What makes a man gay?

Fair enough.

Your point is the point of my thread.

I was asking what makes someone gay.

Is it sex or attraction.

You say it's attraction.

So are you saying that those engaging in gay sex are not necessarily gay?

That would mean that may "gay" people are not actually gay just because they have gay sex.

So if you go to a gay pride march how many there do you figure are actually gay?

Wanting to engage in gay sex is what would make them gay.

Basically. Straight guys in prison raping other prisoners to show dominance may not be gay, so the act of sex isn't what would make them gay, it would be the wanting of that kind of sex with no urge to have sex with someone of the opposite sex.

Most christian pastors would tell you this as well when talking about the "sin" (having homosexual sex) vs. the "sinner" (just a person who wants to have that kind of sex, and romantic interludes). You hate the sin, not the person... So long as they remain celibate they are not committing the sinful act, and simply remaining celibate would not make them straight, it would just be a gay person who is not having sex.

Nobody becomes a priest to remain celibate.

If that was their only goal they would just stop having sex.

Didn't even have to read the rest of your post after that dumb comment.

LOL, Damocles is your intellectual superior, and it ain't close. He is capable of layered and nuanced thinking. You are an on/off switch who is mostly off.

Basically. Straight guys in prison raping other prisoners to show dominance may not be gay, so the act of sex isn't what would make them gay, it would be the wanting of that kind of sex with no urge to have sex with someone of the opposite sex.

Most christian pastors would tell you this as well when talking about the "sin" (having homosexual sex) vs. the "sinner" (just a person who wants to have that kind of sex, and romantic interludes). You hate the sin, not the person... So long as they remain celibate they are not committing the sinful act, and simply remaining celibate would not make them straight, it would just be a gay person who is not having sex.

The overall point I am trying to get to here, which I am failing to do is this.

Out of the gay people I know, and some are extremely close friends or family members, none of them push an agenda.

They simply want to live their lives and not be judged and they should have that right.

However, there are many people that act gay who actually aren't and are hijacking the gay movement, or even perpetuating it, for their own political agendas of hatred and bigotry.

I know of no man who loves a man or woman that loves a woman that get's in my face to force me to think their way.

They are kind and decent people but these others that do, I doubt they are actually really gay, they are getting off on causing disturbance and it is actually hurting those that are really gay.

LOL, Damocles is your intellectual superior, and it ain't close. He is capable of layered and nuanced thinking. You are an on/off switch who is mostly off.

I have never claimed to be the most intelligent.

I am always happy to speak to someone more intelligent than me so I can learn.

Rape is an act of violence, not of sex.

Out of the gay people I know, and some are extremely close friends or family members, none of them push an agenda.

They simply want to live their lives and not be judged and they should have that right.

However, there are many people that act gay who actually aren't and are hijacking the gay movement, or even perpetuating it, for their own political agendas of hatred and bigotry.

I know of no man who loves a man or woman that loves a woman that get's in my face to force me to think their way.

They are kind and decent people but these others that do, I doubt they are actually really gay, they are getting off on causing disturbance and it is actually hurting those that are really gay.

So, are the Westboro Baptist Church folks non-existent in your world? I see them as hijacking the christian religion to spread bigotry in the same way you see more activist gay folks spreading their message as a political agenda rather than gay folks.

One can be both gay and an activist even if you do not like their message. I get that "pushing" it on you makes you uncomfortable, but simply being an activist doesn't make them "pretend gay", it just makes them noisy, rude, obnoxious at times... and also gay.

There are liberal idiots that annoy me and have nothing to do with gay, women wearing vagina suits for example... They are annoying and loud but it doesn't make them "fake women" who hurt the "cause" of womankind everywhere... They are just activist weirdos who are bad communicators and think shock value will make a point that it never makes.

So your actual point is that there is a non gay organization that is pushing "gay agenda" for Lord knows why?

Rape is an act of violence, not of sex.

Correct. However the sin they are "committing" to a christian has little to no difference between the two things. Rape is also a sin, but so is the act they are forcing on another in and of itself.

Some guys act against their nature for pleasure in prison (or other enforced single sex environments), then when they get out of prison because they have options they never again act that way, were they "temporary gay" or where they heterosexuals that used each other as masturbation tools while they imagined women? In my opinion they heterosexual men who were using each other the same way as a non prisoner ugly guy with no personality might use sex dolls, closing their eyes and pretending they were with a woman rather than an object or a man...

What would make them a homosexual man is the desire to have that kind of sex to the exclusion of hetero-normative sexual desires, the same way imagining having sex with a woman while masturbating would not mean a man was actually having sex with a woman, it would not mean they were gay because they were self pleasing though a man or a woman was pleasing a man or a woman respectively...

So, are the Westboro Baptist Church folks non-existent in your world? I see them as hijacking the christian religion to spread bigotry in the same way you see more activist gay folks spreading their message as a political agenda rather than gay folks.

One can be both gay and an activist even if you do not like their message. I get that "pushing" it on you makes you uncomfortable, but simply being an activist doesn't make them "pretend gay", it just makes them noisy, rude, obnoxious at times... and also gay.

There are liberal idiots that annoy me and have nothing to do with gay, women wearing vagina suits for example... They are annoying and loud but it doesn't make them "fake women" who hurt the "cause" of womankind everywhere... They are just activist weirdos who are bad communicators and think shock value will make a point that it never makes.

Christians have condemned Westboro from the beginning, myself included.

They are a hateful group.

Just as they give Christians a bad name, the activist "gay" weirdos give the homosexual community a bad name.

But you don't want to let them get married. Or be open about their relationships. So please, stop the bullshit. You hate people. It's what you do, Nora.

So what is the reason for non gay men to push gay sex on society?

Good question. They are rude, they are loud, they are obnoxious, but they are not straight folks pretending to be gay for a political agenda, they are rude, loud, obnoxious, activist gay folks with a political agenda.

I agree with Tinkerpeach in the one statement, they are sometimes odious and they do not serve the messaging well... I disagree that they are somehow "not gay" folks pretending to be gay for their agenda.

But you don't want to let them get married. Or be open about their relationships. So please, stop the bullshit. You hate people. It's what you do, Nora.

My religious beliefs do not allow me to support gay marriage but that is not the hill I choose to die on.

I have been to gay marriages to show my support for those I care about even though they are aware of my feelings on it.

So no, I do not support gay marriage but I also will not protest against them.

Power, attention, they are bored?

You would have to ask them.

Maybe they are angry at their mom for something.

Why does anyone protest anything?

Why is anyone an activist, is it because they believe it or because their group of friends are doing it?

The reasons could be endless.

Power, attention, they are bored?

You would have to ask them.

Maybe they are angry at their mom for something.

Why does anyone protest anything?

Why is anyone an activist, is it because they believe it or because their group of friends are doing it?

The reasons could be endless.

So you're pushing gay sex because you're bored?

They don't. They have their own gay bars and places to go. During pride week, they show they are not ashamed of who they are. They have fun in the streets. Then go back to a separate existence all over again.

Back