Why do racists run like their ass is on fire from being called a racist?

We have common issues. More in common than not.

How do you pick out the Trump voters from everybody else? I don't trust Trump voters who are black, but that doesn't change my perspective of black voters, nor any other race of voters that had some vote for Trump.

From my perspective, this has less to do with 'depending' on white people than it does with the recognition that coalition is the future of this nation.

If Oprah ran ,, who do you think would be her largest voting bloc?

Coalition is stronger than the sword .. and its better for our children .. all of them.

Keeping it bigoted and racist, are you?

No one "chooses" to be gay.

I have an uncle, and a dear online friend that are both gay. When we met up with my friend, and his partner they reminded me of both my uncle, and his partner. My friend reminded me of my uncle in his fun jocular nature, and his partner, reminded me of my uncles partner in his soft spoken nature. It was odd, but only because my Mom mentioned the same thing. That tells me it's more about persona than choice.

Not all white women are the enemy, you know. Just saying too.

Twittler being POTUS has more to do with misguided moron voters than it has to do with anything else. I know of only a handful of white women who voted for that POS. They all did so because they thought he would somehow magically get rid of abortion by appointing some old white conservative male to the SCt, which of course he did. You know, because our sexuality and lady bits should be under the control of old white conservative males. They chose that as their moral compass and looked away at all the evidence that Trump is about as Christian and moral as a stump in that swamp he was going to drain.

Curious. Did you vote for Hilary?

I supported Bernie in the primaries (even got to go to his rally in STL), but ended up voting for Hillary.

They have been cheating to get into office for decades. That's the real issue. But I won't leave out that Ninety-four percent of black women voted for Hillary Clinton. Sixty-eight percent of Latina women did so as well. But 53 percent of the white female voters in this country voted for dump. I find it hard to depend on these women for the future of Black America.

Here's the thing with me. Aside from tv, when I'm out and about in my daily life, I always seem to run into women, white women, who support dump and the republican party, my neighbor being one.

When I see day in and day out on tv the support dump and the republican party gets from white women while Black women are cutting these republican monsters down with butter knife, it's hard for me to see them leading the charge for change in the Black community.

I guess we will see what they are capable of doing. Actions speak louder than words and the actions of white women in 2016 didn't fair well for the Black community.

They have been cheating to get into office for decades. That's the real issue. But I won't leave out that Ninety-four percent of black women voted for Hillary Clinton. Sixty-eight percent of Latina women did so as well. But 53 percent of the white female voters in this country voted for dump. I find it hard to depend on these women for the future of Black America.

Here's the thing with me. Aside from tv, when I'm out and about in my daily life, I always seem to run into women, white women, who support dump and the republican party, my neighbor being one.

When I see day in and day out on tv the support dump and the republican party gets from white women while Black women are cutting these republican monsters down with butter knife, it's hard for me to see them leading the charge for change in the Black community.

I guess we will see what they are capable of doing. Actions speak louder than words and the actions of white women in 2016 didn't fair well for the Black community.

They didn't fare well for *any* of us.... black, white, brown, male, female, young, old. I was appalled when I saw the stats you mentioned; were these women blind and deaf as to the character of that creature in the WH? Were they that brainwashed that they would vote for a sexual predator, a man who openly brags about treating women as mere objects and not humans? A man that mocked the disabled and overweight?

I talked for a long time about this with my sister-in-law, who voted for him on the single issue of abortion. She thinks he's a disgusting and horrible person, but she is SOOO wrapped up in the Roe v Wade thing that she swallowed her disgust and voted for him anyways. In truth she seemed to believe that 1) Trump wouldn't win, and 2) if he did he wouldn't last long and then Pence would be President. She's a fundie Xtian living in Indiana so she was just fine with that. Because they only get their news from RW sources, they believed all that shit about Hillary being a crook, evil, half-dead, etc.

They didn't fare well for *any* of us.... black, white, brown, male, female, young, old. I was appalled when I saw the stats you mentioned; were these women blind and deaf as to the character of that creature in the WH? Were they that brainwashed that they would vote for a sexual predator, a man who openly brags about treating women as mere objects and not humans? A man that mocked the disabled and overweight?

I talked for a long time about this with my sister-in-law, who voted for him on the single issue of abortion. She thinks he's a disgusting and horrible person, but she is SOOO wrapped up in the Roe v Wade thing that she swallowed her disgust and voted for him anyways. In truth she seemed to believe that 1) Trump wouldn't win, and 2) if he did he wouldn't last long and then Pence would be President. She's a fundie Xtian living in Indiana so she was just fine with that. Because they only get their news from RW sources, they believed all that shit about Hillary being a crook, evil, half-dead, etc.

You're SIL is not alone. Lots of women, especially white women share her same views, which is why I proceed with caution.

Fresh on the heels of the Women's marches, this is could be a good conversation.

Why Hillary Clinton was right about white women – and their husbands

Conventional wisdom says women will show solidarity at the polls. But new research shows that for white women, having a husband trumped the sisterhood

illary Clinton hoped to wear white on election night, a tribute to the suffragettes and the sweep of political history. Instead, as she wrote in her new book, the white suit stayed in her garment bag as she donned the gray and purple garment she had intended for her first trip to Washington as president-elect.

Given the opportunity to make history by electing the first female president, women didn’t take it. And ironically, the women who bore the most resemblance to Clinton – white, heterosexual and married – were less likely to vote for her.

Many had expected Clinton to rally women, the same way Barack Obama rallied black voters in 2008 – and if she had, she would have handily trumped Donald Trump. But while Obama won 95% of the black vote, Clinton won just 54% of women – a percentage point less than her male predecessor atop the Democratic ticket. Among white women in particular, she fared even worse: a slim majority voted for Trump.

Last week, Clinton, who has had a lifetime to contemplate the women’s vote, copped to having a theory. “[Women] will be under tremendous pressure – and I’m talking principally about white women. They will be under tremendous pressure from fathers and husbands and boyfriends and male employers not to vote for ‘the girl’,” she said in an interview as part of a tour promoting her new memoir of the 2016 campaign.

People might scoff at the idea that women vote based on what husbands and fathers tell them to do. And tens of millions of dollars in political messaging has been spent based on the assumption that women will vote collectively on equal pay, abortion, and other salient issues regarding women’s autonomy.

But social science backs up Clinton’s anecdotal hunch. “We think she was right in her analysis about women getting pressure from men in their lives, specifically [straight] white women,” said Kelsy Kretschmer, an assistant professor at Oregon State University and a co-author of a recent study examining women’s voting patterns.

“We know white men are more conservative, so when you’re married to a white man you get a lot more pressure to vote consistent with that ideology.”

The key distinction, according to Kretschmer’s research, is that single women tend to cast votes with the fate of all women in mind, while women married to men vote on behalf of their husbands and families (the study was based on a poll of straight women conducted in 2012, before same-sex marriage was legalized nationwide, and draws no conclusions about marriages where neither partner is a man).

That could help explain why, despite the fact that the Democratic party is generally considered to have policies more favorable to women, Republicans have traditionally won the votes of married women.

“Just being married makes women more conservative in their vote choice,” said Kretschmer.

The bottom line is quite literally economic, rather than ideological.

“Women consistently earn less money and hold less power, which fosters women’s economic dependency on men,” Kretschmer and her co-authors write in their study. “Thus, it is within married women’s interests to support policies and politicians who protect their husbands and improve their status.”

In fact, since men are the primary breadwinners in the vast majority of American families, their wives may well see equality-focused measures as setting their husbands – and therefore their family – back.

.. more
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/sep/25/white-women-husbands-voting

Is that true?

Fresh on the heels of the Women's marches, this is could be a good conversation.

In fact, since men are the primary breadwinners in the vast majority of American families, their wives may well see equality-focused measures as setting their husbands – and therefore their family – back.

Is that true?

I can't speak for all married white women, of course. For me this is adamantly *not* true. While somewhat socially liberal, my husband is a fiscal conservative as well as a gun owner and advocate of guns for everyone. That is obviously a topic we've agreed to never discuss because it always ends with Owl feathers all over the floor. lol At any rate, although we discuss politics occasionally, neither of us has tried to influence the other's voting decisions.

In my opinion the 2016 election was an anomaly. The RW propaganda machine did an outstanding job of convincing their base that the economy was in dire straits, and that Hillary was a felonious crook and evil to boot. The Democrats pushed her nomination over Sanders and shot themselves in the foot. All the white women I know personally who voted for Trump did so because of abortion, and the economy. Even though a couple of them admitted that Trump is a heinous person, these two issues prevailed. In addition, they believed all the rot about Clinton pushed out by the RW media. I think the midterms are going to be very interesting, but not in a good way for the (R)s. They can't very well suddenly start claiming that the economy is poor and only Trump can fix it. Their base is going to have the idea that jobs are plentiful, the economy is roaring along well.... and other issues are going to get their attention. I think we are going to see white women voting other issues this time around, other than abortion and the economy.

Michelle Obama: 'Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice'

(CNN)In candid remarks Wednesday, former first lady Michelle Obama said women who voted for Republican nominee Donald Trump over Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton went against their "authentic voice" in the 2016 presidential election.

"Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice," she said at the Inbound 2017 conference in Boston, according to video from inside the event.

"What does it mean for us as women that we look at those two candidates, as women, and many of us said, that guy, he's better for me, his voice is more true to me," Obama said. "Well, to me that just says you don't like your voice. You like the thing you're told to like."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/27/politics/michelle-obama-women-voters/index.html

2018 Will See The Largest Ever Number Of Women Run For Congressional House Seats
http://www.refinery29.com/2017/12/184574/record-breaking-women-running-for-congress-house-2018

Michelle Obama: 'Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice'

(CNN)In candid remarks Wednesday, former first lady Michelle Obama said women who voted for Republican nominee Donald Trump over Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton went against their "authentic voice" in the 2016 presidential election.

"Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice," she said at the Inbound 2017 conference in Boston, according to video from inside the event.

"What does it mean for us as women that we look at those two candidates, as women, and many of us said, that guy, he's better for me, his voice is more true to me," Obama said. "Well, to me that just says you don't like your voice. You like the thing you're told to like."

I agree, and am puzzled too.... but we will not win elections this way, by blaming. We will win them by showing the women who voted for Trump that he and the (R)s do not have our best interests at heart.... whether that's equal pay, education for our kids, reproductive rights, health care, and so on.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/27/politics/michelle-obama-women-voters/index.html

2018 Will See The Largest Ever Number Of Women Run For Congressional House Seats
http://www.refinery29.com/2017/12/184574/record-breaking-women-running-for-congress-house-2018

Michelle Obama.....my Shero........Standing Ovation!

I agree, and am puzzled too.... but we will not win elections this way, by blaming. We will win them by showing the women who voted for Trump that he and the (R)s do not have our best interests at heart.... whether that's equal pay, education for our kids, reproductive rights, health care, and so on.

Those women that voted for dump will always vote republican. We don't need to cater or try to change their minds we need to get new progressive votes into the mix.

When we go after those voters, we have to compromise our agenda to please them. We have to stop letting racism, hate and greed win.

I can't speak for all married white women, of course. For me this is adamantly *not* true. While somewhat socially liberal, my husband is a fiscal conservative as well as a gun owner and advocate of guns for everyone. That is obviously a topic we've agreed to never discuss because it always ends with Owl feathers all over the floor. lol At any rate, although we discuss politics occasionally, neither of us has tried to influence the other's voting decisions.

In my opinion the 2016 election was an anomaly. The RW propaganda machine did an outstanding job of convincing their base that the economy was in dire straits, and that Hillary was a felonious crook and evil to boot. The Democrats pushed her nomination over Sanders and shot themselves in the foot. All the white women I know personally who voted for Trump did so because of abortion, and the economy. Even though a couple of them admitted that Trump is a heinous person, these two issues prevailed. In addition, they believed all the rot about Clinton pushed out by the RW media. I think the midterms are going to be very interesting, but not in a good way for the (R)s. They can't very well suddenly start claiming that the economy is poor and only Trump can fix it. Their base is going to have the idea that jobs are plentiful, the economy is roaring along well.... and other issues are going to get their attention. I think we are going to see white women voting other issues this time around, other than abortion and the economy.

TTQ does indeed raise good questions, and I think there is more than a bit of truth to the voting patterns of married vs unmarried white women. I can imagine that any married black woman who voted for Trump would be under that same pressure .. not only from her husband, but from her entire family, community, and friends. She would be walking around with the proverbial Scarlet Letter 'T' attached to her forehead.

Personally, I think Trump and the #MeToo movement has changed the perceptions and voting agenda of many women.

That is where I am.

There is too much empirical evidence of the damage caused by the right-wing agenda not to pursue the path of inclusion and intelligent governance.

Back