A church congregation cheered as Lauren Boebert said she prays for Joe Biden's demise

you're not above it all.

you're a mud person.

I did not say I was above it all.

I openly acknowledge that I do not know about any gods.

The real difference between people like you...and moi...

...is that acknowledgement.

Here it is again:

I do not know if any GOD (or gods) exist or not;
I see no reason to suspect that gods cannot exist…that the existence of a GOD or gods is impossible;
I see no reason to suspect that at least one GOD must exist...that the existence of at least one GOD is needed to explain existence;
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction on whether any gods exist or not...so I don't.

(When I use the word "GOD or gods" here, I mean "The entity (or entities) responsible for the creation of what we humans call 'the physical universe'...IF SUCH AN ENTITY OR ENTITIES ACTUALLY EXIST.)

Religion and politics should never be mixed. Unfortunately we see it mixed frequently. For example we see Democrat politicians in Black churches speaking all the time. It happens with Republicans also but Black churches seem to be more politically active in general. I suspect that reflects back to the time of slavery. I have even seen Biden and Harris at Black churches. Politicians should not be speaking in Black or White or any church. Churches are from bringing people to God not to your particular political party. Churches should not be allowing this to happen.

Religion and politics should never be mixed. Unfortunately we see it mixed frequently. For example we see Democrat politicians in Black churches speaking all the time. It happens with Republicans also but Black churches seem to be more politically active in general. I suspect that reflects back to the time of slavery. I have even seen Biden and Harris at Black churches. Politicians should not be speaking in Black or White or any church. Churches are from bringing people to God not to your particular political party. Churches should not be allowing this to happen.

They are cheering the death of the sitting American president

They just made themselves the enemy of America

I did not say I was above it all.

I openly acknowledge that I do not know about any gods.

The real difference between people like you...and moi...

...is that acknowledgement.

Here it is again:

I do not know if any GOD (or gods) exist or not;
I see no reason to suspect that gods cannot exist…that the existence of a GOD or gods is impossible;
I see no reason to suspect that at least one GOD must exist...that the existence of at least one GOD is needed to explain existence;
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction on whether any gods exist or not...so I don't.

(When I use the word "GOD or gods" here, I mean "The entity (or entities) responsible for the creation of what we humans call 'the physical universe'...IF SUCH AN ENTITY OR ENTITIES ACTUALLY EXIST.)

whether or not god exists, do you believe morality has any value?

Wow! That sure will make those Christians love the government, huh? It's almost like you think the church is wicked and you want to see them punished!

So it’s OK they were calling for and cheering the death of an American president?

Remember how you losers reacted to a comedian holding up a prop head of mushroom penis Donnie?

You all ran around screaming like flailing idiots

That destroyed that woman career

Democrats all over the nation trashed her too

Remember

Yeah. Christians did that because of what Jesus is quoted as saying in Matthew 5:17ff.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you: UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT THE SMALLEST LETTER OF THE LAW, NOT THE SMALLEST PART OF A LETTER, SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH UNTIL IT ALL COME TRUE.

It was either negate the law...or call Jesus a liar. They chose the former...which actually meant choosing the latter also.

Matthew 7:12

12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

whether or not god exists, do you believe morality has any value?

I do not use the word "believe" when it means guess, estimate, suppose, regard, or the like. So I can say that I do not "believe" morality has any value.

I also have a huge problem with the word "morality."

There are things people on the right side of American politics consider moral...that I consider to be close to immoral. There undoubtedly are things that I consider to be moral...that others consider to be close to immoral.

On things were we can agree are moral...I consider "moral" things to have great value.

I don't really conceive of god as an individual entity.

many times big concepts are encapsulated in a personification.
:truestory:

Not sure what that means in answer to my question.

It sounds like a "NO."

Am I correct that you do not worship the same god that Jesus worshiped...and that you suppose your fellow Christians do not either?

I do not use the word "believe" when it means guess, estimate, suppose, regard, or the like. So I can say that I do not "believe" morality has any value.

I also have a huge problem with the word "morality."

There are things people on the right side of American politics consider moral...that I consider to be close to immoral. There undoubtedly are things that I consider to be moral...that others consider to be close to immoral.

On things were we can agree are moral...I consider "moral" things to have great value.

word games.

typical.

here's what morality is:

Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --Asshatzombie

do you agree with it?

Not sure what that means in answer to my question.

It sounds like a "NO."

Am I correct that you do not worship the same god that Jesus worshiped...and that you suppose your fellow Christians do not either?

let's go down both branches.

yes, its the same god.

no, it's not the same god.

now what?

stack these timelines.

Back