Trump Revealed Highly Classified Secrets to Russia Last Week

Trump and his surrogates coordinated 4 different stories about why he fired Comey first.

I'm inclined to believe journalists. This story still has to be validated, but why are there immediate calls that this is 'fake news'? Because Trump's surrogates have been so credible?

Because so many of the stories have been fake?

"In his meeting with Lavrov, Trump seemed to be boasting about his inside knowledge of the looming threat. “I get great intel. I have people brief me on great intel every day,” Trump said, according to an official with knowledge of the exchange."
:palm:

What a buffoon. No wonder the Russian figured they could exploit this moron. Well played.

"That's why my friends in my car club call me the cruiser, cuz...uh...I like fast cars and fast women" -Trump

Cue the chorus,

I am so tired of excuse after excuse and lie after lie coming from this administration and you apologists.

Trump is a showboat and grandstander. He can't keep classified information to himself if he thinks the person is talking to would be impressed by it. It's all about his ego

I've been consistent right down the line, thanks.

McMasters and all the people who were present say the WashPo story is false.

Anonymous sources vs people who were actually there. Why don't you take a deep breath and make sure this isn't more fake news before you get too excited.

You mean McMasters and all the other trump loyalists who have a vested interest in supporting him, right or wrong.

When "you guys" stop reporting it.

This is merely the latest example. No one even thinks there IS a wolf anymore.

It's a sad day for this country that trump is able to criticize the free press and bamboozle you that they print fake news, all at the same time.

When the public's right to know is threatened, and when the rights of free speech and free press are at risk, all of the other liberties we hold dear are endangered.
Christopher Dodd

The Founding Fathers gave the free press the protection it must have to bare the secrets of government and inform the people.
Hugo Black

...were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.
Thomas Jefferson

It's a sad day for this country that trump is able to criticize the free press and bamboozle you that they print fake news, all at the same time.

When the public's right to know is threatened, and when the rights of free speech and free press are at risk, all of the other liberties we hold dear are endangered.
Christopher Dodd

The Founding Fathers gave the free press the protection it must have to bare the secrets of government and inform the people.
Hugo Black

...were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.
Thomas Jefferson

Will you demand the unnamed sources for the WAPO fake story? Who told them that lie?

Or will you continue to be Ilse Koch and believe the lie?

Do everyone a favor and just accept that this is a legit story, because in a week you'll be apologizing for Trump and giving him a free pass. Like you always do, whoever you are.
No he won't. He's so far up trump's ass you can see Russia from there. I've been telling him for weeks that trump is a Russian operative.

I just didn't mention that it was due to his stupidity. Putin's 'useful' idiot.

How are you going to prove it's a lie, by taking the word of trump toadies? Lol.

For all we know there are no sources and WAPO made it up out of thin air, like Comey demanding more money.

If you had the brains to care about a free press you would demand WAPO starts naming names to give them a leeto credibility.

Deputy National Security Adviser Dina Powell said in a statement, “This story is false. The president only discussed the common threats that both countries faced.”

During President Trump’s meeting with Foreign Minister Lavrov a broad range of subjects were discussed among which were common efforts and threats regarding counter-terrorism,” Tillerson said. “During that exchange the nature of specific threats were discussed, but they did not discuss sources, methods or military operations.”

“There is nothing the president takes more seriously than the security of the American people. The story that came out tonight as reported is false,” McMaster told reporters outside the White House. “The president and the foreign minister reviewed a range of common threats to our two countries, including threats to civil aviation. At no time, at no time, were intelligence sources or methods discussed. And the president did not disclose any military operations that were not already publicly known.”

McMaster continued, “Two other senior officials who were present, including the Secretary of State, remember the meeting the same way and have said so. Their on-the-record accounts should outweigh anonymous sources. And I was in the room, it didn’t happen.”
that's a categorical universal denial from PEOPLE IN THE ROOM from some very serious persons who would not knowingly put their reputation on the line in such a public manner..

I think the big deal is the info came from partner sharing -which could be a violation of protocol.
But Russia had a legitimate need to know this -if POTUS deems that to be so.
As president, Trump is allowed to declassify information.

compare this to the "unnamed sources" ( who can say anything) .

it is all kind of shocking,” a former senior U.S. official who is close to current administration officials told the Post. “Trump seems to be very reckless and doesn’t grasp the gravity of the things he’s dealing with, especially when it comes to intelligence and national security. And it’s all clouded because of this problem he has with Russia.”
This looks like yet more Russiaphobes in the IC being pissed off and leaking *again where do these leaks come from? Congress?

and again notice the grudge language about Trump collusion (" problems with Russia")

Christopher Dodd

Hugo Black

Thomas Jefferson

I doubt the founders figured on a permanant disloyal press willfully hyping fake news.

Back