Abortion: wrong or just sort of wrong?

let's take a different tack on this problem you're having.....I realize you don't accept the fact that a zygote is a human being, though you apparently have no problem accepting it after the ninth month of the pregnancy......if you're okay with aborting the zygote because it's unicellular and isn't human, how do you feel about the fifth day of pregnancy and beyond?.......

A zygote is not a human being. Why are you arguing that again? I zygote is human - it is not a human being.

Obviously, there is a point of development at which things become more defined. That's why things like sentience & viability are such vital aspects to the discussion.

A zygote is not a human being. Why are you arguing that again? I zygote is human - it is not a human being.

Obviously, there is a point of development at which things become more defined. That's why things like sentience & viability are such vital aspects to the discussion.
I'm not arguing that....there's nothing to argue.....everyone knows that a zygote is a human being......however, I see you completely avoided the new question in favor of trying to reopen the old.....

I will try again....lets assume for the sake of argument that I agree you can abort zygotes......fast forwarding to the second day of the pregnancy........the unborn child is no longer single celled, do you still deny its humanness?......

I'm not arguing that....there's nothing to argue.....everyone knows that a zygote is a human being......however, I see you completely avoided the new question in favor of trying to reopen the old.....

I will try again....lets assume for the sake of argument that I agree you can abort zygotes......fast forwarding to the second day of the pregnancy........the unborn child is no longer single celled, do you still deny its humanness?......

It's human on a DNA level. But it's not a human being; it's a clump of cells.

It's insanely simple to me. There is nothing there but a clump of cells, without sentience, self-awareness, viability, any type of cognizance, no brain waves. Just cells.

Also, you're another one like Granule, PMP. I see right through you on this; you don't care about this argument because you're so concerned about "life." No one buys that.

The argument of viability.

Once the zygote implants it is viable. The only way for it to not be viable is if it were attacked and killed, either by outside forces, or due to its own lack of viability.

Pro abortion proponents attempt to claim its need of viability outside the womb to grant it viable, to claim the right to kill it. Should we then not have the right to kill anyone who cannot sustain viability on their own in an environment not suited to their particular need?

The argument of viability.

Once the zygote implants it is viable. The only way for it to not be viable is if it were attacked and killed, either by outside forces, or due to its own lack of viability.

Pro abortion proponents attempt to claim its need of viability outside the womb to grant it viable, to claim the right to kill it. Should we then not have the right to kill anyone who cannot sustain viability on their own in an environment not suited to their particular need?

No - and that is a silly/lazy counter-argument to make.

Why did you single out viability? I listed quite a few considerations; all of which are vital to the discussion.

There really can't be reasoned debate on this until one side acknowledges that it is a complex issue, and ceases trying to simplify it.

Also, you're another one like Granule, PMP. I see right through you on this; you don't care about this argument because you're so concerned about "life." No one buys that.
let's be honest.....you don't see a fucking thing and you never have....you're the one with no concern for life....fifty million dead since 1972......

No - and that is a silly/lazy counter-argument to make.

Why did you single out viability? I listed quite a few considerations; all of which are vital to the discussion.

There really can't be reasoned debate on this until one side acknowledges that it is a complex issue, and ceases trying to simplify it.
what's complicated about it......the unborn child is alive and you want to kill it......that isn't complicated....

You say that on one hand, yet on another thread still try to justify Iraq.

It's transparent. To everyone.

I didn't "justify" Iraq....I merely pointed out that someone (was it you, I don't remember) was lying about Blix.........someone else was lying about "Shock and Awe"......next I expect some idiot will claim the US killed a hundred thousand plus civilians.......liberals have a hard time telling the truth around here.....somebody needs to point it out.......

I didn't "justify" Iraq....I merely pointed out that someone (was it you, I don't remember) was lying about Blix.........someone else was lying about "Shock and Awe"......next I expect some idiot will claim the US killed a hundred thousand plus civilians.......liberals have a hard time telling the truth around here.....somebody needs to point it out.......

You got smoked on the Blix thing. Your own link had Blix saying they were able to inspect every site they wanted to, and that a lot of the early issues had been eliminated.

And sorry, but lots of innocent Iraqis did die in that war. I'm sure you didn't bat an eyelash on those...but when it comes to a clump of cells with no cognizence or sentience whatsoever, no brain or brain activity, no defining characteristics or viability...why, it's murder! They're killing babies!!!

I think there is a problem in that forcedbirthers think 'alive' means 'human'. We are human when we are properly born - until then we are potential, just as rightwingers are potential Nobel laureates. It is a pity so few of us fulfil our potential, but that's the system we live under, let's face it. Given a non-greed-based system it might be worth having all the potential people born, but until then it is pure evil.

Back