Whole prices soar

And each year past 1994 it was a R Congress creating the budget for that year. Pretending that the budgets don't come from Congress is pretense. It is sad, sad pretense. Also pretending that a couple hundred billion didn't come from the theft of Social Security (1993... think about who did that and why they recieve "credit" for the unbalanced "surplus" that never came about.)

Umm the last I read we owe SS about 2 trillion.

Now, shut the fuck up. Shut up.

In 2000 Al Gore was saying that we can’t overspend this budget surplus – of course with the trillion dollar debt there never was an actual money surplus, just a budget surplus. Oh wow, look at the two big men who get that. Guess what big mouths? Fucking duh.

Also in 2000, George W bush was rambling on about how he was going to spend the entire budget surplus, there was no Gore-talk of saving for a rainy day.

And what did you two do? You couldn’t run to the polls fast enough to vote for George W Bush who was giving away a surplus you are now both beating the shit out of Desh for mentioning. And you probably knocked old ladies out of the way, so eager were you both to pull that Bush Lever, the lever for the man, who even then any fucking retard could have told you was not the fiscal conservative in the race.

So shut up.

Yet there never was a surplus. Budget surpluses notwithstanding, if the budget was overspent, as it was every single year, then debt increases and surpluses were NEVER REALISED. Economics 101, I thought that was another one we all had to take.

Right Gore did not become president did he....

You have to be deliberately ignorant to pretend that borrowing billions of dollars to pay the bills is "surplus" spending. That politicians make speeches towards the ignorant isn't surprising, but that somebody will pretend that overspent budgets are a "surplus" when they are this invested in politics is laughable.

Umm the last I read we owe SS about 2 trillion.
Right, but since 1993 we spend every dime collected in the General Funds. Get it?

Every President since LBJ has taken just a bit more, but none of them simply janked the whole dang pile until we had Clinton.

1st post on this subject - 2nd to come, but absorb this first SF and Damo

VICE PRESIDENT AL GORE: Today, I am announcing that we will under-spend the surplus rather than over-promise our way into an economic

GOVERNOR GEORGE BUSH: Half the surplus is gonna go for Social Security reform and to pay down debt. One quarter is gonna go for new programs that are needed. But I think it's fair, and I think it's right, that one quarter go back to the hard working Americans who pay the bills.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/economy/july-dec00/surplus_10-3.html

The fact that both parties were quoting these imaginary surplusses, simply shows that they lack the understanding of economics. Those "projected surplusses" were based off of the boom years. They did not account for the economic downturn that began in March of 2000. They did not account for the tech/telecom implosions and subsequent recession. (that began before Bush ever entered office) They most certainly did not reflect something like 9/11 happening.

The fact that Bush is an economic nightmare, doesn't change the fact that Clowntoon outspent his revenue every year (with the assistance of the Rep Congress)

The fact that you have quotes from two political hacks telling you what they INTEND to do, does not change the FACT that there is not one.... NOT ONE... single fiscal year since 1960 that the nations debt has been lowered. NOT ONE.

Damo , I know Clinton was not perfect but he did help to prove that cutting certain types of spending and spending on things which create jobs and create better educated workers helps the economy. What Bush and the core of this current R party have given is is near total disastor for the American people.

Laugh as you will, the nation had already entered recession, projected numbers were not going to match because the projections were based on the boom. Again, it is preposterous to consider a projected number based on the previous years to be an accurate measure of the future.

Laugh as you will, the nation had already entered recession, projected numbers were not going to match because the projections were based on the boom. Again, it is preposterous to consider a projected number based on the previous years to be an accurate measure of the future.

Yep and I have been ridiculed for predicting it's coming....

Damo , I know Clinton was not perfect but he did help to prove that cutting certain types of spending and spending on things which create jobs and create better educated workers helps the economy. What Bush and the core of this current R party have given is is near total disastor for the American people.
Rubberstamping Bush was the worst decision that the R party ever made. I agree and pointed that out earlier when I said that part of what made the 90s so successful was the fact that Congress didn't rubberstamp the promises of the WH.

Yeah Bush is just unlucky and the Republicans did everything they could to avoid sthis mess.

They made that rubber stamp decision Over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Yep and I have been ridiculed for predicting it's coming....
You "predicted" that the nation had already entered a recession during the 2000 campaign? Predicting the past is amazingly easy.

I riducule anybody who predicts the same thing for a decade then cheers how smart they are when the cycle finally matches their doomsday predictions. Like Krugman you just say, "It's coming!" then when it does you say "See?"

Of course it's coming, it will always be coming.

Yeah Bush is just unlucky and the Republicans did everything they could to avoid sthis mess.

They made that rubber stamp decision Over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Again, I agree. And it was stupid.

Now, shut the fuck up. Shut up.

In 2000 Al Gore was saying that we can’t overspend this budget surplus – of course with the trillion dollar debt there never was an actual money surplus, just a budget surplus. Oh wow, look at the two big men who get that. Guess what big mouths? Fucking duh.

Also in 2000, George W bush was rambling on about how he was going to spend the entire budget surplus, there was no Gore-talk of saving for a rainy day.

And what did you two do? You couldn’t run to the polls fast enough to vote for George W Bush who was giving away a surplus you are now both beating the shit out of Desh for mentioning. And you probably knocked old ladies out of the way, so eager were you both to pull that Bush Lever, the lever for the man, who even then any fucking retard could have told you was not the fiscal conservative in the race.

So shut up.

No, I don't think I will. Because like Desh, you have no clue as to what you are talking about. There was NO surplus for Bush to spend. No surplus for Gore to save. It was all a bunch of projected bullshit tossed out by BOTH parties to sucker the public into letting them spend more money.

But what did YOU DO? You like Desh ran right to the polls and voted like good little lemmings for Gore. You bought into the complete bullshit that both parties were feeding the public.

Note: There was a $5 trillion dollar debt in 2000. Not one.

Note: A budget surplus is NOTHING but numbers on paper. It means little if you outspend the revenues.

So please, take your own advice and shut the fuck up. Unless you wish to admit you were wrong in lashing out in such a childish manner.

You "predicted" that the nation had already entered a recession during the 2000 campaign? Predicting the past is amazingly easy.

I riducule anybody who predicts the same thing for a decade then cheers how smart they are when the cycle finally matches their doomsday predictions. Like Krugman you just say, "It's coming!" then when it does you say "See?"

Of course it's coming, it will always be coming.

twist and spin Damo.

Who said Bush was unlucky Desh? I said quite clearly that he is an economic nightmare.... along with the Reps in Congress. They were god awful. They couldn't spend the money fast enough.

But that does NOT change the FACT that the Dems are culpable as well. BOTH PARTIES are Desh. Not just one. No matter how many times moveon.org tells you it is just the Reps.

I hold BOTH parties responsible. Because they are.

Back