What kind of "Christian values" do Conservatives want?

And abortion as well. I had a priest tell me once that if a woman had an abortion it didn't matter how much she repented and asked Jesus for forgiveness; it was a forever sin that could never be erased from her permanent record.

I am no longer Catholic. lol

I guess he didn't read the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Pardon me for butting in, but isn't this exactly the same as someone calling someone else a racist because he was called one first? "I know you are but what am I?"?? lol

The fact remains that most Christians -- and officially their churches as well -- disdain homosexuality and insist that it is sin rather than a natural human variant. This is puzzling to us non-Christians. God creates humans, they tell us. God creates gay humans, therefore. Man decides that God's gay creation is flawed, and treats him/her accordingly. This is not logical. Nor does it comport with their own religious tenets. It's not just Xtianity that does this, either. So does Islam.

It's the physical sexual act that is sin as it is detrimental to health and is a destruction of natural ways. Lust for lust's sake removing the very reason we are sexual beings, to begin with. That goes for straight people committing the act as well. Before the days of antibiotics, the act was a ticking time bomb for infection and illness.

And abortion as well. I had a priest tell me once that if a woman had an abortion it didn't matter how much she repented and asked Jesus for forgiveness; it was a forever sin that could never be erased from her permanent record.

I am no longer Catholic. lol

According to my cousin, the Catholic church in Quebec Province alienated French-Canadians and drove them from the pews because the priests were relentlessly harassing female parishioners to have more children and to stop using contraception.

You only hear of the more radical leanings of Christianity. The Christians and churches I know are more tolerant today and believe God will accept gays into heaven than the were 30 years ago.

But that isn't the point Stone was trying to pin me down because I used the term natural. He refuses to accept that the subject of homosexuality is much more complex that a simple it's natural or un-natural.

Some Christian church 's are nothing more than Republican social clubs,who think their Blond Blue eyes,capitalist ,gun carrying ,antigay Jesus is cool.
Giving traditional Christians a bad name

Clearly.

I never said it was caused by biology alone. In my last comment, I even said that orientation and gender are fluid.
So what are you doing here?

And just what does gender and orientation being fluid mean. I don't believe I have ever seen that term used.

I'm here posting my opinions just like you are sport!

Islam and Christianity oppose homosexuality because primitive societies require lots of warm bodies to survive and homosexuals do not reproduce.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

More complex than that!
I never met a hard core homophobic,who didn't have self loathing for their own surpressed homosexual urges

Christianity and Satanism were both created by a Jew.

Is that irony?
Actually, the modern concept of Satan was first mentioned in the New Testament as a temptor. The “satan” was a messenger of Yahweh in the Old Testament, he was under the Biblical god’s control, unlike the modern Christian concept that acts on his own and defies the god of the Bible.

The Origins of Satan by Elaine Pagels is excellent, im fact, I recommend all of her books.

Islam and Christianity oppose homosexuality because primitive societies require lots of warm bodies to survive and homosexuals do not reproduce.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Surprisingly, Atheist Communists didn't treat Homosexuals very well either, look at Che Guevara's Homosexual camps, or Stalin's criminalizing of Gays.

It's not just Christians, and Muslims, even Jews & Buddhists can be anti-Homosexual.

Even the Dali Lama speaks somewhat against Gays.

Of course, Orthodox Jews can be very anti-Homosexual, they have even beaten up Gays.

PS.
I'm not so sure I'd call Christianity as a primitive culture.

A lot of intellectual developments have been by Christians, including Catholic clergy.

And just what does gender and orientation being fluid mean. I don't believe I have ever seen that term used.

I'm here posting my opinions just like you are sport!

I have!On Facebook I had many attack me that gender has nothing to do with your sex parts.
Gender is your choice and you can change your gender at will.I don't agree with that,but many do now a days.

Actually, the modern concept of Satan was first mentioned in the New Testament as a temptor. The “satan” was a messenger of Yahweh in the Old Testament, he was under the Biblical god’s control, unlike the modern Christian concept that acts on his own and defies the god of the Bible.

The Origins of Satan by Elaine Pagels is excellent, im fact, I recommend all of her books.

Demonic figures are nothing new, they are called Trickster Gods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Trickster_gods

Correct,in the old testament ,Satan has the role of Prosecutor

Back