Why don't you Libtard/ Progressives/ Democrats just say it?

I don't think most folks do it. Do you have data suggesting otherwise? The fact that you're ashamed to tell me if you do it yourself tells me that its only something really perverted people do.

I don't think most folks do it. Do you have data suggesting otherwise? The fact that you're ashamed to tell me if you do it yourself tells me that its only something really perverted people do.

I am not ashamed in the least. But I also know that a gentleman never discussing what he does in the privacy of his own bedroom.

This article lists several sources that show it is very common:

http://www.slate.com/id/2192477/

You didn't find the flaws in those studies troubling? Do you think the APA is biased?

I would like to see more studies done. But these studies will still be based on questionaires, and so the will be flaws.

No, I do not think the APA is consistently biased. I think the APA bases their stances on the best evidence available.

You're the one making a claim based on flawed studies and wanting to experiment with children.

No, I am making no claim. I am not claiming that homosexuals are worse, better or as good. My personal experience tells me that both homosexuals and heterosexuals can be good parents or they can be terrible parents. Therefore, I don't see any reason to assume it matters. You are claiming it does without proof and demanding that we restrain rights based solely on your claim.

I am not advocating that any experiments be done. If you wish to attempt to prove your claim by compiling data on the matter then no one will stop you. But, I no more need to prove that homosexuals are fit parents than I, or you, need to prove heterosexuals are. I am not advocating restraints on either.

So you just want to make a personal attack. Something like 25% of women have engaged in anal sex. It's obviously still taboo, but so was oral not long ago. That does not prove that there is anything wrong with it. Taboos are cultural.

I would like to see more studies done. But these studies will still be based on questionaires, and so the will be flaws.

No, I do not think the APA is consistently biased. I think the APA bases their stances on the best evidence available.
Do you deny that the APA's decision to de-list queerness as a disease was political?

No, I am making no claim. I am not claiming that homosexuals are worse, better or as good. My personal experience tells me that both homosexuals and heterosexuals can be good parents or they can be terrible parents. Therefore, I don't see any reason to assume it matters. You are claiming it does without proof and demanding that we restrain rights based solely on your claim.

I am not advocating that any experiments be done. If you wish to attempt to prove your claim by compiling data on the matter then no one will stop you. But, I no more need to prove that homosexuals are fit parents than I, or you, need to prove heterosexuals are. I am not advocating restraints on either.
You wish to change the status quo based on flawed studies. Admit.

So you just want to make a personal attack. Something like 25% of women have engaged in anal sex. It's obviously still taboo, but so was oral not long ago. That does not prove that there is anything wrong with it. Taboos are cultural.
So now its 25%, before it was "most". Who's lying?

So now its 25%, before it was "most". Who's lying?

Where did I claim most? 25% is a significant percentage. Is that not "normal" enough for you?

Further, since any study of this relies on interview data coupled with the fact that anal sex is still rather taboo, any number is likely to be in error.

You wish to change the status quo based on flawed studies. Admit.

Nope. I told you I don't care about the studies. I don't need to prove anything.

I wish to change the status-quo because it offends the principles of individualism and that of "innocent until proven guilty." Those traditions are the bedrock of this nation, not some small minded hate of others we find strange or unusual. Unfortunately, there is some "tradition" to those ugly views too, but they are not the source of our strength and do nothing but divide us.

Nope. I told you I don't care about the studies. I don't need to prove anything.

I wish to change the status-quo because it offends the principles of individualism and that of "innocent until proven guilty." Those traditions are the bedrock of this nation, not some small minded hate of others we find strange or unusual. Unfortunately, there is some "tradition" to those ugly views too, but they are not the source of our strength and do nothing but divide us.
But you're talking about experimenting with children.

But you're talking about experimenting with children.

Straw man.

I am not saying let's see how some studies turn out before we decide whether children should rot in state care or be adopted by homosexuals (I am not sure what we would have to study, but...). That's you. I am not arguing that we should do a trial run and see how the numbers turn out.

I am arguing there is no reason to assume that homosexuals are incapable of parenting. They should not be restrained in the absence of proof to the claim that they are incapable of parenting.

Whether somebody wants to compile numbers on how well children do with homosexual parents does not matter to me at all. I am not demanding that the studies be done.

You made the accusation. In this country we believe it is up to the accuser to prove his claim before one should be deprived of life or liberty. That tradition is FAR more important to me than the legacy of hate to which you would have us cling.

Young Mario was getting married, and asked advice from his older brother Alberto, a man of the world, about what to do on his wedding night. After explaining, Alberto told his brother that he'd be in the next room with his ear to the wall in case he had any questions.

The blessed day came, a huge Italian meal was served in celebration, the sun set and after music and dancing the guests went home. Mario was very nervous. His new bride Gina was patiently waiting for him, sitting on the bed in her wedding gown. Mario went in the bathroom to brush his teeth, shower, trim his toenails, spending hours primping himself. The door was locked and after several hours Gina had digested her food and had to take care of business. She found a shoe box in the closet, crapped in it, and hid it under the bed.

When Mario finally came out of the bathroom Gina ran in to clean up.

Mario sits on the side of the bed nervously shuffling his feet, and his heel contacts a box under the bed. Curious, he retrieves it, and thinking this might be the present that Alberto talked about, excitedly opens it.

Mario screams "Ahhh! This shit in this box!" to which Alberto shouts from the next room "Turn her over!".

Straw man.

I am not saying let's see how some studies turn out before we decide whether children should rot in state care or be adopted by homosexuals (I am not sure what we would have to study, but...). That's you. I am not arguing that we should do a trial run and see how the numbers turn out.

I am arguing there is no reason to assume that homosexuals are incapable of parenting. They should not be restrained in the absence of proof to the claim that they are incapable of parenting.

Whether somebody wants to compile numbers on how well children do with homosexual parents does not matter to me at all. I am not demanding that the studies be done.

You made the accusation. In this country we believe it is up to the accuser to prove his claim before one should be deprived of life or liberty. That tradition is FAR more important to me than the legacy of hate to which you would have us cling.
The experimentation has already occurred and studies done to justify the queer assertion that defies common sense, and those studies have been shown to be flawed. Researchers who have come up with conflicting results are attacked.

The experimentation has already occurred and studies done to justify the queer assertion that defies common sense, and those studies have been shown to be flawed. Researchers who have come up with conflicting results are attacked.

Where has anyone allowed homosexuals to adopt for the purpose of studying the effect on kids?

It's been pointed out to you numerous times that studies on this issue are necessarily imperfect. It's not something that can be done in a controlled and observable environment.

No one is attacking the researcher. He apparently has an agenda and we do not have their data. In any court, the bias of witnesses are open to question. Bias can certainly distort research. For this reason, until the results can be reviewed and replicated, no one study can be conclusive, especially not one where the researcher has a pretty clear bias.

So, you don't have any verifiable proof for your claim. In essence, all you have is someone else making the same claim.

Defies common sense? No, your claims about common sense are proven wrong by the research.

Researchers who have actually come up with conflicting results? The only one you have linked showed no data or sources whatsoever.

Find the sources, or research data and I will be happy to look at it.

Back