Voltaire and God

I think what Margot is actually saying is reasonable enough: "Given that someone feels they have met the Holy Spirit or have the Holy Spirit, how could they not believe?"

This is a reasonable position if one feels that the Holy Spirit is with them. I don't believe it is, as I originally thought, the standard "You have to believe before you can believe" which is a common religious theme. But not necessarily what Margot seems to be saying.

As for the "problem of evil" I would like to hear the answer as well. I'm generally "OK" with Leibniz's "best of all possible worlds" scenario but I can see some potential critiques such as "given that God can and did create EVERYTHING it would seem to be a limitation on God that He would be required in any way to create an imperfect world free of pain and suffering. The obvious answer is that He wanted it to contain pain and suffering. The alternative (and religious view) would be that mankind thwarted God's plans at perfection through their misapplication of free will. But then one would have to wonder why God wouldn't see that eventuality. It all seems to point to a God who is at least "OK" with the pain and suffering to some greater or lesser extent.
My full story is available
Melchizedek-Files.com

I am not an atheist.

But, other than guessing that a "Holy Spirit" actually exists...what else is there?

There is no way to verify that such a thing actually exists.
Don't you kind of wonder how this Holy Spirit story has still kept going on and on for 2000 years?
Yes I can't take a photo or tape the voice!
But prove to me that wind exists!

Don't you kind of wonder how this Holy Spirit story has still kept going on and on for 2000 years?
Yes I can't take a photo or tape the voice!
But prove to me that wind exists!
It is pretty amazing, isn’t it? The same goes for the creation myth, as well. Rational people know it’s a myth, but it survives in a literal sense for millions. Virgin births, as well. Resurrections.

Go figure.

Ummm, that's pretty easy. Just a piece of toilet paper in a strong breeze shows sufficient evidence that the wind exists.
So the reaction to wind is the proof!
That works with the Holy Spirit too.
Take me! I had Zero religious training or beliefs,had zero interest right up till I had an Epiphany of the Holy Spirit! Even then I wanted know part of it! But as I learned ,once Chosen there's no getting out!

It is pretty amazing, isn’t it? The same goes for the creation myth, as well. Rational people know it’s a myth, but it survives in a literal sense for millions. Virgin births, as well. Resurrections.

Go figure.
My website goes in detail of the creation and the why!

So the reaction to wind is the proof!
That works with the Holy Spirit too.
Take me! I had Zero religious training or beliefs,had zero interest right up till I had an Epiphany of the Holy Spirit! Even then I wanted know part of it! But as I learned ,once Chosen there's no getting out!
Amazing that the god of the universe would choose you. Why do you suppose that is?

Who is "villanizing" Christians on here?

And please don't say merely questioning the validity of Christian theology is "villanizing" them. That's absurd.

Almost everyone on here with maybe one exception are NOT on here slagging Christianity.
Cypress.

he says protestants are uniquely bad and idiotic for believing in their text..

catholics and all other religions are more meritorious, in his anti-christian view, for some vague reason.

Obviously when you Know the Holy Spirit it's not a "blind guess"!
But when one just imagines he/she "knows" the Holy Spirit...it still is a blind guess.

How do you know you are not just self-deluding when you suggest you KNOW the Holy Spirit?

But when one just imagines he/she "knows" the Holy Spirit...it still is a blind guess.

How do you know you are not just self-deluding when you suggest you KNOW the Holy Spirit?
Because I learned things from the Holy Spirit that I had no way of knowing!

Name one. I'd like to see something that there is no way of knowing except through this Holy Spirit.
I said me! I could have studied the Bible for decades and learned what was revealed ,but I didn't!
I had zero Biblical or religious knowledge when Chosen. But yet when I finally actually read a Bible ,there was everything I had been taught!
Melchizedek-Files.com

I said me! I could have studied the Bible for decades and learned what was revealed ,but I didn't!
I had zero Biblical or religious knowledge when Chosen. But yet when I finally actually read a Bible ,there was everything I had been taught!
Melchizedek-Files.com
You said you learned things from the Holy Spirit that you had no way of knowing.

Are you saying you did not know there was a Bible in existence?

Name something that YOU learned from the Holy Spirit that you had no other way of knowing. Otherwise acknowledge that you may be deluding yourself about this guess that there is a Holy Spirit.

Back