trump: oblivious moron or psychotically narcissistic oblivious moron?

DDx-qvrWsAAk9mX.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, and a word for the cause.

I would like to see the old place lose popularity. That said, I have not and will not call for a boycott or anything like that. Am I disappointed to see that some liberals still spend all or most of their time there exchanging "wit" with SPRAYIT and ChlamydiaBear? Sure, but to each his own. My suggestion, if you are bored with the pace of this thread, but prefer not to look at crying baby pictures or read down-under wisdom, click the "new posts" button at the upper left and visit some other threads. There's lots of prey and occasional bouts of substance. If you do that, I believe you will find this place is even more active than the last one. Also, you might find some new blood worth being part of a building something better, maybe making this thread more active and diverse in the process.

Welllll, but by your own admission, Ricky, you like whacking rightards.

And that's fine. As Alec Baldwin once said, everybody needs a hobby....

Still, you cannot slam others for their exchanges with Princess Butthurt-Snowflake and Glug, without, ahh, raising eyebrows.

I like it here, I like some of the people I have found here. IAC this place has an ignore function also. Unfortunately the search function sucks, as it did at the place we inhabited two moves ago, which used/uses the same software. Ah well.

I hesitate to use the term "inbred", but at the least, our group was for a while somewhat stuck in a rut. Change is good. Within limits.

Accusing me of being a leader is the surest way I can think of to erase any influence I might have with our mob. That said, I've done a fair amount of looking around here, and I don't see a virginal salon of deep thinkers debating with their pinkies extended. You've got looney tune flamers here in significant numbers who can compete with the worst of the airhead feeb-wits we left behind. Hell, the Millie who haunts this place does little more than hide in a bunker and fling limp-wristed shots at people he claims to be ignoring.

I like the way you fight, but I don't think you are of any greater risk of contamination by invaders than we are in by drinking the local water.
Cool. OK. fair enough - welcome.

don't know/don't care. I just do not want a hornets nest.I have trudged thru way too many messageboards to find some semblance of a place to engage in intellectal discourse

Bill Maher Boards (HBO)
Political Groove
Debate Politics ( still there)
DC Junkies -kaput

inevitably some goofball pisses off another nut, and the whole thing crashes and burns.
I am tired of being an internet gypsy,and would like to unpack once and for all.

Well, I don't think it will happen. Put down stakes in one place, it will sooner or later be annihilated, you will be obliged to move.

Our group has been together for 18+ years, inhabiting (some would say, infesting) some half-dozen boards.

That doesn't make it "better" than whatever, and it isn't, in and of itself, anything to brag about. But it is significant, in its own way.

The point is, we know each other, we often know each other offline, in any case know each others' strengths and weaknesses, fields of expertise and blind spots. That eliminates the need for how-do-you-do, I'm-blahblahblah, etc.

But, as I just posted to Ricky, this can result in an atmosphere that is somewhat...suffocating..........

Well, I don't think it will happen. Put down stakes in one place, it will sooner or later be annihilated, you will be obliged to move.

Our group has been together for 18+ years, inhabiting (some would say, infesting) some half-dozen boards.

That doesn't make it "better" than whatever, and it isn't, in and of itself, anything to brag about. But it is significant, in its own way.

The point is, we know each other, we often know each other offline, in any case know each others' strengths and weaknesses, fields of expertise and blind spots. That eliminates the need for how-do-you-do, I'm-blahblahblah, etc.

But, as I just posted to Ricky, this can result in an atmosphere that is somewhat...suffocating..........

"Everything is Impermanent". The Taliban blew up the world's largest Standing Buddha. Afterwards the world mourned the cultural heritage loss. Buddhist looked the the rubble as the the continuim of the statue.
Everything is in a state of birth and rebirth ( change of state). The world and the sun and the stars will crumble//

I would like to get as much of a pause from saṃsāra as possible while here.

After 1,700 years, Buddhas fall to Taliban dynamite
Buddha of Bamiyan statue stands over 150 feet high above a small town situated at the foot of the Hindu Kush mountains of central Afghanistan, prior to its destruction

Merlin_23939724.jpg

After failing to destroy the 1,700-year-old sandstone statues of Buddha with anti-aircraft and tank fire, the Taliban brought a lorryload of dynamite from Kabul. A Western observer said: "They drilled holes into the torsos of the two statues and then placed dynamite charges inside the holes to blow them up."

The operation to wreck the statues carved into a cliff in the Bamiyan Valley in the Hindu Kush mountains of central Afghanistan was supervised by Mullah Obaidullah, the Taliban defence minister
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...0-years-Buddhas-fall-to-Taliban-dynamite.html

Oh, and a word for the cause.

I would like to see the old place lose popularity. That said, I have not and will not call for a boycott or anything like that. [...]

So, why the eff not?

Whoever still posts over there is ratifying what's been done to BV, and performatively excuses the snitches. The latter have blown up the group by causing the ouster of one of the group's most valuable posters, and the former validate the result. It is, in its own small way, yet another demonstration of the pathetic spinelessness I see in many liberals, who would screech about "That is wrong, wrong, oh so terribly wrong", and then turn around and waddle on as if nothing had happened, tail tugged between their legs. It appears, they sit down with the snitches, watch them gloat over their "victory", and they don't have the sense how shameful and humiliating their lack of spine and conviction is.

Really?

Quite a few of them rose and found their voice opposing the conviction of our resident exterminative "gene pool" racist. Yet just a handful found the will-power to leave when that "favor" was not returned. Screw them. Their mindless, entirely inconsequential key-banging along with their vacuous moral grandstanding aren't worth anyone's time, and haven't been in a long while.

So, why the eff not?

Whoever still posts over there is ratifying what's been done to BV, and performatively excuses the snitches. The latter have blown up the group by causing the ouster of one of the group's most valuable posters, and the former validate the result. It is, in its own small way, yet another demonstration of the pathetic spinelessness I see in many liberals, who would screech about "That is wrong, wrong, oh so terribly wrong", and then turn around and waddle on as if nothing had happened, tail tugged between their legs. It appears, they sit down with the snitches, watch them gloat over their "victory", and they don't have the sense how shameful and humiliating their lack of spine and conviction is.

Really?

Quite a few of them rose and found their voice opposing the conviction of our resident exterminative "gene pool" racist. Yet just a handful found the will-power to leave when that "favor" was not returned. Screw them. Their mindless, entirely inconsequential key-banging along with their vacuous moral grandstanding aren't worth anyone's time, and haven't been in a long while.

GlennB got rid of Moondoggie and you didn't complain. I did!!

Greg

Yup, I've said before that the part of trumpism that isn't about validation of bigotry is really nothing more than an appeal to losers with hurt feelings over the perception that others look down on them. I suppose even much of their hurt feelings are also rooted in the bigotry of not being able to soothe their self-pity by at least having some race or, religion, or ethnic group they can look down on. trump is giving that back to them. They don't care about America or anyone else but their Deplorable herd. The fact that we do look down on these crybabies and their need to blame others for their inadequacies in no way justifies their bratty tantrum.

'Our' bratty tantrum lol?

That's a good one.

So, why the eff not?

Really?

olde, if only you could send them to a re-education camp, eh?

At least it has been made clear that not playing nice and fair is what made one of the greatest judicial minds...

Damn. I pridefully thought I understand English, but the above eludes me completely.

Whatever...

On this very day, let's remember what had been set out to accomplish, and what is currently in the process of being lost, maybe forever:

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

— That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

— That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.​

As the "Browning of America" looms, some, maybe even many, have resolved governments are to be instituted among (Wo-) Men not to reduce or avoid, but to inflict, suffering on the fellow Americans they've been taught to despise, for observing that, and the suffering, appears to be what ranks highest in their Pursuit of Happiness.

Damn. I pridefully thought I understand English, but the above eludes me completely.

Whatever...

On this very day, let's remember what had been set out to accomplish, and what is currently in the process of being lost, maybe forever:

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

— That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

— That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.​

As the "Browning of America" looms, some, maybe even many, have resolved governments are to be instituted among (Wo-) Men not to reduce or avoid, but to inflict, suffering on the fellow Americans they've been taught to despise, for observing that, and the suffering, appears to be what ranks highest in their Pursuit of Happiness.

Mixed tense.

Bollocks!!

Greg

Whatever...

CNM was being sarcastic I believe. Rarely works well here.

Yup. That seems to be the fall-back position of modern fundamentalism. Understanding Tillich, like science and evolution, was just too much.

CNM was being sarcastic I believe. Rarely works well here.

Yup. That seems to be the fall-back position of modern fundamentalism. Understanding Tillich, like science and evolution, was just too much.

Do you think the signees of the Declaration were globalists?

Back