What about freedom FROM religion?

I'd say the guy who says the kind of shit you say is far more likely be called immature.
Such as what, Perry?

Let's compare notes of what you say and I say so we can scientifically determine who is more mature; the self-proclaimed PhD or the one with a Masters degree. :)

Definitely Trump since he worships money but I'm not sure of Tricky Dick. He strikes me as more of a non-denominational, non-practicing, lip-service Christian much like most JPP Trumpers.

I think somebody who isn't practicing Christianity, does not openly accept the tenets of the faith, and shows no interest in the Christian religious vision, most definitely is not a Christian. That covers Tricky Dick.

Most agnostics I know may be skeptical about the received scripture, myths, and rituals of world religions, but they seem to still have a vague interest in spirituality and transcendent wisdom, or at least open to the possibility..

That's not the vibe I get from Tricky Dick or Trumpf who seemed to be self interested, cynical, strict materialists.

I know this is difficult for you, Perry, but it's data gathering. Again, if you and I were the same but using a different VPN, all it takes is one mistake, one drunken night and "we'd" be busted. Both would be banned.

Dumbass; every time you log on, your VPN is added. Any mod can look at your VPNs and see the list. When I was traveling, my VPNs were from all over the nation plus from Canada and Mexico. The mods could see it.

FWIW, your PMs aren't private. LOL Why? Because it's a national security issue and also a liability issue for the owners of JPP.

LOL.

Lot's of atheists are assholes, look in the mirror
Nixon and Trump are not christians. Seems like you really want them to be, but there isn't the slightest evidence they practiced any form or practice of religion as adults

Most of what you write makes no sense.

I think somebody who isn't practicing Christianity, does not openly accept the tenets of the faith, and shows no interest in the Christian religious vision, most definitely is not a Christian. That covers Tricky Dick.

Most agnostics I know may be skeptical about the received scripture, myths, and rituals of world religions, but they seem to still have a vague interest in spirituality and transcendent wisdom, or at least open to the possibility..

That's not the vibe I get from Tricky Dick or Trumpf who seemed to be self interested, cynical, strict materialists.

Are you and Doc Dutch the same person? You're not a psycho hatemonger like Doc Dutch, but you are the only one who respects that hate filled stalker.

Such as what, Perry?

If you don't know then let's just see how it all works out for you.

Let's compare notes of what you say and I say so we can scientifically determine who is more mature; the self-proclaimed PhD or the one with a Masters degree. :)

You are FAR more obsessed with my PhD than even I am. LOL. You've raised it 1000X more than I ever did. But I get it. You couldn't achieve much in school. It's as common as dirt to see people like you. Big chip on your shoulder which you valiantly try to hide behind a mask of "I couldn't care less" superiority.

You failed.

I guess maybe I'm better at reading people than even you are.

Are you and Doc Dutch the same person? You're not a psycho hatemonger like Doc Dutch, but you are the only one who respects that hate filled stalker.

Yuppers. Cypress and Doc are rather different on the surface but Cypress has some screws that are a bit loose as well. He gets really bent when someone talks about atheism. He seems almost scared of the topic. And he will get SUPER THIN SKINNED if you say the wrong thing to him. He's not as nasty as Doc but he sure can get asymptotically close.

Doc is literally the only person with whom he'll discuss anything and that's solely because Doc always agrees with him. Neither of them can handle people disagreeing with them.

Lot's of atheists are assholes, look in the mirror

And there's a few agnostics who are douche nozzles as well. Look in the mirror.

You are TERRIFIED of atheism. Curious. Why? Why are so scared to accept that some people are OK with not believing?

Nixon and Trump are not christians.

Agreed. Trump for sure doesn't know the first foreign thing about the faith he leverages to get the rubes to vote for him.

Seems like you really want them to be, but there isn't the slightest evidence they practiced any form or practice of religion as adults

Maybe they're "Deists" like Lincoln :)

You seem really stressed out about Dutch. I get along fine with him even when we disagree, and I'm not the only one on the forum who gets along with him.

You only engage me with insults or monosyllabic grunts. I generally can count on Dutch to engage me with some good insights or interesting links

Seems like you want to think Jefferson was not closer to being an agnostic than any other descriptor that might be available.

I have no problem with that.

I always figured Jefferson and the other Deists of the Enlightenment were probably struggling with being an atheist. Religion, on its face, makes no sense to an organized thinker. And since they were all raised in the traditions of the western Christian Church most of them would have defaulted to understanding religion in that frame. So Jefferson took his Bible and eliminated all the supernatural stuff from Christ's actions. That's cool, it's effectively what I do and I'm a full-on atheist. The teachings are good but the idea of the supernatural is useless to me.

There's a possibility they truly believed there was some ineffible being outside of space and time, but I wonder how many were just desperately trying to AVOID falling into atheism.

(And yes I differentiate atheism from agnosticism since the agnostic feels the question can never be answered while the atheist can simply fail to believe in God. The example I gave to another poster is: "You are not agnostic about invisible elephants in the road as you drive but they COULD be there." The question is one of "I don't REALLY fully know". The atheist can answer it by saying "I simply fail to believe there are any invisible elephants in the road in front of me so I don't need to slow down on an open road.")

You seem really stressed out about Dutch. I get along fine with him even when we disagree, and I'm not the only one on the forum who gets along with him.

You only engage me with insults or monosyllabic grunts. I generally can count on Dutch to engage me with some good insights or interesting links

But you never tell Dutch he just "Frantically Googled" the answer. (And you know he does...just like you do)

You are pretty biased.

You're nuts.

That covers every Trumper on this forum who claims or hints they are a Christian. :)

She's upset with me. Unlike the crazies and poorly educated, BP actually has the potential to be something but she refuses to do it. IDK why.

But you never tell Dutch he just "Frantically Googled" the answer. (And you know he does...just like you do)

You are pretty biased.

Dutch is open and transparent about citing what sources he is using, and which is perfectly respectable. What is not respectable are the posters who frantically google for tidbits of scientific information and then rush back here to pass it off as their own original thoughts.

Back