Who Do You Dislike More? George W or Osama

You say he’s a moron. I say, he’s not that stupid, no. Somehow that makes you more patriotic than I am, ok.

Please Darla for your own sake call it quits on this thread.

You're too smart to be rambling on like this. If you are any kind of a decent American you will look back later and regret it.

Those who have not learned after 7 years of Bush that blind partiotism is not a good thing have no hope of ever learning.

Please Darla for your own sake call it quits on this thread.

You're too smart to be rambling on like this. If you are any kind of a decent American you will look back later and regret it.

I consider myself a decent human being.

For years I thought people who questioned 9/11 were crazy too. But…the more time that went on, the more that came out, the more I no longer did. I don’t know what happened, nor claim to. I just know that they knew enough to stop it, if they had wanted to.

As for not seeing the difference between the mass murder of Iraqis and the mass murder of Americans, I will never see that. Nor would I ever want to. Again, to value one life over another, is morally depraved. This, I know.

Again, to value one life over another, is morally depraved. This, I know.

Would you save your boyfriend's life before you would save the life of an Iraqi?

Would your mother save your life before she would save an Iraqi?

This would demonstrate valuing one life over another, but it's an example that realistically you would have no problem making your choice if confronted with.

You have no problem with it on a micro-level, but on a macro-level you find it abhorrent.

Interesting.

I often wonder if people are even aware of the countless contradictions within their own personal philosophies. It would appear that they are not.

I would save my mothers life before I would save your life Epidural, Your point being ?

You are doing a strawman. since it has not been shown that killing any Iraqi has put saved any americans except maybe the ones we send over there in harms way.

I would save my mothers life before I would save your life Epidural, Your point being ?

That Darla thinks you are apparently morally depraved for valuing one life above another.

Thanks for making this so easy. I'm sure Darla was trying to find a way to squirm her way out of that.

You are doing a strawman. since it has not been shown that killing any Iraqi has put saved any americans except maybe the ones we send over there in harms way.

Are you even aware of what a strawman argument is?

Go away.

Smart people are talking.

Would you save your boyfriend's life before you would save the life of an Iraqi?

Would your mother save your life before she would save an Iraqi?

This would demonstrate valuing one life over another, but it's an example that realistically you would have no problem making your choice if confronted with.

You have no problem with it on a micro-level, but on a macro-level you find it abhorrent.

Interesting.

I often wonder if people are even aware of the countless contradictions within their own personal philosophies. It would appear that they are not.

What is morally depraved is to say that a man who has ordered the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, is just a bumbling, but well-intentioned fool, while the man who ordered the deaths of three thousand Americans is a monster. That’s incomprehensible to me.

The idea that this is contradictory is baseless. What are you afraid of? Do you believe that an American life is worth more than an Iraqi life, or a French life, or a Canadian life, simply and solely because it is American? Don’t try and confuse the issue with “well if it were your kid”. Yeah, if it was my kid I’d do anything to keep it alive, including kill you, but that’s irrelevant. It’s not the case here. The case here is, one man ordered the deaths of hundreds of thousands of one people, and one man ordered the deaths of three thousand of another people. Now, you state why one is more heinous than another. I have seen zero specifics from you, just a lot of claims of my being a nut job because I don’t hold that life in less value.

Do you believe that an American life is worth more than an Iraqi life, or a French life, or a Canadian life, simply and solely because it is American?

I believe it should be more important to my government, absolutely yes.

Do you disagree?

You would be willing to fight and kill to protect your child. Presumably you would even kill innocents in doing so, since you mentioned your willingness to kill me (and I don't currently plan to threaten your child).

What you don't see, for whatever reason, is that some people feel as strongly about their country and their countrymen as you do about your hypothetical child.

Last edited:
I am determined that you two will NOT turn me into a Neocon with your tirades, so I think I'm going to call it quits here before I get worked up about this.

This has to be the first time I've ever been driven to question someone's patriotism but honestly from your displays it appears justified.

In all honesty I think i dislike George W Bush more than Osama bin Laden....

CK
This is disgusting an repulsive, I'd bet you wouldn't have the courage to say that somewhere where you weren't safe a secure behind a computer.

A lot of the posters here have gone to the loons lately, it's really dragging down the debate, and some can't help it, some are that stupid, some or just such partisan hacks, I call it willful stupidity, which is worse.

This "blind patriotism" allegation is pure bullshit. Until WRL got here I don't think there was a single person on this thread that has a good thing to say about the Bush jr presidency. My ONLY objection to this thread was the partisan hackery that says that Bush is more evil or that you would hate Bush more than OBL. That does not make me a blind patriot. I find it repulsive that those on the right have gotten away with calling everyone who does not "support" Bush and the war in Iraq a traitor. That thinking that going into Iraq was a HUGE mistake and a distraction is tantamount to not supporting the troops is as intellectually dishonest as saying that Bush is worse than OBL. Even for all his theocratic leanings, Bush is no where near the theocrat that OBL is. I would love for Desh or Darla to live for 5 years under OBL's ideal world as a woman and then come back and say "Whew that was sure lots better than living under Bush for 8." I would love it only so long as I didn't have to live under it, because it would make the US today seem like a joyful vacation. Yes there are some questions about the elections, yes, Haliburtin has made a killing on this war, Yes to lots of the claims that you made about Bush, but the minute "Bush is worse that OBL" exits your mouth, no one cares anymore and no one will listen to you, except maybe AHZ who is a Blue Lodge Conspiracy theorist.

This "blind patriotism" allegation is pure bullshit. Until WRL got here I don't think there was a single person on this thread that has a good thing to say about the Bush jr presidency. My ONLY objection to this thread was the partisan hackery that says that Bush is more evil or that you would hate Bush more than OBL. That does not make me a blind patriot. I find it repulsive that those on the right have gotten away with calling everyone who does not "support" Bush and the war in Iraq a traitor. That thinking that going into Iraq was a HUGE mistake and a distraction is tantamount to not supporting the troops is as intellectually dishonest as saying that Bush is worse than OBL. Even for all his theocratic leanings, Bush is no where near the theocrat that OBL is. I would love for Desh or Darla to live for 5 years under OBL's ideal world as a woman and then come back and say "Whew that was sure lots better than living under Bush for 8." I would love it only so long as I didn't have to live under it, because it would make the US today seem like a joyful vacation. Yes there are some questions about the elections, yes, Haliburtin has made a killing on this war, Yes to lots of the claims that you made about Bush, but the minute "Bush is worse that OBL" exits your mouth, no one cares anymore and no one will listen to you, except maybe AHZ who is a Blue Lodge Conspiracy theorist.

Exactly.

Back