trump: oblivious moron or psychotically narcissistic oblivious moron?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/28/opinion/trump-china-asia-pacific-trade-tpp.html

[...]You have to admire the Chinese combination of toughness, patience and savvy. One day I hope America again will have a president with such attributes — not a sucker for flattery, not an ignorant ideologue who rips up treaties he hasn’t even read, not a made-for-television negotiator who throws his best leverage out the window​

Yeah, but you got to savor the irony of this coming from a devoted Bush-fluffer and unabashed Iraq warmonger. That this moron still has gainful employment anywhere in the political press is a sign as bad as any as to the state of the U.S. Fourth Estate. Moreover, if you look somewhat more closely at his nonsense, you find expressions like this - "Out here everyone gets it" - which he cannot possibly support, and calling TPP a "treaty", which it isn't, which again means that the arrogant slob hasn't learned a thing, particularly not any respect for language. That latter, of course, separates the dwindling honest bunch from sleazebags like Friedman.

Lindzen is a true colossus in atmospheric physics, has written several hundred papers, was a lead author of Chapter 7, "Physical Climate Processes and Feedbacks," of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's Third Assessment Report on climate change and wrote a standard textbook entitled Dynamics in Atmospheric Physics.
He doesn't do too well in this statement from an address to the MIT in 1989

"I personally feel that the likelihood over the next century of greenhouse warming reaching magnitudes comparable to natural variability seems small"
https://skepticalscience.com/lindzen-illusion-2-lindzen-vs-hansen-1980s.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/28/opinion/trump-china-asia-pacific-trade-tpp.html

I don't agree with Friedman that the TPP would have been so wonderful, necessarily, but

Out here everyone gets it: China has Trump’s number. Its officials were afraid of him at first — with his tough trade talk. But they quickly realized how easy it was to distract him with shiny objects, like promises to defuse the North Korea threat for him or by giving stale sector-specific trade concessions, such as for American beef exports to China — things China has promised multiple presidents before — that Trump could brag about.

You have to admire the Chinese combination of toughness, patience and savvy. One day I hope America again will have a president with such attributes — not a sucker for flattery, not an ignorant ideologue who rips up treaties he hasn’t even read, not a made-for-television negotiator who throws his best leverage out the window — the ability to negotiate with China as the head of a trading bloc controlling 40 percent of the world’s economy — before he sits down at the table.

We may call him “Trump” in America, but here it’s pronounced “Chump.”

And the Chinese see it clearly, while American Deploreables continue to deny it...in public, at any rate.........

Friedman is a globalist who sees using the TPP s soft power.
That would be OK, except the TPP is garbage. Bernie and Trump both agree
Hillary agrees when she doesn't disagree. Last time I looked the wheel was on "no"

I wouldn't be surprised if China suckered gullible trump with some flattery and the empty promise that if he went through on his jingoistic promise to abandon the TPP, they would put pressure on Li'l Kim. It is my view that the TPP would also give us more leverage with China in terms of getting them to reign in their rabid pet.
Trump was against the TPP long before he became POTUS.

I'm not unpersuadable on the matter, but I think the TPP was a good idea, at least better than what we get by abandoning it. Probably the biggest reason for the TPP was to curb China's unscrupulous economic practices and its budding militaristic expansion. Without the TPP, Asian nations are more likely to submit to Chinese dominance. Now some might evoke the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere and say Asia for Asians, but it was the other Asian countries seeking US help against China.

I don't think there's a lot to Friedman's argument. Likely, it doesn't hold any water. TPP was mostly sailing under "trade" and "worker protection", when, actually, it was overwhelmingly about protecting international gamblers and vultures, with a tiny side of "workers". That's why neo-liberal assholes like Friedman whine about its demise. But then, that was about some sort of economic cooperation. Doesn't it strike you as odd that that thing was somehow supposed to alter the power balance in the Far East? If TPP had been ratified, the Chinese would suddenly start to dismantle their outposts in the South China Sea? I'd rather say, Friedman is kidding, to put it mildly.

I don't think there's a lot to Friedman's argument. Likely, it doesn't hold any water. TPP was mostly sailing under "trade" and "worker protection", when, actually, it was overwhelmingly about protecting international gamblers and vultures, with a tiny side of "workers". That's why neo-liberal assholes like Friedman whine about its demise. But then, that was about some sort of economic cooperation. Doesn't it strike you as odd that that thing was somehow supposed to alter the power balance in the Far East? If TPP had been ratified, the Chinese would suddenly start to dismantle their outposts in the South China Sea? I'd rather say, Friedman is kidding, to put it mildly.

It was supposed to be an alternative to Chinese hegemony, but the Chinese are way too committed to owning the S.China Sea. Their "10 dash line"directly violates a UN tribunal,so why would they care about an economic cooperation agreement?
map_TWYI.jpg

I am more than aware of you little children and what you are doing. And appropriate steps have been taken and are being pursued to protect myself.

Consider yourselves forewarned.

Now why not grow up and stop acting like little school girls?

You have your new forum.

Make the best of it and act your ages.

Are you "importing drama from another forum", "stranger"?

Why don't you hop your prissy dime dropping ass along?

I am more than aware of you little children and what you are doing. And appropriate steps have been taken and are being pursued to protect myself.

Consider yourselves forewarned.

Now why not grow up and stop acting like little school girls?

You have your new forum.

Make the best of it and act your ages.

Jesus. How did that get here to distribute its stench of wormdick?

- sorry about that, worms. My first ignore.

But there had to be a violation for it to stick.

I'll bet you're one of those people who if you witnessed a murder you wouldn't talk to the police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No...there didn't......in fact, in this case, the only actual violation was given a pass....

You should refrain from addressing subjects about which you know nothing...

Back