off the map.
I have a person on ignore . So you are 0 for 2.

Why do rightys say things like that? There is no god and praying is a waste of time. I have not prayed or even thought about it since I was 12 and became way too smart for religion. Thinking and science sweep those ancient beliefs off the map.

She is " 0 for 2020".

Nope, wrong on both counts.

No one is really on ignore around here....So when there's a crisis, you just cross your fingers and hope for the best? How's that working out?;) You're not one of those "noodlefarians", are you? R-amen....? They're not fooling anyone;)

No one is really on ignore around here....So when there's a crisis, you just cross your fingers and hope for the best? How's that working out?;) You're not one of those "noodlefarians", are you? R-amen....? They're not fooling anyone;)
Exactly how does prayer solve any crisis? It has the same effect as crossing your fingers in my experience.

Exactly how does prayer solve any crisis? It has the same effect as crossing your fingers in my experience.

Some find comfort in it. Others? Well, they pray and pray that their Internet enemies will wake up dead. Yet here we are. :laugh:

I had two life-changing disasters in my life, within 18 months of each other. One was a ruptured brain aneurysm; the other was the death of my husband. I didn't pray at either time. I trusted the doctors and my overall excellent health to pull me through the first one. With the second, it was the support of loved ones and a group for young widows that I belonged to.

The gods help those who help themselves.

As for the other lie about ignore lists, it's doubtful that I put all these ppl on there in the last five mins. lol

T6H3Icw.jpg

I'm going to stay with these opinions:
I'll also read and consider the replies from those who disagree with me...that's what these threads are all about....

Some find comfort in it. Others? Well, they pray and pray that their Internet enemies will wake up dead. Yet here we are. :laugh:

I had two life-changing disasters in my life, within 18 months of each other. One was a ruptured brain aneurysm; the other was the death of my husband. I didn't pray at either time. I trusted the doctors and my overall excellent health to pull me through the first one. With the second, it was the support of loved ones and a group for young widows that I belonged to.

The gods help those who help themselves.

As for the other lie about ignore lists, it's doubtful that I put all these ppl on there in the last five mins. lol

T6H3Icw.jpg
I understand that people find it comforting, I find meditation comforting, but relying on prayer to solve problems, that I’ve never understood.

I understand that people find it comforting, I find meditation comforting, but relying on prayer to solve problems, that I’ve never understood.

Most things work themselves out. Ppl who pray for the help of the gods will then attribute that to their intervention. There's not much difference between that and ancient peoples making sacrifices to the gods to end a drought or make the volcano stop erupting.

I'll also read and consider the replies from those who disagree with me...that's what these threads are all about....
I think of a lovely family I know, he’s about 100 lbs overweight as a result of his weight he has back problems and diabetes. He prays for God to heal him. I told him to put down the fork and start walking. I think exercise and changing his diet would do more for him than prayer.

Most things work themselves out. Ppl who pray for the help of the gods will then attribute that to their intervention. There's not much difference between that and ancient peoples making sacrifices to the gods to end a drought or make the volcano stop erupting.
Exactly, they work themselves out or you take action with the help of others to solve the problem.

^ :laugh:

4JglchG.jpg

I think of a lovely family I know, he’s about 100 lbs overweight as a result of his weight he has back problems and diabetes. He prays for God to heal him. I told him to put down the fork and start walking. I think exercise and changing his diet would do more for him than prayer.
I'm sure you're advice would be very helpful. I'm also pretty sure he's not counting on God to melt off the pounds as he sleeps....
But....If you think they're a "lovely family" you wouldn't be mocking him and his faith, would you? Even if he is very devout....
You sound confused about people who still pray...and why they choose to do so....I think that happens sometimes when people abandon the religious beliefs they were raised with...something you have the absolute right to do, btw....
Hope you continue to encourage your friend to get healthy:) Ignore his prayers....

I'm sure you're advice would be very helpful. I'm also pretty sure he's not counting on God to melt off the pounds as he sleeps....
But....If you think they're a "lovely family" you wouldn't be mocking him and his faith, would you? Even if he is very devout....
You sound confused about people who still pray...and why they choose to do so....I think that happens sometimes when people abandon the religious beliefs they were raised with...something you have the absolute right to do, btw....
Hope you continue to encourage your friend to get healthy:) Ignore his prayers....
I’m pretty sure he wants God to heal his diabetes and back pain. I think he’d like God to melt the pounds so he doesn’t have to give up his cheeseburgers and ice cream and take up exercise. I think he knows what he needs to do, but getting healthy is hard work. He doesn’t seem to want to do the hard work, so instead he prayers for God to heal him.

I am not at all confused Top and you may continue to pray all you want. I just don’t find the need to pray. If it makes you feel better, good for you.

I’m pretty sure he wants God to heal his diabetes and back pain. I think he’d like God to melt the pounds so he doesn’t have to give up his cheeseburgers and ice cream and take up exercise. I think he knows what he needs to do, but getting healthy is hard work. He doesn’t seem to want to do the hard work, so instead he prayers for God to heal him.

I am not at all confused Top and you may continue to pray all you want. I just don’t find the need to pray. If it makes you feel better, good for you.
Help out your friend-continue to encourage him to diet and exercise...you seem to know him very well and you have a pool...best exercise ever...;)
(As for prayer? See how easy that was? We agreed to disagree ;)

Back