Would you vote for a man who said this in public?

How is he a nasty vile bigot? Because he hates that he lost 7 years of his life, seven years that he could have spent with his wife but instead spent having his limbs repeatedly broken?
No he a nasty vile bigot cause he said I hate gooks and always will. He did not say I hate the men that did this to men and always will. He didn't say I hate those fucking North Vietnamese soldiers that did this to me and I always will. I understand his hatred of the people that actually did the act. What I don't understand and never will is the use of racial epithets that any honest and intelligent person knows are offensive to an ENTIRE race of people. Racism is one indication of the level of a persons intelligence. NO RACIST person is intelligent. They may have some smarts in some areas but a racist has no global intelligence.

What word is he supposed to use, by the way?

If he says "Fuckers", that is hardly strong enough.

If he says "cunts" women will take offense. Same with bitches, which isn't harsh enough.

If he says "bastards" that will offend the Organisation for People with Unmarried Parents

etc. etc.

All insults in society refer to a specific type of person or thing.

I really want to see you equate a mugging to 7 years of torture.

So, the gravity of the offense negates the fact that I'm using a word that can only be used to insult an entire population?

POW's are tortured all the time, Gonzo. You support actions like this. How can you feel so badly whenever what you support happens to be used by the other side.

No he a nasty vile bigot cause he said I hate gooks and always will. He did not say I hate the men that did this to men and always will. He didn't say I hate those fucking North Vietnamese soldiers that did this to me and I always will. I understand his hatred of the people that actually did the act. What I don't understand and never will is the use of racial epithets that any honest and intelligent person knows are offensive to an ENTIRE race of people. Racism is one indication of the level of a persons intelligence. NO RACIST person is intelligent. They may have some smarts in some areas but a racist has no global intelligence.

Yes, he has you retard. Just because the quote that is in this thread doesn't show that he has on several occasions said that his use of gook only refers to his torturers doesn't mean that he isn't using it that way.

To any soldier in Vietnam, "gooks" refers to "North Vietnamese soldiers." It doesn't have the same connotation or meaning that we associate with it in America.

What word is he supposed to use, by the way?

If he says "Fuckers", that is hardly strong enough.

If he says "cunts" women will take offense. Same with bitches, which isn't harsh enough.

If he says "bastards" that will offend the Organisation for People with Unmarried Parents

etc. etc.

All insults in society refer to a specific type of person or thing.

Maybe he should give up his silly quest to correct what was wronged by doing a sufficient amount of wrong?

So, the gravity of the offense negates the fact that I'm using a word that can only be used to insult an entire population?

POW's are tortured all the time, Gonzo. You support actions like this. How can you feel so badly whenever what you support happens to be used by the other side.

First of all, you are ignoring that I always have America's back against anyone else.

Secondly, who says I support POWs being tortured?

Thirdly, yes, the gravity of the offense negates the fact that a couple Asians with way too much time are going to get moderately irritated and write letters.

Maybe he should give up his silly quest to correct what was wronged by doing a sufficient amount of wrong?

How has he wronged anyone, you vile piece of shit? You little fucking redneck bitch.

Tell me how he has wronged anyone by calling a group of people a name? You think that there are Asians losing sleep over this? You think that the actual people of Vietnam have even heard that we are having an election or know who the fuck McCain is?

Actually Sorcetease he said it specifically about the individuals who tortured him. With all due respect, as a hypothetical, what does it say about you for "lying" about what McCain said?

I don't mean to attack you personally or make the thread about you but I'm talking about the idea.

First of all, you are ignoring that I always have America's back against anyone else.

Secondly, who says I support POWs being tortured?

Thirdly, yes, the gravity of the offense negates the fact that a couple Asians with way too much time are going to get moderately irritated and write letters.

No it doesn't.

OK, if two black men come into your house, rape your wife, kill her, and then kill your children, are you excused in pulling out a gun and shooting every black man you see for the rest of your life?

Or calling every black man a nigger? Because there's no other way to use the word. It's all or none.

I clarified this...........

To any soldier in Vietnam, "gooks" refers to "North Vietnamese soldiers." It doesn't have the same connotation or meaning that we associate with it in America.

in a earlier post...'Gooks' refers to 'Charlie' and 'NVA'/must be a lib vs con thingee going on in here today!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The mugging comparison still stands here.

There are words that insult individuals and there are words that insult peoples. Try not to confuse the two. It is impossible to use the word "Gook" to only insult those that held you captive.

How's it impossible when he has already done it?

How has he wronged anyone, you vile piece of shit? You little fucking redneck bitch.

Tell me how he has wronged anyone by calling a group of people a name? You think that there are Asians losing sleep over this? You think that the actual people of Vietnam have even heard that we are having an election or know who the fuck McCain is?

Ding ding ding!

WM scores!

I understand what you’re saying, and I said before that his feelings are something we can sympathize with.

However…we are talking about making someone President here. I think that these comments coupled with the fact that this man never met a war he didn’t love, and is looking for more of them, clearly show that he is unable to see “the other” as having any humanity. Now, this could be a result of his captivity. Or, he could have went into that hole a racist bastard, and came out the same way. We don’t know. Doesn’t matter.

It disqualifies him from being President in my opinion, and goes a long way in explaining the man’s love for war.

Back