Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

According to who?
It's "According to whom?" and Into the Night is stealing my thunder. I promised you that I would shred you when we got to the topic of data, and this is it. You have absolutely no idea what data is needed to arrive at an accurate temperature of the earth; if you did, you would inherently understand why it's not possible to accomplish and you wouldn't be confused yet again, flailing for answers.

I asked you to learn what the terms heat, science and work actually mean, but you have thus far refused, signaling that you have no intention of carrying an honest conversation. Nonetheless, I'm going to give you a fair shot at learning something here. In your next post, provide a brief explanation of how you believe you would go about arriving at an accurate temperature of the earth. Let's say that you have a $30 million budget and a staff of 250 people to help you accomplish this task. Make sure your first step is to declare your target margin of error (and specify what that target is). Then we can clear up your misunderstandings.

You can get started here.

It's "According to whom?" and Into the Night is stealing my thunder. I promised you that I would shred you when we got to the topic of data, and this is it. You have absolutely no idea what data is needed to arrive at an accurate temperature of the earth; if you did, you would inherently understand why it's not possible to accomplish and you wouldn't be confused yet again, flailing for answers.

I asked you to learn what the terms heat, science and work actually mean, but you have thus far refused, signaling that you have no intention of carrying an honest conversation. Nonetheless, I'm going to give you a fair shot at learning something here. In your next post, provide a brief explanation of how you believe you would go about arriving at an accurate temperature of the earth. Let's say that you have a $30 million budget and a staff of 250 people to help you accomplish this task. Make sure your first step is to declare your target margin of error (and specify what that target is). Then we can clear up your misunderstandings.

I actually agree with you on this, even the spelling nazi stuff. The terms you mentioned are terms he should have learned in high school..

Right, so why can't we know the temperature of the Earth or what is the CO2 concentration of the atmosphere, again?

RQAA. Stop asking the same question mindlessly. It's already been answered.

Your slightly related copy/paste doesn't count.

Thus far, you've made baseless claims, copy/pasted and have actually clarified virtually nothing. So, are you going to explain the math behind your claim, or.......

Last edited:
I actually agree with you on this, even the spelling nazi stuff.
It's not spelling-fascism if I am merely offering free information that he can use to correct an oft-repeated error.

The terms you mentioned are terms he should have learned in high school..
Hence my repeated suggestions that he learn what those terms mean. You can imagine the world of confusion surrounding his misunderstanding of what he has been told to believe. When someone like me begins explaining some science to him, his initial reaction is to reject it, not to listen to it, much less consider it.

Because Ibdaman and Into the Night don't know what the word "sampling" means and wouldn't understand how it is used in science.
(sigh) ... and now even more declarations of what I supposedly don't know, in lieu of any sort of argument.

@Into the Night, this "preemptive declaration of what others don't know" needs to go on the mantra list if it isn't already there. It could be it's own category. Here, this is Saint Guinefort's entry into the conversation. I would ask you to notice that he doesn't site anything in specific that results in this as a valid conclusion. He just jumped into the conversation declaring what others don't know. Too funny.

On a side note, would you care to guess as to how I know Saint Guinefort is an idiot? ... however, I might have already given away the answer.

I think there's a lot of copy/pasting, with very little understanding, going on between those two.
Why do you think this? Have you found any of our posts online somewhere else? Have you caught us red-handed plagiarizing from some site? Why do you think this? You well know that you are the scientifically illiterate and mathematically incompetent moron, so your inability to understand can't be a valid basis for thinking this. Why do you think this?

(sigh) ... and now even more declarations of what I supposedly don't know, in lieu of any sort of argument.

@Into the Night, this "preemptive declaration of what others don't know" needs to go on the mantra list if it isn't already there. It could be it's own category. Here, this is Saint Guinefort's entry into the conversation. I would ask you to notice that he doesn't site anything in specific that results in this as a valid conclusion. He just jumped into the conversation declaring what others don't know. Too funny.

On a side note, would you care to guess as to how I know Saint Guinefort is an idiot? ... however, I might have already given away the answer.

Why do you think this? Have you found any of our posts online somewhere else? Have you caught us red-handed plagiarizing from some site? Why do you think this? You well know that you are the scientifically illiterate and mathematically incompetent moron, so your inability to understand can't be a valid basis for thinking this. Why do you think this?

I think this because there is an obvious inability to explain/defend claims about thermodynamics and other laws.

That is called mockery. You're welcome.
The topic was your inability to generate an original thought, not what you unsuccessfully attempted in your post. Remaining on topic without pivoting is another inability of yours that you should address.

Shouldn't you be claiming to have a degree in Originality with a minor in Pivot-Avoidance right about now?

You don't understand sampling, statistics or science. Sorry.

So, are you going to explain the math behind your claim, or.......
Beggars can't be chosers. If you want an explanation, I'll gladly give you one, but you do it my way.

Provide a brief explanation of how you believe you would go about arriving at an accurate temperature of the earth. Let's say that you have a $30 million budget and a staff of 250 people to help you accomplish this task. Make sure your first step is to declare your target margin of error (and specify what that target is). Then we can clear up your misunderstandings.

Beggars can't be chosers. If you want an explanation, I'll gladly give you one, but you do it my way.

Provide a brief explanation of how you believe you would go about arriving at an accurate temperature of the earth. Let's say that you have a $30 million budget and a staff of 250 people to help you accomplish this task. Make sure your first step is to declare your target margin of error (and specify what that target is). Then we can clear up your misunderstandings.

Sampling. Why wouldn't you calculate your error rather than declare it before measurement? Do you just make up error terms and then add them in after the measurements are done?

I think this because there is an obvious inability to explain/defend claims about thermodynamics and other laws.
The only reason that none of the thorough explanations are reaching you is because you refuse to read them. This is about the fifth time you have emphatically denied what everybody else can freely read here in this thread. I am dying to learn who you think you are fooling.

For your convenience, I put it all in my signature. Enjoy. Feel free to emphatically deny that I have a signature.

Your slightly related copy/paste doesn't count.

Thus far, you've made baseless claims, copy/pasted and have actually clarified virtually nothing. So, are you going to explain the math behind your claim, or.......

RQAA. Stop asking the same question mindlessly. It's already been answered.

Back