why no chimp?

• Thread starter Thread starter Reggi Nallik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps by not being crushed by words our civilization can get past the simple lesson of sticks and stones cuz I don't see any let up in derogatory words showing up. Or are certain groups fair game for verbal assaults while others are protected against same ?

If you're attempting to make a grown-up intellectual point by defending the use of a word that even children are smart enough not to use, do yourself a favor and save that bullshit for killanigger.

Perhaps you don't see any lessening of derogatory words in this society, but I do, as do millions of Americans and one of the reasons you don't recognize it is because you don't have their experience. Take the word "nigger." My father heard that bullshit all the time, almost everyday in one form or another. There was nothing endearing about the way it was said or meant. My father would recognize the lessening of the word, as would millions of white Americans who not only felt my father's pain and sense of rejection, but also understood the 400 year struggle of blacks in this country. For those white people it was as offensive to them as it was to my father.

So what did they do about it? They removed it from mainstream ADULT conversation and relegated it to the backroom. THUS, it is no longer acceptable in the mainstream, and in fact, its use identifies the user as a moron.

As for "not being crushed" .. who's crushed? Where's the anger? Racism is difficult to understand, nor is moronic behavior. Using "nigger" isn't the problem of the people hearing it, it's the problem of the person using it. It identifies the user as a moron .. a moron who has no sense of humanity. Do you also believe in denigrating Jews as some symbolic gesture of freedom of speech .. how about gay people and hispanics? Neither Jews, gays, or hispanics have to tolerate OTHER people denigrating them in the mainstream any longer becuaes society itself has rejected such moronic behavior.

As for rappers using the "N" word .. they do it because they can. They mocked it, redefined it, and reshaped its context .. for them. Are you a rapper? Intelligent adults also recognize the context rappers use, but also have no desire to be a rapper nor speak like them.

Gay people sometimes call each other "fags" .. is that what you do? Are you gay, or do you believe you shouyld just be able to talk like you're gay?

At the core of this issue is character. You can use derogatory names all day if you choose .. if that's your character. I don't denigrate racial and ethinic groups because that's not my character. I would feel like a moron.

But you're an adult on an adult website. You can do whatever you want within the bounds of the rules. But you're talking to the wrong person trying to sell your twisted justification for moronic behavior.

Honestly, I surprised by this response.

White people using it under the cover of "humor" makes it ok?

So you'd have no problem with this ...

http://us.video.aol.com/player/launcher?ar=us_en_video_748x541_full&mode=1&pmmsid=1772645

... or is it just ok that Dildo uses it because you "know" him?

Don't get it twisted, you're still one of my favorite posters, but I am surprised by your post.
That was not in any joking vein. "Kramer" dude simply was an idiot who lost all control of himself.

That being said. I don't like the word. I don't use the word. I don't want my kids around people who say the word.

All that doesn't mean every usage of the word is by a racist, even if the person who used it was a "white devil" as Grandma would have called it.

As a white guy who hangs around with a crowd that is almost entirely black, let me just tell you that there is officially no reason any of you should be saying that word.

I sit there and listen to them call each other "my *****" this and "***** that", but it would simply be wrong for me to say it.

If I can go through that without saying it, there is no reason any of you should be "letting it slip".

Occasionally I will accidentally drop it in front of them during singin along wit a rap song or somethin, but they are almost always understanding. They know that I don't mean it the way it was originally used, but I still try not to use it out of respect for its historical implications.

Like Eminem, they understand you're using it in its acceptable context.

Good post.

That was not in any joking vein. "Kramer" dude simply was an idiot who lost all control of himself.

That being said. I don't like the word. I don't use the word. I don't want my kids around people who say the word.

All that doesn't mean every usage of the word is by a racist, even if the person who used it was a "white devil".

Why do you have quotations around white devil? Who called anyone that, did I miss it?

There’s nothing funny about the word. Dillo is an idiot and has been show to be one. I can’t believe the number of people defending him, and I’m not posting on this thread again, because I have really had it.

But he’s at the very best, a f’ing moron.

Why do you have quotations around white devil? Who called anyone that, did I miss it?

There’s nothing funny about the word. Dillo is an idiot and has been show to be one. I can’t believe the number of people defending him, and I’m not posting on this thread again, because I have really had it.

Because it was how my grandmother would have said it. She was kinda geeky.

The only thing I "defend" isn't the usage of the word. It is the idea that because he used it he is racist.

I don't like the word. I already said so. I won't let people around my kids who use it.

I only point out that however crass it was to use the word, I don't believe it was from a person with that particular darkness in their heart. It is often difficult to understand the kind of pain it may cause to another even when you didn't "mean it that way", and people who don't take offense easily at <put whatever insult here> may think others should react the same to this one. IMO, they are wrong to expect that from others, but they are not saying it to create the pain that they don't quite understand.

If you're attempting to make a grown-up intellectual point by defending the use of a word that even children are smart enough not to use, do yourself a favor and save that bullshit for killanigger.

Perhaps you don't see any lessening of derogatory words in this society, but I do, as do millions of Americans and one of the reasons you don't recognize it is because you don't have their experience. Take the word "nigger." My father heard that bullshit all the time, almost everyday in one form or another. There was nothing endearing about the way it was said or meant. My father would recognize the lessening of the word, as would millions of white Americans who not only felt my father's pain and sense of rejection, but also understood the 400 year struggle of blacks in this country. For those white people it was as offensive to them as it was to my father.

So what did they do about it? They removed it from mainstream ADULT conversation and relegated it to the backroom. THUS, it is no longer acceptable in the mainstream, and in fact, its use identifies the user as a moron.

As for "not being crushed" .. who's crushed? Where's the anger? Racism is difficult to understand, nor is moronic behavior. Using "nigger" isn't the problem of the people hearing it, it's the problem of the person using it. It identifies the user as a moron .. a moron who has no sense of humanity. Do you also believe in denigrating Jews as some symbolic gesture of freedom of speech .. how about gay people and Hispanics? Neither Jews, gays, or Hispanics have to tolerate OTHER people denigrating them in the mainstream any longer because society itself has rejected such moronic behavior.

As for rappers using the "N" word .. they do it because they can. They mocked it, redefined it, and reshaped its context .. for them. Are you a rapper? Intelligent adults also recognize the context rappers use, but also have no desire to be a rapper nor speak like them.

Gay people sometimes call each other "fags" .. is that what you do? Are you gay, or do you believe you should just be able to talk like you're gay?

At the core of this issue is character. You can use derogatory names all day if you choose .. if that's your character. I don't denigrate racial and ethnic groups because that's not my character. I would feel like a moron.

But you're an adult on an adult website. You can do whatever you want within the bounds of the rules. But you're talking to the wrong person trying to sell your twisted justification for moronic behavior.

your sermons are........boring..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

The only thing I "defend" isn't the usage of the word. It is the idea that because he used it he is racist.

I don't like the word. I already said so. I won't let people around my kids who use it.

I only point out that however crass it was to use the word, I don't believe it was from a person with that particular darkness in their heart. It is often difficult to understand the kind of pain it may cause to another even when you didn't "mean it that way", and people who don't take offense easily at <put whatever insult here> may think others should react the same to this one. IMO, they are wrong to expect that from others, but they are not saying it to create the pain that they don't quite understand.

You know I had never really watched that clip. The guy was obviously mad at them for talking during his show. I dont think that was anything but obvious racism. What an asshole.

The distiction I was making with this poster is a familiarity with how he posts. Its a style thing that combined with his humor.

The post should have obviously been qualified with a "then its OK to say this" type of precursor. In the past in talking to him I have seen him do the same type of retort often so that is why I was offended when it was first brough to my attention. After the reflextion on the post and knowing the guy I came to my second understanding of his meaning.

Its not because hes "my friend" its because I have some knowledge of his comunnication style. That and he has responded in a non racist fashion in dealings with me on the other site when others who dissagreed with me did respond in racist ways. He could have joined their band wagon safety in numbers bullshit but did not.

Really Bac I think you know I would never stand up for someone in this type of situation unless I really did think the guy was not a racist. Sometimes each of us do a poor job of communicating our meanings. I really think this was the case here.

First let me be very clear my fine sister .. I KNOW YOU WOULD NEVER STAND UP FOR ANYTHING YOU THOUGHT RACIST.

Pardon me for shouting but I wanted to make that very clear. I'd rather say nothing than leave you with any impression otherwise. I trust that I have not.

Frankly, I haven't called Dillo a racist, but he engaged in moronic behavior .. and he, and only he, ended up siding with the troll .. who is obviously a moron.

I understand we all make mistakes. I've made "one" myself. Me and SF and Damo, "One" mistake. :rolleyes:

However, he doesn't see it as a mistake, but raher his right to be a moron because there are other morons out there.

From all accounts about Richard's tirade, the two guys he went off on weren't interfering with his act, but participating along as many in the audience was doing and he was encouraging. They were the only blacks in the audience.

i hope my new, non violence seeking, screen name is acceptable to you nigger lovers. and did I read correctly that we have us a nigger posting in this very thread?

Well, this is where I part ways with the no-moderation crowd. I don’t want to be part of a community where this is ok.

Interesting....!

First let me be very clear my fine sister .. I KNOW YOU WOULD NEVER STAND UP FOR ANYTHING YOU THOUGHT RACIST.

Pardon me for shouting but I wanted to make that very clear. I'd rather say nothing than leave you with any impression otherwise. I trust that I have not.

Frankly, I haven't called Dillo a racist, but he engaged in moronic behavior .. and he, and only he, ended up siding with the troll .. who is obviously a moron.

I understand we all make mistakes. I've made "one" myself. Me and SF and Damo, "One" mistake. :rolleyes:

However, he doesn't see it as a mistake, but raher his right to be a moron because there are other morons out there.

From all accounts about Richard's tirade, the two guys he went off on weren't interfering with his act, but participating along as many in the audience was doing and he was encouraging. They were the only blacks in the audience.

No wonder meme said BAC's sermons are boring...Damo,BAC and SF are one and the same...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back