Who here is here after giving up on DebatePolitics?

Heh, me too. I signed up 3 yrs or so ago but seldom posted. When I went back one day I couldn't recall my password and got locked out. So made up a new acct. with almost-the-same-name, and <poof!> that was it. It said something about spamming and that you could email the moderators. I didn't bother, wasn't worth it. Someone from here invited me to rejoin a month or so ago but I guess they go by your IP or something, so it wasn't happening.
Lol, the same thing happened to me lol

Extra Credit...what did it for you?

*Raises Hand*

A: Incredibly poor quality moderation, along with generally low quality.

I was not banned, but I did get gigged for what I consider bullshit. So I left.

(I have been posting a bit over at A2K, though)

*Raises Hand*

My thinking didn't last 2 months before banned forever. 3 other meassage board forms stopped message board forums and reverted to telling everyone what to believe possible or else. got banned by a new owner of the last messageboard I used for 8+years. Saw it coming with whom the new buyer was from previous messageboards that closed open forums. Ironically they were all linked back to subsideraries of NYT.

anyway, I will enjoy the time I get here, until blocked from this one. Life doesn't exceed now. All opportunities originate and fail now. Just get between the lines as spaced apart so far.

*Raises Hand*

I wasn't stupid enough to be banned there, so I'm still a member although I waste most of my online time here.

Hello ThatOwlWoman, Phantasmal,

Heh, me too. I signed up 3 yrs or so ago but seldom posted. When I went back one day I couldn't recall my password and got locked out. So made up a new acct. with almost-the-same-name, and <poof!> that was it. It said something about spamming and that you could email the moderators. I didn't bother, wasn't worth it. Someone from here invited me to rejoin a month or so ago but I guess they go by your IP or something, so it wasn't happening.

Lol, the same thing happened to me lol

I scoped it out as I was searching for a place to debate politics. I found and analyzed all the political forums I could locate in the course of making a decision. Ultimately, I decided against DP because their SSL cert in the URL (indicated by a little green padlock symbol) has the little yellow exclamation point and this one was green.

I would prefer a forum with more active moderation but since I have no problem self-moderating that is not a big issue. My PIP serves quite well here.

I appreciate the beauty of minimal moderation because that doesn't cost as much and does not have to rely on advertising to pay moderators. I like that the moderators here are volunteers and I greatly appreciate their service. Thank you to the mods here, and to Grind for making it all happen and keeping it going.

Thanks also to all the participants who accept my stringent personal rules and are able to work within them. If it were not for you, I would not be here.

I didn't know if my PIP would work here, and I did get some blow-back when I first came on the scene with it. It has surpassed my expectations. I know others have a similar policy, and I would encourage anyone who does to openly put it in your signature. Part of the reason it works so well is making it well known and having a reputation for standing behind it.

Putting it out there in writing is like publicizing a goal. It forces you to try your best to live up to your word.

Giving up? Fuck them! Their admin is a wholly biased raging lefty. I have saved emails from that turd.
That place is lame!

I was banned.

I had been there a while and giving that pussy Darin (who has moderator privileges) a hard time about his girlie Mazda car. He got so mad that he started changing my posts (against the rules there). Since that didn't work he started sending me threatening PMs and then emails. What a pussy.

I wasn't banned- I left because of that shit.

Oh man, I think the email pics I posted on Trinn's site, in a mebers only section, and I am out of favor around there. :awesome:

Ah well, 1 last chance somewhere in the middle of PMs between me and some friends.

Back