You Win

How many LW trolls do you think are on JPP? No names, just a number of usernames you'd consider more trollish than not. 1? 3? 5? More?

The left-wing trolls are well known here. You have Watermark, and Guno, mostly. Then you have a few that will pick up the troll club and mess with certain people. I know I told you Mason was messing with you after your sock comments. Of course, it's hard to call that trolling. Trolling isn't done as a counter to people doing something abrasive it's from the start. Like with Mason, it's being a smart ass and it's something we all do. Trolls are those being abrasive, lying, and mocking people and their standards from the getgo just to piss people off. Big example is Marcus. Of course, he's flaming obvious and is a C- troll at best.

The left-wing trolls are well known here. You have Watermark, and Guno, mostly. Then you have a few that will pick up the troll club and mess with certain people. I know I told you Mason was messing with you after your sock comments. Of course, it's hard to call that trolling. Trolling isn't done as a counter to people doing something abrasive it's from the start. Like with Mason, it's being a smart ass and it's something we all do. Trolls are those being abrasive, lying, and mocking people and their standards from the getgo just to piss people off. Big example is Marcus. Of course, he's flaming obvious and is a C- troll at best.

Trolling isn't "being a smart ass". Yes, can all be smart asses, but that's done with a wink. None of the RWNJ trolls on this forum are smart asses. They are just asses who think they are smart.

I don't know Watermark. I'm guessing they have a sock or three I might know. Disagreed on Guno although I have seen him troll certain people just as people have seen me troll certain others. There's a difference between an actual troll versus people having feuds and trolling each other. An actual trolls anyone who disagrees with them, people can choose to participate in a feud, defuse it or not get involved. No one, myself included, looks very good when feuding with others by trolling.

Then, of course, there are truly mentally deficient, most of whom are on the Right which I do find odd.

Interesting that you didn't mention Katzgar, jacksonsprat or a few others.

In the Liberal/Conservative thread you posted this comment:
Jack, we have sock accounts here. We liberals don't care much about illegitimate polls where people can vote multiple times. In addition, I have to imagine Grinds 40 either includes older posters that don't post lately or includes socks. I'd say we'd be lucky to have 23 regular liberals.
If true, that means most liberals have a sock puppet. LOL

BTW, the "40" was people signing up, not old accounts.

Trolling isn't "being a smart ass". Yes, can all be smart asses, but that's done with a wink. None of the RWNJ trolls on this forum are smart asses. They are just asses who think they are smart.

I don't know Watermark. I'm guessing they have a sock or three I might know. Disagreed on Guno although I have seen him troll certain people just as people have seen me troll certain others. There's a difference between an actual troll versus people having feuds and trolling each other. An actual trolls anyone who disagrees with them, people can choose to participate in a feud, defuse it or not get involved. No one, myself included, looks very good when feuding with others by trolling.

Then, of course, there are truly mentally deficient, most of whom are on the Right which I do find odd.

Interesting that you didn't mention Katzgar, jacksonsprat or a few others.

In the Liberal/Conservative thread you posted this comment: If true, that means most liberals have a sock puppet. LOL

BTW, the "40" was people signing up, not old accounts.
You misunderstood, I said some people will act obnoxious in reaction to others. Sometimes that gets labeled trolling when it's just being a smart ass. That's what Mason was doing with you. True trolling is just fishing for triggers without provocation. Jacksonsprat is a reactionary smart ass and not a troll, that's why I didn't mention him. I did forget Katzgar though who does troll Christians a bit. I mostly ignore it anymore.

Most liberals don't have socks. That's mostly a few right-wingers, trolls, and a few others in the sock category.

You misunderstood, I said some people will act obnoxious in reaction to others. Sometimes that gets labeled trolling when it's just being a smart ass. That's what Mason was doing with you. True trolling is just fishing for triggers without provocation. Jacksonsprat is a reactionary smart ass and not a troll, that's why I didn't mention him. I did forget Katzgar though who does troll Christians a bit. I mostly ignore it anymore.

Most liberals don't have socks. That's mostly a few right-wingers, trolls, and a few others in the sock category.

We'll have to agree to disagree on who is and who isn't a troll.

I have no way of knowing who is and who isn't a sock. Not even the mods can stop VPNs, although I think they can see members who have consistent IPs and those whose IPs are constantly changing without obvious reason.

The 40 to 20 count on the liberal/conservative thread is an interesting number.

That goes to my question of why you think RWers do this more than LWers. You know there are LW trolls on JPP, just fewer here and on USMB. None on Trinnity's Stormfront Lite forum. LW trolls dominate forums like PH.

What is "PH"?

Yes, there are LW trolls here, and elsewhere esp. on social media. But they are not nearly as numerous or as vicious as the RWers.

What is "PH"?

Yes, there are LW trolls here, and elsewhere esp. on social media. But they are not nearly as numerous or as vicious as the RWers.

Political Hotwire; heavily LW biased with biased moderation but not as biased as Trinnity's TPF forum.

A slight disagreement; LWers can be as vicious as RWers, but there seem to be more vicious RWers than Left.

We'll have to agree to disagree on who is and who isn't a troll.

I have no way of knowing who is and who isn't a sock. Not even the mods can stop VPNs, although I think they can see members who have consistent IPs and those whose IPs are constantly changing without obvious reason.

The 40 to 20 count on the liberal/conservative thread is an interesting number.

Well if you go by certain standards we'd all be trolls here. The trolls are easy here though, they think they can just say something racist, sexist, and be done with it. Very few can convince you enough to successfully troll. Watermark has been one of the more successful trolls here. He even went troll fishing and got Jack banned for 12b. Watermark is called Fuck The Police right now. He's an original poster here.

Well if you go by certain standards we'd all be trolls here. The trolls are easy here though, they think they can just say something racist, sexist, and be done with it. Very few can convince you enough to successfully troll. Watermark has been one of the more successful trolls here. He even went troll fishing and got Jack banned for 12b. Watermark is called Fuck The Police right now. He's an original poster here.

Sure, as we've already discussed, but let's not muddy the waters. The hard trolls are easy to spot not by what they post, but by what they don't post. They never relax, never see both sides, are rarely actually rational without going psycho.

Can you recall seeing Teflon Don or Truth Detector casually chatting about watching Andy Griffith on a B&W television or their favorite hobbies? Me neither. They're pure Troll, but I also consider them to be mentally ill. Maybe there's a correlation there.

As for Watermark, I doubt Fuck the Police is his only username.....but maybe all the RW whack jobs are starting to look alike to me since they all post the same bullshit.

Political Hotwire; heavily LW biased with biased moderation but not as biased as Trinnity's TPF forum.

A slight disagreement; LWers can be as vicious as RWers, but there seem to be more vicious RWers than Left.

Agreed -- and that was my original point!

<Old lady ramble>The U.P. is unlike any place else I've ever lived or visited. People make eye contact, smile, wave, stop and talk to you no matter where you are. If someone sees you stumble in the parking lot, they will stop and ask if you're good. If the story of a child's stolen bike ends up on the news (which it often does along with other local stories that don't involve crime or accidents), and the sobbing child said he had to work for a year to earn the $200 it cost, by the time the news is over someone will start a Gofundme to buy him a new one, and he'll have enough within days to buy a car instead. We're spread out over a huge wilderness area, yet we still have the small town feel of a place that feels like home.

But on the local news stations' FB pages and Twitter accounts, you would think we lived in Trumpistan. Every single story, no matter how innocuous ("Start of Ishpeming Football Season Delayed a Month") turns into a rant against the governor. Then there are the screams and curses at anything who says "oh, that's sad for them". Because obviously if you are sad for the team, that means you don't get that the virus is a hoax that the liberal fascists are using to destroy Trump and the economy.

If the story is about the virus, the anti-maskers show up and start screaming at everyone who wears one. We're sheeple, brainwashed, idiots, blah blah blah. Example: One story a while back was about an elderly lady working to make masks for nursing home residents and staff. (Yeah, I already said our news is that exciting.) I liked the post about the story on their FB page, and merely said: "She's a hero! Keep up the good work." I was called all those pejoratives above plus bitch, moron, libtard. Oh, and cunt. </old lady story>

The chasm between the reality of life here, how people are face-to-face -- with the way RWers act on-line is absolutely huge.

Oh, so that's who that is.

Trolls just post inflammatory shit, respond to every negative comment on said shit with vile personal attacks. They post a dozen new threads as quickly as the software allows it. They are compelled to post in every current thread with nothing but personal insults.

Examples: Terri4Trump and Steven VanderMolen.

Sure, as we've already discussed, but let's not muddy the waters. The hard trolls are easy to spot not by what they post, but by what they don't post. They never relax, never see both sides, are rarely actually rational without going psycho.

Can you recall seeing Teflon Don or Truth Detector casually chatting about watching Andy Griffith on a B&W television or their favorite hobbies? Me neither. They're pure Troll, but I also consider them to be mentally ill. Maybe there's a correlation there.

As for Watermark, I doubt Fuck the Police is his only username.....but maybe all the RW whack jobs are starting to look alike to me since they all post the same bullshit.

Teflon is likely mentally ill, I've been around mental illness enough to know that much. Truthie has been ignored too much to weigh in on anything other than him being boring enough to warrant a few drinks if you need to engage him in conversation. Watermark still uses the same account from 2006, he just constantly changes the name to reflect his trolling.

Oh, so that's who that is.

Trolls just post inflammatory shit, respond to every negative comment on said shit with vile personal attacks. They post a dozen new threads as quickly as the software allows it. They are compelled to post in every current thread with nothing but personal insults.

Examples: Terri4Trump and Steven VanderMolen.

Trolls off the top of my head. (note that some may be the same person): Legion, Watermark, Buck Tucker, Teflon Don, Arminius, Terri4Trump, Steve VanderMolen, IBDaman, MarcusA, Overkill, Grajonca, Volsrock, CFM, Text Drivers Are Killers, Evmetro, Tinfoil, Bobb, Matt Dillon, USfreedom911, Guno (half-troll), Flanders.

Last edited:
Agreed -- and that was my original point!

<Old lady ramble>The U.P. is unlike any place else I've ever lived or visited. People make eye contact, smile, wave, stop and talk to you no matter where you are. If someone sees you stumble in the parking lot, they will stop and ask if you're good. If the story of a child's stolen bike ends up on the news (which it often does along with other local stories that don't involve crime or accidents), and the sobbing child said he had to work for a year to earn the $200 it cost, by the time the news is over someone will start a Gofundme to buy him a new one, and he'll have enough within days to buy a car instead. We're spread out over a huge wilderness area, yet we still have the small town feel of a place that feels like home.

But on the local news stations' FB pages and Twitter accounts, you would think we lived in Trumpistan. Every single story, no matter how innocuous ("Start of Ishpeming Football Season Delayed a Month") turns into a rant against the governor. Then there are the screams and curses at anything who says "oh, that's sad for them". Because obviously if you are sad for the team, that means you don't get that the virus is a hoax that the liberal fascists are using to destroy Trump and the economy.

If the story is about the virus, the anti-maskers show up and start screaming at everyone who wears one. We're sheeple, brainwashed, idiots, blah blah blah. Example: One story a while back was about an elderly lady working to make masks for nursing home residents and staff. (Yeah, I already said our news is that exciting.) I liked the post about the story on their FB page, and merely said: "She's a hero! Keep up the good work." I was called all those pejoratives above plus bitch, moron, libtard. Oh, and cunt. </old lady story>

The chasm between the reality of life here, how people are face-to-face -- with the way RWers act on-line is absolutely huge.

Agreed about the chasm. Most people, IMO, are just venting. The whole "drunk man's words, sober man's thoughts" thing but the ones you are alluding to are not just normal people's thoughts. These guys, and gals, are full on nuts. I doubt they are fully functional IRL which is why they are so active here.

A few of them make the rounds of different forums posting the same crap over and over again. That's not normal. Being constantly angry and hateful isn't normal. As discussed with Crocodile about trolls, there are personalities here who are normal, including being trolls, and then there are the nutjobs.

Teflon is likely mentally ill, I've been around mental illness enough to know that much. Truthie has been ignored too much to weigh in on anything other than him being boring enough to warrant a few drinks if you need to engage him in conversation. Watermark still uses the same account from 2006, he just constantly changes the name to reflect his trolling.

There are several indicators about personality online even though text is a very poor form of communication for complex topics. Over time their personality is revealed. Others can, and do, form an opinion about a person after a few thousand posts. After so much time and so many posts, a person's personality shows through regardless if they are trying to mask it or not. Most people can spot an "off" personality even if they are very forgiving about human faults. It usually takes a shrink or clinical psychologist to figure out why the person is "off", but not to spot it. There is a normal range of human behavior and then there are those on the fringe.

Trolls off the top of my head. (note that some may be the same person): Legion, Watermark, Buck Tucker, Teflon Don, Arminius, Terri4Trump, Steve VanderMolen, IBDaman, MarcusA, Overkill, Grajonca, Volsrock, CFM, Text Drivers Are Killers, Evmetro, Tinfoil, Bobb, Matt Dillon, USfreedom911, Guno (half-troll), Flanders.

Sounds like your troll tags are pretty similar to mine. Serenity is a troll too.

Back