trump: oblivious moron or psychotically narcissistic oblivious moron?

Really? Interesting? Hmmmm. The books I read cause me to optimistic, but the speed of the changes I've seen is depressing. Stupid (or perhaps simple) seems to be dominate in the relatively affluent, and the poor have limited options, so working with this dichotomy over 40-some years might give me a perspective worth noting.

I'll think on it.

I would think so.

Back to Regressive incompetence ...

Which do you think would hurt them more, continued ineptitude leading to no health care bill at all or them having to run on a bill that would appease a laissez-faire looney like Rand Paul?

Good question. I thought about that for a while, and came to the conclusion that the former would be more devastating, not because of anything healthcare-related, but because it makes the Trumpy look weak. Many of the Trumpletons, mostly good authoritarians, couldn't stomach that, I'd guess.

"A significant number of rural Americans believe President Obama was in charge when the financial crisis started. An even higher number believe the mortgage crisis was the result of the government forcing banks to give loans to unqualified minorities. It doesn’t matter how untrue both of these things are, they are gospel in rural America. Why reevaluate your beliefs and voting patterns when scapegoats are available?"

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/rural-america-understanding-isnt-problem

"A significant number of rural Americans believe President Obama was in charge when the financial crisis started. An even higher number believe the mortgage crisis was the result of the government forcing banks to give loans to unqualified minorities. It doesn’t matter how untrue both of these things are, they are gospel in rural America. Why reevaluate your beliefs and voting patterns when scapegoats are available?"

Urban and rural Americans both believe Obama made secret cash payments by the planeload to Iran. That's why Hillary lost.

Good question. I thought about that for a while, and came to the conclusion that the former would be more devastating, not because of anything healthcare-related, but because it makes the Trumpy look weak. Many of the Trumpletons, mostly good authoritarians, couldn't stomach that, I'd guess.
For once I disagree. I think.
They seem to be able to stomach anything, especially the worst of his vices. But on the other hand, the combination of ignorance and arrogance is usually, eventually, fatal.

These are interesting times.

Yes we all remember how you thought Prof. Richard Lindzen had an alias of Alfred P Sloan and kept on calling me a liar.

Richard Lindzen is the Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Atmospheric Sciences, Emeritus at Massachusetts Institute​ of Technology.

http://merionwest.com/2017/04/25/ri...-on-the-public-discourse-over-climate-change/

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

No "we" don't. And that link doesn't support your assertions. See how you are?
She doesn't have to do anything. Why do you say stupid stuff?

Last edited:
For once I disagree. I think.
They seem to be able to stomach anything, especially the worst of his vices. But on the other hand, the combination of ignorance and arrogance is usually, eventually, fatal.

These are interesting times.

That may well all be true, X.O., but I don't know how the rubes would even detect "ignorance". What I am thinking about isn't about any vices, which you rightly say they more or less gloatingly accept, but about the central feature that draws authoritarians to strongmen. This, naturally, is strength, at least the perception thereof. If, or so I'd guess, one of the central themes of GOP ideology and the Trumpy's sloganeering falls apart, it should be quite obvious he can't get things done, and that signals the opposite of strength.

But then, I've been wrong about Trump time and again during the last 18 months, so there...

Interesting times indeed, and they're bound to become more interesting still in case the authoritarians' attachment to their Dear Leader falls apart. It is perfectly unclear to me who would even be able to reach them after that, and where they'd turn next. I, for one, am frightened to death they might increasingly turn to their guns to protect the then-leaderless homeland against enemies within.

Yes we all remember how you thought Prof. Richard Lindzen had an alias of Alfred P Sloan and kept on calling me a liar.

Evince went so far as to create a threat for no purpose other than to apologize for the error. You bringing it up, holding it against him/her on another thread, makes you a vengeful low-life.

That may well all be true, X.O., but I don't know how the rubes would even detect "ignorance". What I am thinking about isn't about any vices, which you rightly say they more or less gloatingly accept, but about the central feature that draws authoritarians to strongmen. This, naturally, is strength, at least the perception thereof. If, or so I'd guess, one of the central themes of GOP ideology and the Trumpy's sloganeering falls apart, it should be quite obvious he can't get things done, and that signals the opposite of strength.

But then, I've been wrong about Trump time and again during the last 18 months, so there...

Interesting times indeed, and they're bound to become more interesting still in case the authoritarians' attachment to their Dear Leader falls apart. It is perfectly unclear to me who would even be able to reach them after that, and where they'd turn next. I, for one, am frightened to death they might increasingly turn to their guns to protect the then-leaderless homeland against enemies within.

You predict Reps will eventually end up where Dems are now.

They are morons.

No "we" don't. And that link doesn't support your assertions. See how you are?
She doesn't have to do anything. Why do you say stupid stuff?
Of course you don't you weren't even here ffs. If you want to defend the psycho and be her Sir Galahad then go ahead. We've had years and years of the dozy bint's craziness and you been here all of one day!!

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

Back