Why do people obsess over abortion?

The law doesn't change because it's not murder. I have nothing to do w/ that. That's just the way it is.

And for many, it is absolutely about controlling women. It's really not much different from philosophies held by groups like the Taliban.

ridiculous......if the legislature passed a law which stated the intentional taking of an unborn child's life was murder, it would BE murder......the circumstances are identical......it is the change of law which makes it murder.......you have put your horse IN the cart.......as for control, 1) what else besides killing children do you imagine we are trying to control?.....2) what is it you find objectionable about "controlling" this one thing.....that women may not kill their children.....

actually every year more people realize just how fucked up killing your children really is.....

Actually no!

What is so fucked up, are you so-called men- who are actually PUSSIES- who try to tell women what they can and cannot do with their bodies.

PUSSY MAN! You may want to grab you a Kotex and take a Mydol!

to be fair, what is even more fucked up is that lib'rul incels know so little about a woman's body that they think THIS is part of it......

baby-quotes-te-220202-c47cac.jpg

to be fair, what is even more fucked up is that lib'rul incels know so little about a woman's body that they think THIS is part of it......

baby-quotes-te-220202-c47cac.jpg

You're conflating completely different stages of development.

There is no sentience or viability in the 1st trimester. It's why Roe was such an excellent compromise.

There is no sentience or viability in the 1st trimester. It's why Roe was such an excellent compromise.

no.....I am equating them....a human being is a human being.....Roe was never a compromise...it was a death sentence imposed on us by lib'ruls who ignored science.....

It's not "murder." Nor is it some wonderful thing.

Abortions should be discouraged, and a last resort. But they have to be legal. Many of those that want to make them illegal are concerned about one thing only: controlling women.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....if this country treated sex like they do sports or car maintenance when it comes to kids, you'd have future generations where abortions were rare and no one would question the need for them.

What would blow the theocratic minds of all these "pro-lifers" is that under Roe vs. Wade, abortion was prohibited IF the fetus was "viable".

I never understood why God would want pregnant teens to have children.

Well, I was told by Catholic "lay person" (I went to Catholic school grades 8 to 12) that Biblical scholars figured out that Mary was in her teens when when she immaculately conceived. Maybe that explains it (if you believe that sort of thing)?

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again....if this country treated sex like they do sports or car maintenance when it comes to kids, you'd have future generations where abortions were rare and no one would question the need for them.
Because?

Because growing up you would be taught (in age appropriate stages) the what, where's, why's & how about sex....kids could get parental permission slips in purchasing OTC contraceptives from the drug store. I'm guessing it would severely limit the "accidental" or unwanted pregnancy.

Because growing up you would be taught (in age appropriate stages) the what, where's, why's & how about sex....kids could get parental permission slips in purchasing OTC contraceptives from the drug store. I'm guessing it would severely limit the "accidental" or unwanted pregnancy.

I see, thanks. So, 'just say no to sex' is not working.

Well, I was told by Catholic "lay person" (I went to Catholic school grades 8 to 12) that Biblical scholars figured out that Mary was in her teens when when she immaculately conceived. Maybe that explains it (if you believe that sort of thing)?

Funny that whorehouses and the Catholic Church both revere teen virgins.

Back