trump: oblivious moron or psychotically narcissistic oblivious moron?

Maybe he should just go to Las Vegas, find an Elizabeth Shue lookalike and do the job properly like Nicholas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone 25S with cherries on top

No idea what happened in that movie; I don't watch many. I'll have to look that up.

Greg

Maybe he should just go to Las Vegas, find an Elizabeth Shue lookalike and do the job properly like Nicholas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas.

lol. Just read about it. Yes; the author topped themselves a couple of weeks after filming started. Riki did say once that his last intimate encounter was with a 21 yo. No guessing about her/his ...er...profession.

Greg

No idea what happened in that movie; I don't watch many. I'll have to look that up.

Greg

You can watch it on YouTube for free, not HD quality though. For a couple of quid you can rent it on YouTube as well.

Last edited:
Well, maybe...but then again, maybe the guy simply wants to take the opportunity to impress on the Trumps that Germany, at least, takes it all very, very seriously.

Yeah, near every German will assure you how very, very seriously "Germany" takes the earth's climate, and then he'll likely climb in his BMW or Daimler SUV and race off under billowing clouds of diesel soot and fumes, occasionally expressing his scathing discontent over slow, illegitimate impediments to his advance, like cyclists or silly crop like that.

Yeah, near every German will assure you how very, very seriously "Germany" takes the earth's climate, and then he'll likely climb in his BMW or Daimler SUV and race off under billowing clouds of diesel soot and fumes, occasionally expressing his scathing discontent over slow, illegitimate impediments to his advance, like cyclists or silly crop like that.
Welllll, "Germany" does not mean all Germans, and IAC change takes time.

BTW according to Ivan Illich,

Participatory democracy demands low energy technology, and free people must travel the road to productive social relations at the speed of a bicycle.

--Ivan Illich, Energy and Equity

And, elaborating,

Traffic grows indefinitely with the availability of transports. Beyond a critical threshold, the output of the industrial complex established to move people costs a society more time than it saves. The marginal utility of an increment in the speed of a small number of people has for its price the growing marginal disutility of this acceleration for the great majority.
Beyond a critical speed, no one can save time without forcing another to lose it.

ibid.

I have become a low-key Illich fan......

DELShMwVoAA0fiy.jpg

Yeah. Just like BO, Al Gore or Leo DiCaprio. But you can't blame them. They know it's a scam, so why should they worry about their "carbon footprint"?

Yeah. Just like BO, Al Gore or Leo DiCaprio. But you can't blame them. They know it's a scam, so why should they worry about their "carbon footprint"?

Which really means 'Why then should yaosa worry about his carbon footprint?'

Participatory democracy demands low energy technology, and free people must travel the road to productive social relations at the speed of a bicycle.

And, elaborating,

Traffic grows indefinitely with the availability of transports. Beyond a critical threshold, the output of the industrial complex established to move people costs a society more time than it saves. The marginal utility of an increment in the speed of a small number of people has for its price the growing marginal disutility of this acceleration for the great majority.
Beyond a critical speed, no one can save time without forcing another to lose it.

ibid.

Ivan Ilyich, sad short tale by tolstoy for anyone here who actually READS! Few, sadly.

And, elaborating,

ibid.

Just expressing my increasing frustration about the utter meaninglessness of an expression like "Germany takes seriously..." As it stands, the tendency towards ever more high-powered, heavier vehicles continues unabated, as does the shameful hypocrisy of both a indolent population and a bought and paid-for political class in the pockets of a powerful car industry. It is no accident that the VW scandal did not break in Germany; rather it's a feature, the result of abject subservience.

You've quoted Ivan Illich before, and I tend to agree, at least have a lot of sympathy, with most I've read. It's just so that the right of way of the fastest still carries more weight than that which is being inflicted upon the rest. "Change takes time" is correct. Just as a reminder: In a few years "Limits of Growth" will be half a century old.

The staunch Republican owner of our rural grocery store switched to paper bags. He may be an old-time Republican, but he's not an idiot.
much better for the ecology.
Down here they constantly rescue ( and find dead) sea turtles that get caught up or eat the plastic bags.

Plastic is eternal waste.

Back