trump: oblivious moron or psychotically narcissistic oblivious moron?

As usual, astutely aware of the inanity of your comment, you attach your drooling giggle to signal that you don't wish to be mistaken for anything other than a giggling goof.

But then, why don't you walk a mile in "Their" shoes, bring your much-vaunted "cultural values" to bear, and answer the question yourself? Give it your best shot, and demonstrate that these "cultural values", in practice, amount to more than just "I've got mine, up yours!"

Cultural relativism is for the brain dead.

19665369_10214227837196703_8799094234810298292_n.jpg

I don't know whether, as stated, that's true. That begins with talking about "culture" with our rightards to always include scare quotes, as they have very little grasp of what that actually is in the West - beginning with their usually brutal treatment of that culture's very foundation, the English language - and next to none regarding the Middle East.

Looking back into history, we watch "Western cultures" creating their wealth and developmental opportunities on the backs of brown and black peoples, by way of exploitation either directly or through "resource extraction", ranging from slavery to oil, and manipulating or enforcing conditions favorable to this exploitation and extraction "over there". So, in a way, what we created were mirror images of our predatory nature, from India to the Middle East to Africa, usually leaving utter destitution and tin pot dictators, not to mention ethnic and religious strife, in our wake, and to this day saddling many of them with the "resource curse". When the Britons started to take over India, the country accounted for 25% of the world's GDP. When the Britons were thrown out after WWII, India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh, mired in interminable strife, combined accounted for less than 1%. We taught them "civilization" good and hard.

Arguably, based on the immense wealth extracted from brown folks, "Western cultures" escaped their backwardness once they resolved, not without screeching resistance in the form of predicting doom and destruction, to grant woman self-determination, against Christian worthies at the forefront of the most indolent counter-revolutionaries, and to give lowly workers a seat at the table. At the time when the West underwent that transformation, the rest of the world was under the West's thumb, poor, oppressed, and destitute, and deprived of the ingenuity and civilizing influence of women, and neither the time, energy, and self-organization to make that transition.

Unsurprisingly, what our rightards set out to do most, knowingly or not, is to remove these two pillars of the West's standards, with nothing ranking higher on their list than making life as hard as possible for those "down there" - no health care, no food stamps, no union representation - and showing women their place - also down there - not least in the form of reduced or eliminated reproductive self-determination.

So, if we are to determine "backwardness" elsewhere, that's not what "Deplorables hate"; rather at its foundation it's exactly what constitutes every good rightard's wet dream.

I did not say that western culture and Islamic culture were identical. And, I certainly did not say and do not agree with the concept that Deplorable culture defines western or even American culture. I agree that Deplorable culture is particularly close to Islamic culture in its sexual attitudes, religious chauvinism, and fondness for theocratic rule, generally. I do say western culture has more in common with Islamic culture than it does with any other culture I can think of. Their dominant religion shares the same Gawd. Generally, they share the same repressed sexual mores, if the west has liberalized some recently. Both have seen religion dominate their culture. Both have a history of being aggressive toward others. There's more.

There are differences, of course. Not least of these and one of the reasons Islam is growing is that Muslim culture has been less hampered by racism.

All of that said, and responding to your accurate description of the depredations of western imperialism, I feel compelled to point out that there were benefits of this, also. War and conquest has been a major force for cultural diffusion. In many (all?) cases western imperialism led to more rights for females for example. When I taught World History recently, looking at cultural diffusion as the force behind cultural "growth" (a loaded term) was a constant theme. Toward the end of the year, I asked Native American students how many of them would prefer their culture had never contacted Europeans. Would they prefer their old culture, untainted by Europeans and their technology, or would they prefer the culture they have today.

I was surprised at first at what was pretty much a 50-50 split. About half went for Native pride and half preferred cell phones and Vin Diesel movies. Now, these were kids. I think "genocide" was a distant abstract. Also, the Navajos have done more than most to retain their own culture - Navajo language is a required class in pubic schools - so, they have not lost as much of their culture as many. I do believe their parents and grandparents would have a different attitude toward modern western culture. There are still some old ones who don't speak English, tending sheep in isolation. However, I did speak to Navajos of my age and older who said they thought the "Indian schools" they were forced to attend in their younger days were a good thing over all. They were taken from their families for months and even years at a time. They were beaten for speaking their native tongue. Despite that they say it was a net plus.

Okay, I know I'm rambling some here. I just got up. But, I thought I would add one more thing. My half-Apache daughter is active in protests against the Washington Redskins, demanding a name change. I never met a Navajo on the reservation who was bothered by it. Cultural diffusion is weird.

Last edited:
Should white Christian males pay reparations to non-whites for the centuries of oppression they inflicted on the brown/black peoples lol?

NO

we should all pay to make sure all children are fed, educated, have healthcare and safe places to live.

Instead you want to throw to the wind the next generation

tell us all that YEAR that the donnald wants to go back to when we were GREAT ?

what year was it that you conservitives want to go back to?

I bet the years you crave were the years that FDR made great.

trickle down didnt get us there

NO

we should all pay to make sure all children are fed, educated, have healthcare and safe places to live.

Instead you want to throw to the wind the next generation

tell us all that YEAR that the donnald wants to go back to when we were GREAT ?

what year was it that you conservitives want to go back to?

I bet the years you crave were the years that FDR made great.

trickle down didnt get us there

Why that's easy, they want to go back to 1973-!974 when they were ignoring Nixon impeachment proceedings instead watching Leave it to Beaver reruns of the ideal 1950s suburbia that didn't exist.

I want to bring up a bit of tackiness. Yesterday, I complained about ChlamydiaBear doing it, today I want to point at his twin twit from over there, SPRAYIT. Both of these feebs spend most of their time here just prolifically "groan"ing ever liberal post they see. SPRAYIT "groan"ed several of the latest posts, and never posted anything of his own while doing so. Can you think of any greater display of impotence you've seen here? Anyone want to dispute that such constant "groan"ing is pretty much the definition of a bitch?

it existed for SOME people

I live now in a neighborhood that reminds me of bein g a child in the 1950s of socal.

I live in a city that is 70 % latino

my street is easily 90% latino

little families moving in and fixing things up and playing with their kids in the yard they made beautiful.

its jsut like the 1950s but most of the peole are brown

nicest neighbors I ever had

it existed for SOME people

I live now in a neighborhood that reminds me of bein g a child in the 1950s of socal.

I live in a city that is 70 % latino

my street is easily 90% latino

little families moving in and fixing things up and playing with their kids in the yard they made beautiful.

its jsut like the 1950s but most of the peole are brown

nicest neighbors I ever had

Deplorables miss the days when being white and male was all you needed to know you would have a good economic future. You knew that you wouldn't have to put up with a black or female boss just because they were smarter or better qualified than you. Make America great again!

I just heard what I assume was trump's latest lie. I hesitate to say for sure it is the latest lie, because of the frequency with which he utters them. Bitch stood in front of the entire world and declared it was "only three or four" intelligence agencies that said Russia was behind the interference in our election. And that was part of his repeated attempts to diminish the actions of his master by saying some unnamed others were also in on it.

Ive owned this house for decades

I rented it and moved to vegas for like 15 years (job move)

its was nearly all white when I moved

Ive been back about 7 years

Its a BETTER neighborhood now

and its nearly all latino families

racists lie

I hate lies and liars

otis was amazing

being a little white girl in cali I rarely got to hear more music than my goldwater girl mom played on the radio (country)

I remember RELISHING the momments I got to hear songs like doc of the bay

they FILLED my soul withn joy

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...D83E4F34D2288DC7A5A8D83E4F34D2288DC&FORM=VIRE

I like pretty much anything Motown. I know Otis Redding was popular but I thought he was boring. 9 times out of ten I'd push another button on Otis looking for anything else. If it wasn't Motown I'd take these guys over Otis any day.

sweet ass stuff

yes motown killed

I was music starved as a kid

my mom only listened to country

Im sorry but otis was and still is awesome to me

I also loved cab calloway

you could see him on talk shows and the like

Thank you johnny carson

Last edited:
Back