Would you vote for a man who said this in public?

No it doesn't.

OK, if two black men come into your house, rape your wife, kill her, and then kill your children, are you excused in pulling out a gun and shooting every black man you see for the rest of your life?
McCain isn't shooting every Asian he sees.

Or calling every black man a nigger? Because there's no other way to use the word. It's all or none.

And yes, I would. If you want me to be honest, I would every time. And if the NAACP wants to write me letters, good for them. Because their non-outrage publicity stunts over something to happened to me personally wouldn't matter.

I understand what you’re saying, and I said before that his feelings are something we can sympathize with.

However…we are talking about making someone President here. I think that these comments coupled with the fact that this man never met a war he didn’t love, and is looking for more of them, clearly show that he is unable to see “the other” as having any humanity. Now, this could be a result of his captivity. Or, he could have went into that hole a racist bastard, and came out the same way. We don’t know. Doesn’t matter.

It disqualifies him from being President in my opinion, and goes a long way in explaining the man’s love for war.

Nobody that crazy should be president.

McCain isn't shooting every Asian he sees.

And yes, I would. If you want me to be honest, I would every time. And if the NAACP wants to write me letters, good for them. Because their non-outrage publicity stunts over something to happened to me personally wouldn't matter.

Well then, you certainly wouldn't be qualified to be president.

Actually Sorcetease he said it specifically about the individuals who tortured him. With all due respect, as a hypothetical, what does it say about you for "lying" about what McCain said?

I don't mean to attack you personally or make the thread about you but I'm talking about the idea.

As Water said..it is not possible to use the word “gooks” and be talking only about a few specific people.

I’m kind of surprised that a young college students understands this and guys in their 30’s don’t.

I understand what you’re saying, and I said before that his feelings are something we can sympathize with.

However…we are talking about making someone President here. I think that these comments coupled with the fact that this man never met a war he didn’t love, and is looking for more of them, clearly show that he is unable to see “the other” as having any humanity. Now, this could be a result of his captivity. Or, he could have went into that hole a racist bastard, and came out the same way. We don’t know. Doesn’t matter.

It disqualifies him from being President in my opinion, and goes a long way in explaining the man’s love for war.

I agree with that; though I wonder what our Presidential history would look like if we exempted any bigots from the mix.

But, yeah - the guy has some deep-seated hatred & issues there, which I can empathize with, but also not want him to be my President because of...

As Water said..it is not possible to use the word “gooks” and be talking only about a few specific people.

I’m kind of surprised that a young college students understands this and guys in their 30’s don’t.

Why isn't it possible? Are you the language Nazi? Do you control the use of words?

And what...........

what war/sacrafice have you made for your right to 'Freedom of Speech' issues...?
Let me count the ways...absolutely none!

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/06/elec04.s.mo.farmer.clinton.ap/

I guess Jarod will now be starting a thread asking everyone if they would vote for someone who "joked" about Ghandi running a gas station in St. Louis.

right jarod.... that thread is coming shortly... right???

Right after the thread that asks if we would vote for someone who called a campaign worker a "f*cking Jew bastard" after her husband lost an election.

Right? :rolleyes:

http://sonic.net/maledicta/clintons.html

I agree with that; though I wonder what our Presidential history would look like if we exempted any bigots from the mix.

But, yeah - the guy has some deep-seated hatred & issues there, which I can empathize with, but also not want him to be my President because of...

Yep, I know he's justified in it, in a way, but I still don't want him to be president. It's like he was shellshocked. It's not that I don't think it was a terrible thing that he was shellshocked. I just don't think such a person needs to be president.

Back